Spirit Incentives

Scam

Spirit Incentives
National Harbor, Maryland
Mystpage.com
Like everyone else I sat through a 3 hour presentation to receive a "free" 7 night stay in a hotel & another voucher for a free 2 night stay. I mailed in the $100 & $50 money orders after registering my certificates, picked locations & dates & was told I'd be contacted 45 days before my 1st travel selection. This never happened. I called 40 days before my travel dates & held for 2 hours before someone picked up & told me my destination selection (Hawaii) was no longer available. I still haven't received my refund or a response from the other voucher I registered. I think this is a scam. I'm sure I won't be given any "free" hotel stays & at this point I've worked & paid for these hotel stays anyway so they got me. Never again!:(
Complaint comments Comments (15) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

Comments

22nd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
Let me tell you my story. I received the certificate after attending a vacation plan meeting (supposed to be 60min and took almost 4hrs). This was in October 2006. The certificate is for a 4 days and 3 nights accommodations at a Ramada or Holiday Inn hotel in Orlando Florida, plus 2 adult passes to Medieval Times; Universal Studios or $450 Bonus (your choice). I activated the certificate and sent the $50.00 “good faith deposit” (more like a stupid payment you won’t see in a loooooooong time) via certified mail with return receipt on 11/06/2006. They’re really smart because they don’t sign the return receipt they just punch it (11/09/06). So I received another letter 11/20/06 asking for the traveling dates. Selected the traveling dates and sent it back to them. Then received another letter telling me that the dates weren’t in chronological order (a lot of bs to let time pass by). Sent them back the dates in chronological order 12/26/06. I received another letter asking me if I wanted to continue with the second and third travel dates since the FIRST one is NEVER AVAILABLE (but when you call the hotels they have plenty of rooms available). Marked yes and sent it back 01/26/07. Then I received yet another letter telling me that the SECOND DATE wasn’t available so I marked yes on the third date and sent it back 03/02/07. Didn’t received any other letter until 8/27/07 (date on the letter but it was received on 9/12/07) telling me that they were in the final booking stages of my “promotional travel” and to send a payment of $29.25 for the taxes and fees. I sent the payment on 09/16/07.

I have been calling this people since the first letter overall I have called them more than 47 times in a 10 month period. My third and last travel date is 10/24/07 (yes this next Wednesday) and I haven’t received any letter or call to confirm my reservation. I’m waiting until 9am to call them very very very MAD. Last time I called they told me that the processing department had my documents and should contact me soon (this was 10/18/07). They cashed the check for the taxes and fees two weeks ago. LET’S SEE WHAT’S THEIR EXCUSE NOW. I wILL kEEP yOU pOSTED.

