logo

LK Jewelry Designs http://www.promolk.com
Horrible Quality Ring, Worse Customer Service, RIPPED OFF
2. (1 hr 46 mins ago)
Jenna, the Astrologer
Don't fall for her emails
3. (2 hrs 11 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-01-18 by    faithmom

customer service

startex power
Texas
This company is an electric service provider. They claim to have great customer service but have the worst I have ever seen. If you call to ask about your bill you get a long drawn out prepared speech but beyond that the CSR's have no idea what's going on and it seems are trained to ignore anything you say . For months they never told me I was being charged double on kilowatts per hour and that my contract expired. I am on lite up texas and hud so I was really disappointed about that. Many times I questioned why my bill was so high and when I finally figured it out myself and brought it to their attention the office of the president only offered a $50 credit for 9 month of that. This is a horrible company and I would not recommend them unless you like being treated like a piece of garbage when you ask about your bill.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2012 by   Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power 0 Votes
StarTex Power sincerely apologizes for what you have endured. I would appreciate the opportunity to hear your concerns and review your account. Please email me directly at jbell@startexpower.com or call me at 713-292-2551. I look forward to assisting you.
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   Crystalpearl -1 Votes
Whoever "Rebecca" is in the the customer service department...well she needs to learn how to talk to people. She is quick to degrade someone just because they need help with a payment plan. They need to retrain their people and realize they would be out of a job if all their customers relocated.
 21st of May, 2012 by   Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power 0 Votes
I apologize for the delayed response, as I wasn't notified of your response to this post. Could you please be so kind as to email me at jennifer.lewis@startexpower.com with your account information? I look forward to assisting you.
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   Al Salazar 0 Votes
Zip Code 76051, The Trail Lake Subdivision on Kimball Rd. at Trail Lake has consistent ongoing bi-weekly power outages! Why??? The main road of Kimball at Sweet Briar St. has telephone poles with a nest of loose electrical wires and misc. electrical junction boxes hanging like discarded old relics of providing electricity to the area but appear dangerous as they hang over the sidewalk and park where pedistrians and cyclyist travel daily. Can we have a serious look in to the on going complete power outages that plague this subdivision on a regular basis! Who else in the State of Texas can I complain too? I'm there and will petition entire neighborhood and city council to do so as well.
 30th of Jul, 2012 by   Jennifer Bell_StarTex Power 0 Votes
Hello Mr. Salazar; thank you for your post. Your Transmission Distribution Utility ‘TDU’ is Oncor. Oncor owns and operates the poles, wires, transformers, and meters in your area. They are also responsible for obtaining your meter reads on a monthly basis and sending them to StarTex Power, so that we may invoice you accordingly. StarTex Power is your Retail Electric Provider. We are responsible for billing your account based on information provided by Oncor. I have located your account within StarTex Power and will send you a follow-up email to further guide you with this matter. Best regards, Jennifer Lewis
 29th of Oct, 2012 by   Keep_Honest 0 Votes
They did the same thing to me. I've had nothing but problems with this company from day one! I travel a lot for my work and have a small one bedroom apartment in Dallas. My typical electric bill for any given month is approx 70.00 but recently it doubled because apparently my contract had expired. I am absolutely against any type of auto withdraw from my bank account because I need control of my finances and not have some company come in and take whatever they feel like charging any given month. Because I frequently travel and am very busy I've failed to pay their bill exactly when they want it paid. I've had my power shut off 4 times now, each time for well under 100.00. If you are as much as 1 day late they will turn it off then charge you fees to turn it back on. It's a big hassle and completely unnecessary. I would recommend that you not make the mistake I made and steer clear of this company, they are not worth the hassle.
 25th of Mar, 2014 by   Power Play Racing 0 Votes
