logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Gehan Homes
Defectively constructed my home
2. (4 mins ago)
JDM Tiger Japanese Auto Parts Ltd.
missing parts to engine
3. (7 mins ago)
Calvert Quilt Shop
Horrible Customer Sevice
4. (14 mins ago)
Pay Power Visa
Took money and never applied to prepaid debit card
5. (18 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-02-01 by    SLKONE

Auto Claim

State Farm
Colorado Springs, Colorado
A State Farm insured plowed into me in an intersection in Colorado Springs 1/23/2012. She was cited at the scene. I suffered some minor injuries and my vehicle is probably totaled. I was assigned a claims agent (a useless guy) by the name of Bob Klutz 800-324-0704 ext 22080. I was given a rental car for 7 days (?). I was told on the day of the accident by State Farm that they would send out paperwork for my injuries. After I was examined by the ambulance personnel, they suggested I see a doctor since I did have injuries to my legs and a bad burn from the air bag. I did see my doctor the next day and he recommended I return in a month to make sure everything has healed properly. The week came and went with no info from State Farm, no call about my vehicle. I called on 01/30/12 because I was going to need to turn in my rental car, but I had no info about my own vehicle or any info received for a injury claim. I spoke to "Lisa" who is in Bob Klutz's area apparently and she said that someone would call me about my vehicle that day. That day came and went, no call. I called in again on 01/31/12 and Bob Klutz (first time I talked to the actual claims agent) said he would put me on hold and see who was handling my car in the "total loss" department. I was on hold for about 15 minutes and he came back to say he still had not found who was handling my claim in "total loss", could I hold a moment longer. Another 10 minutes passed and a lady came on the line and began asking me if I currently lived in Florida (???) or had ever lived in Florida (??). I said absolutely not, I was calling about an accident in Colorado. She then advised that since the woman who hit me had been a resident in Florida and recently moved to Colorado the claim had been transferred to FLORIDA. She said it was an error on their part and that she would get my claim transferred to a Colorado claims rep. She then transferred me to another person who acted like I had just called in, but assured me that they would extend the rental car for another 7 days. No one has seen my car sitting at a body shop because of this screw up. So at 4:30 pm 01/31/12 Bob Klutz (the name is becoming appropriate) leaves a message at my home number, like he has never spoken to me before, wanting to know if there is any thing he can help me with on my injury claim (WTF?). I called him this morning 02/01/12 and said, "REALLY??? Do you not remember speaking to me yesterday morning and dropping me onto a Florida rep who then transferred me to someone in your office????" I have never received a single phone call or paperwork about my injuries much less about my car. Interestingly, his only response is to say that they did send the paperwork, he verified my address and said they would send it again. As I explained how frustrated and upset I am that NOTHING has been done nor has anyone called me (I have done ALL the calling and checking) and never once has anyone apologized or been empathetic. He said it would be hard to work with me since I was so hostile, OMG! His only answer to ANYTHING I brought up was that he would have someone call me, the person in "total loss", his "manager" and " just what else did I expect from him", how about start out by apologizing that I was injured, that my car may be totaled, that they have done no follow up until more than a week has passed, that someone put the claim in a Florida office. No, No not going to be customer service oriented! So I sit here again today, with no more info that I had the day their insured plowed into my car. I am left with no info and waiting for "someone" to call me back, he doesn't know when, but "someone" will call me back. Believe me I am not feeling good about this! Why does anyone wonder why there are so many lawsuits? I will give them a little more time and then I will contact a lawyer. I am suffering, mostly mentally at how this will financially impact me if they total my vehicle, there is no way that I will receive enough to replace my beautiful car. By the way the person who hit me is 90 years old...
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Feb, 2012 by   SLKONE -1 Votes
Mom Knows Best must not have read my entire complaint. I was hit by a person who is insured by State Farm. State Farm is supposed to be handling the claim. I was not at fault in the accident.
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   Cooee +1 Votes
Mom - I agree with you. SLKONE -- Why in the world would the insurer apologize to you for their customer hitting you? I have been hit by careless drivers twice in the past ten years (neither incident was my fault) and it would never have ocurred to me to expect an *apology* from the at-fault driver's insurer. So, get over yourself on this non-issue. What I DID expect was the insurer to deliver prompt, courteous service to wrap up the claims as soon as possible. On THIS issue you have gotten a raw deal!!! This IS a serious problem for you and one you should not be experiencing. You should call the Insurance Commissioner in your state and see what remedy they would suggest to you. They may connect you to a different person/department to deal with at State Farm or advise you to escalate the matter to a formal complaint with the state Insurance Commission right away. If you don't have an Ins. Comm. in Colorado go to the state Consumer Affairs Dept. Do NOT let this lag though - pursue it relentlessly. I don't know if there is a time limit for YOU to do something. Maybe State Farm is dragging their feet so they can say YOU failed to return paperwork or something similar to avoid responsibility. Don't let that happen!

Things You Should Never Buy Used