logo

Starving Students Movers

Posted: 2011-06-03 by    Big Boss

Tried to rip me off

Starving Students Movers
Starving Student Movers quoted me $1600 to move my one bedroom apartment from Chicago to CA. They loaded all my goods, and then the driver said the load was larger than expected and would in fact cost $5000 to move. When I rejected that higher bill and demanded my property back, they refused to return my property. They locked the semi trailer and said I'd have to pay them to simply get my stuff back, let alone move it to the new location. I had to call the Chicago Police Dept, who forced them to unload my items. They didn't even move any of it back to my apartment - they simply left everything just inside the door of the apartment building and I had to call some friends to help move it all back up to my apartment.

The CPD said this was a common ocurrance and just about everyone simply buckles and pays the jacked up fee. Do your research and hire a reputable moving company, and if things do get ugly, don't cave in. Don't let these crooks bully you.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

No Health Insurance? What To Do