I have been a Commercial - Star Tex customer, at both of my locations, for 41 months, going on my second contract . Star Tex Power has absolutely the worst customer service division I have ever dealt with, from the low end of the pole all the way up to the top person that will take your call . I have been a business owner for 24 years now and I am constantly on the phone with multiple companies and never have I experienced such incompetent people . They start off by putting you on what they call a brief hold which is an average of 5-10 minutes, then if you ask a question, they do it again & again, until you ask for a supervisor . They will put you on hold, while they " go look for a supervisor " . Of course the supervisor is unavailable, but after several calls & days later, if you do get a supervisor on the phone, they will be of little use as well . The supervisors will tell you that they are going to look into the problem and call you back within 7-10 days, never did I get a call back . I tried 15 calls in 6 and half weeks to get answers about why I was being charged twice as much delivery charges as my actual usage on one of my locations . At that one location my bill is now three times as much as it was when I signed up with Star Tex . I also wanted to know why my bill was 152.44 more than the figures added up to . In the end, I got no real answer about why my delivery charges were so high . I was told that they had charge me wrong for several months and that the 152.44 was months of back charges that I had to pay or they would shut off my service . You better not go with Star Tex, if you are looking for a electric provider . Looks like if they are not making enough money honestly, they will probably make up charges and add them to the total of your bill .
 10th of Jul, 2014 by   Angela Hei 0 Votes
I have been with Startex Power since 2006. I recently received a letter from TXU Energy offering low rates, so I called Startex Power to see what I was paying there. That is when I was informed that my contract had expired in 2010 and I have been paying month to month rates. I asked how come I was never informed. I was told I was sent a letter in November of 2010 explaining that my contract was about to expire. Well, I never received that letter. The lady informed me that she would ask that my account be credited back to 2010 and then asked if I wanted to renew my contract. Of course, I said yes. A month later, I call to see if my account was credited and was told that they could not back date anything. I asked to speak to a manager. I was put on hold, then Lydia, a member management, came on the line. She informed me that a letter was sent to me in November 2010, and they had spoke with my "spouse" in August of 2013 and informed him that the contract had expired. Well, my "spouse's" name was suppose to be removed from the account for a year now because he is no longer my spouse and I had asked several times for his name to be removed. She informed me there was nothing she could do about the billing, but she would remove his name. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she said that there was nothing they could do that she couldn't do. When I told her that was okay I still wanted to talk to them, she said she would have them call me. I asked to have her supervisor's name and phone number, and she told me she would have them call me. I asked why I couldn't have their name, and she told me she had to follow the chain of command. I have never had such poor customer service as I have with Startex Power. I have spoke with them on several occasions since 2010 and I have never been informed that I was paying month to month. I think 4 years is a long time for someone to be paying month to month and cannot believe that as long as I have been with them, they would send just one letter and inform someone that is not even suppose to be on my account. In which, by the way, he is still listed right now on my account. Lydia, the member management STILL DID NOT REMOVE HIS NAME.
 24th of Jul, 2014 by   Ken DR 0 Votes
I was a 5 year customer with Star Tex and always paid my bill on time. My latest bill had a Time to Renew notice so I followed the link. I didn't think their offer was competitive so I checked on Power to Choose. I found a better offer and signed up. Apparently, with smart meters, it no longer takes 6 weeks to change, only 3 days. So Star Tex sent me a final bill with a $250 Early Termination fee. I called their customer service and got the BS run around and was told to read my contract; there was nothing they could do. Really terrible way to treat a long time customer.
 24th of Sep, 2014 by   Jean Scheetz 0 Votes
I received switched from Star Tex to TXU. My contract was up on 9/26/l4 with Star Tex and when I applied with TXU, I asked them to change it on 9/26/l4;/ TXU changed it the day that I put in the application 0/05/l4 and now Star Tex is charging me with a $l50.00 cancellation fee. I went with them because of a cheaper rate and I live on a fixed income. I feel this is their fault, which they say is not as they cannot see the date it was suppose to be switched. I am very perturbed with them. I am sorry I switched to them. Is there anything that can be done able this early cancellation fee?
 24th of Sep, 2014 by   Jean Scheetz 0 Votes
Recently switched from Star Tex to TXU and TX U switched it the date I applied instead of the date my contract was up which was 9/26/14. Star Tex is charging me a $l50 early cancellation fee. I cannot afford this as I live on a fixed income and changed to get a lower rate to save money. I asked TXU why they changed it on the date I applied instead of the date of 9/6/14 when my contract was up and they said they couldn't see that date. Sorry I switched to them. Is there anything I can do? I feel like switching back and letting them eat their early cancellation fee.

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide