logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
www.boxhop.com
They provided useless tracking number
2. (2 mins ago)
Plus500
Fraud-money stolen
3. (44 mins ago)
www.snowboots-buying.com
The seller didn’t provide any information – I think it’s scam
4. (45 mins ago)

Squareup.com

Posted: 2011-05-12 by    scooterob1

POOR customer service/scam

Squareup.com
My Ex and I were needing a quick and painless way to settle up on a vehicle that we had purchased. After reading about the Squareup.com product we thought that It would be worth checking out because we needed to use a credit card to make the transaction between us.

I initially emailed the people at squareup.com to explain the situation to them, in detail, as I was aware that there is a hold on payouts over $1, 000. My inquiry was responded to quickly and enthusiastically to increase my payout as long as I swiped the card with my Square reader.

Two days later I received an email from the Square risk department asking for details of the transaction since I was a first time user. I appreciated that they were doing their due diligence to protect the company and other users, so I explained the situation again and referred back to my previous inquiry which resulted in my payout status being accelerated. Our full cooperation was offered along with my personal number for contact if needed.

Twenty-four hours later I had heard nothing back. I sent another email to the Square help address, again speaking of the situation and asking of an update.

Another 24 hours later (Now four days after the original transaction) I had not received a reply, Another email was sent again asking for some status update.

It has now been 5 days since the original transaction, 4 days since Square's inquiry, and I have sent six (6) messages to them and have yet to receive a single reply.

They offer No other means of reconciliation on their website. At this point I think I will have to engage the credit card company to stop the transaction and do any reporting against Squareup that is needed.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Oct, 2011 by   Trinity2011 0 Votes
Squareup not only is not doing a good job at processing transactions, they are also keeping the money for way too long (most likely they are using it) and they could cause great damage to companies that need that cash flow to keep afloat. I sympathize with all those people that lost alot of money, I hope they get it back. I will definitely not be using squareup even if I get my money($400.00)...it's too much of a risk.
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   Trinity2011 0 Votes
Also, I would recommend withdrawing your money or closing the account to prevent possible possible illegal withdrawls by squareup.
 11th of Nov, 2011 by   daroyalle4 0 Votes
This company is unbelievable. They promise to process deposits within 36 hours. So, I verified my account as requested. I processed two deposits equaling a little over $600. I waited 24 hours, 36 hours even 48 hours for the funds. Nothing. So I emailed their customer service. After two additional days, the company responded that I needed to send in an invoice and tracking numbers. I did so, but I was upset as this is WAY past the 36 hours they promised. It has now been TWO weeks since I have received a reply and the funds have yet to be deposited. This company is unbelievable AND since the transactions were considered processed on their end, there is no way to refund my customers until they decide to release the funds. I would warn against using them in the future.
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   mckbulldog02 0 Votes
Here is an email i emailed Sqaure, Inc. on 12-1-2011
S
ubject: FUNDS ... ACCOUNT ON HOLD

Email Message:
THIS IS THE 3RD GOD DAMN f***ING TIME I HAVE WROTE TO YOU MOTHER f***ERS. IM TIRED OF CALLING IN AND GETTING THE SAME OLD RUN AROUND BULLSHIT, I FILED ANOTHER COMPLAINT WITH THE BBB. I SEE WHY YOU PEOPLE HAVE AN " F " RATING. YOU HAVE SOME OPTION HERE. YOU GET THE FUNDS OFF HOLD AND SENT TO MY BANK AND WE CONDUCT BUSINESS AS USUAL AND NO MORE OF THIS HOLDING MY MONEY BULLSHIT, OR I CAN CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION AND MY LAWYER AND ADVISE THEM OF YOUR FRAUDULENT AND SCAM PRACTICES. I DONT CARE IF ITS 7.21 OR 721.00, THE POINT IS THAT YOU GOT YOUR TRANSACTION FEE AND HOLDING MY MONEY THATS NOT YOURS IS CALLED " THEFT "

IM ALSO PROUD TO MENTION THAT MY BUSINESS HAS AN " A " WITH THE BBB, I HAVE NEVER HAD A COMPLAINT WITH THEM, ATLEAST I DONT GO FRAUDING PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO. YOU HAVE A " F " RATING, I HAVE AN A RATING, SO WHY DONT YOU EVALUATE THE HONESTY HERE. YOU HAVE UNTIL THE END OF BUSINESS 12-2-2011 TO GET MY ACCOUNT OFF HOLD AND MY FUNDS SENT TO THE BANK OR I WILL BE CONTACTING MY LAWYER AND I WILL MAKE SURE EVERY BLOG, TWITTER, AND FACEBOOK ALL KNOW WHAT CROOKS YOU ARE, I WILL MAKE SURE I CLOSE YOUR DOORS.

DONT f*** WITH ME, OR YOU WILL LOSE !!!

Matthew H******
OWNER

Peoples Wireless of Ohio provides the best customer service to all its customers ranging from consumers and businesses. We sell up to date products that are new on the market. We also provide you with accessories to go with your wireless products. We hold a '' A " rating with the BBB.
 9th of Jan, 2012 by   chatito 0 Votes
I agree with all the complain that Square gets.
They hold our money for over 30 days, I could not find a way to email them every time I tried I always got the same response. Mail not process yet, we had to borrow money to pay our suppliers and our employees due to Square holding our money for 30 day. What a horrible company the Feds should get involve with a company like this and put them out of business. They are scumming people with their money.
Be aware of them, I would not recommend anyone to do business with them.

MAC
 25th of Jan, 2012 by   jmcast 0 Votes
It's crazy to hear all the chaos that Square has created with these merchants! I must say, it's definitely not the first time I have heard this. For those of you who still need a mobile payment processing app, I have a much better solution for you... PhoneSwipe! It's seriously 100 times better than Square. Square has a beautiful app, but that's pretty much it. There is an awesome blog article on the www.moblized.com website regarding Square vs. PhoneSwipe. You might want to check it out =) http://www.moblized.com/blogs/blog/phoneswipe-compare-square

In a nutshell, PhoneSwipe has a more durable card reader, a great app, 24/7 LIVE customer service, the rates are comparable, the sales agents at Moblized are honest and friendly, and your funds won't be held like they were with Squares. In my opinion, it's worth it to do some research and see if it's a better option for you.
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   Ross Johnson 0 Votes
If you want to get your money and send a message complain to Starbucks who recently became a square user. Email, call and write how disappointed you are about your experience and how disappointed you are that Starbucks has chosen to use a bad organization like this.
 18th of Jan, 2013 by   pell 0 Votes
i to had problems with them they are holding 975.00 of my money for 90 days and will not answer my e mails or any questions on the phone they suck for custmer service if i ran my business this way i would be out of busniess they are a scam stay way
 24th of Oct, 2014 by   THE SHERM 0 Votes
Anyone wishing to get involved with class action against SQUARE please E-mail me at Aceon77@aol.com. I will give you MY personal contact information and we can get the ball rolling on this. Already have several people. NEVER mind what it says in "their" user agreement. They currently hold $6, 000 of MY $. THEY ARE RUINING SMALL BUSINESSES and I seems that complaints are NOT being addressed by government agencies or State attorney generals. I guess WE have to help ourselves. EVEN IF IT TAKES YEARS! Ask yourself this...WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE??? SAVE ALL YOUR INFO AS IT IS A "PATTERN" I AM A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER IN MA. YOU CAN LOOK ME UP AFTER WE TALK AND I TELL YOU WHO I AM. TS

Top 10 Consumer Complaints