If I don't get what I was promised I'm going to the Better Business Bureau, The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and DACO (Departamento de Asuntos al Consumidor) Consumer Affairs Department in Puerto Rico were they gave me the stupid voucher.
 14th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Definitely a scam. (FYI, I'm not a rookie to travel/timeshare promotions.) Received the promotion. Registered my destination and 3 dates of choice. (This used up 2 of the 12 months time allotment so far.) When attempting to make the final booking (this used up 150+ minutes of cell phone time because they keep you on hold hoping you'll give up) there was no availability for flight out of my city, the next city, or even my state. Even from NYC. They would not budge on date changes; they kept pushing me to change my destination to Orlando. Wanting the Reno destination that I chose, I kept reaching for cities they "had available" for flight. Chicago was the closest city. The flights were 2 layovers there, 2 layovers back. Being advised that "the trip is now in the system" and I can not change the itinerary now, either I take it or forfeit. Forfeiting with Spirit Incentives and getting the registration refund is by far the best option. How they keep their license must be a very fine line.
 30th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I applied for and received a Bank America /Working Assets credit card with a free "companion ticket", redeemable through Spirit Incentives Inc. Ft Lauderdale. When we tried to redeem, they told us the ticket had to be $300.00 or more. The next time we tried to redeem a more expensive trip they told us it had to be $369.00 or more. We called Bank America to complain, ( one hour trying to reach a person, lots of time spent on hold) and they connected us with David from Spirit Incentives Inc. We told him there was no notice of a cash ceiling written on our companion certificate. He said to fax him the certificate and he would "take care of it". When we followed up, David would not come to the phone and said he did not receive our fax. His cell phone number left on our caller ID is 212 414 0966.
This is a scam company that cannot be trusted. We have cancelled our credit card and plan to notify Bank America and Working Assets that this company is fraudulent.
 12th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Did you ever report them?? I am so frustrated with them that I don't even care about the vacation anymore. I just want them out of business!
 13th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
WELL I GOT MY TRAVEL DONE. THEY changes the dates to November 2007 after long telephone calls and several hours on hold. They also sent the 2 adult tickets for universal studios. I got a great vacation, but not at the time that I wanted and at the expense of haveing an ulcer dealing with this people.
 6th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
MY FAMITY AND ME HAS TICKTES TO FLY TO CARTAGENA COLOMBIA ON JUNE /08/2008 FROM FORT LAUDERDALE MY FRIEND AND HIS HOUSBAND HAS TO CANCEL THE FLY THAT DAY BECOUSE HER SISTER PAST AWAY . THIS DAY WE CANCEL THE RESERVATION AND WAS RESHEDULE TO FLY ON JULY 6/2008 WITH NEW RESERVATION NUMBER PD9RYH THE OLD RESERVATION WAS LLPZKG MY WIFE FLY AND MY FAMILY STAY . 2 WEEK DEFORE THE TRY TO PULL THE RESERVATION FROM THE COMPUTER AND THIS RESERVATION WAS CANCEL AND THE SPIRIT STOLE THE MONEY . I HAS BEEN CALLED TO THE COMPANY AND NOBADY HELPING ME THE TOTAL AMAUNT THE TICKET WAS 789.90 MY WIFE USED HER TICKET FOR 298.30 AND THE AMOUNT FOR MY FAMILY WAS 491.60 DLS I AND GOING TO OPEND A CASE IN THE BETTER BUSINESS BURREO DPTO BECOUSE THEY STOLEN MY MONEY THNK TOU MARIO DULZAIDES
 19th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
WE had similar experience at LIKI-TIKI.Thank you for this imformation.SPIRIT INCENTIVES gave us a cruise coupon and gas couopon.You saved us over 200.00$. We will be calling the better buisness bureau.THANK YOU
 20th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
"Please Beware" of Spirit Incentive!!! Don't waste your time and energy. Cut your loss and plan your own vacation. My story is to long and aggravating to go into.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I toured a vacation condo in Hilton Head Island, SC. They paid for our hotel for 3 nights and we had a fee basically except for meals mini-vacation to do this. We were promised a 5-night carribean cruise for 2 for only the cost of the taxes and fees which was written on the form for 199.00 each. We came home and mailed in the form and our $100.00 which was to be deducted from our cruise total. Once that was recieved from Spirit Incentives we received a nother email to pick our 3 dates. We picked Feb.13, May 5, and June 5. We were told we would be notified by email 45 days prior to the first picked cruise date. I made copies of all correspondence made with them including my 100.00 deposit I sent to them. I followed up with them and they told me if you do this correctly it does work and that I had done everything perfectly. We were told in that phone call that we would get probably get an email around the 1st of January. Well, to my suprise yesterday we recieved the email telling us they were ready for us to continue in the process of the next step which was booking our travel. We had to call this number and wait on hold for a bit. It was about 30 minutes into being on hold that I got through. She said that they had sent out 1, 100 emails offering the next step in the process and that she had accidently gotten cut off from the lady she was speaking too and my call was next and I got through!! Lucky me! Well, she continued to tell me that I had to be prepared to pay for the cruise and accept whatever date she had for me if she had anything available. She said if she didn't have my dates that I picked that she would look for dates available up until my expiration date! I was impressed!! I was very pleased with how nice and helpful the represenative was! There were not any of the dates available that I had picked, however the next week was available on February 20!! She figured out my total and I only had to pay her $238.72 and she took my information ( names, address, phone number, etc. ) then I paid for the cruise and she gave me a confirmation number! She then told me that my room was gauranteed (lower level) but there wasn't any lower level available they would upgrade us for free! It could even be a suite, if nothing else was available! She told me that I would recieve an email with the confirmation number in it confirming our reservation and then in 72 hours I would recieve another email from them with the cruise documents for us to download to print out! We are cruising to Key West, Fl and Cozumel, Mexico on Feb.20 - Feb 25 for 5 nights!! I thanked her and checked my email and there was the first email as promised! I decided to go on the Royal Carribean website and entered in my confirmation number and our information came up! There we were in print!! People --- IT IS NOT A SCAM!! Yes, we paid only 238.72 plus the 100.00 deposit so total was 338.72 for a 5 night cruise!! That's only $169.00 a person and that is the taxes and fees for a normal cruise !! I've been on 2 prior to this so I know what the taxes and fees are supposed to be! It's not a scam! You just have to follow the instructions to make it work! There was not a booking fee either!!

NOT A SCAM!! Spirit Incentives has done everything they have promised me!
 24th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
This is a scam. My complaint is the same as many others have stated. Paid $100.00 booking fee, then none of the dates or destinations were available. Refused to refund booking fee. I now have 62 days before my certificate expires and Spirit Incentives said that it's too late, I needed to book 45 days out and they have another 45 days to confirm my reservations; so this is a scam. In other words they added another 45 days to the time stated on my certificate.

I will be writing the state attorney general regarding this scam.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I hope all of you that have money complaints are filing complaints with the Attoney General with your State & the BBB. I'm glad I am doing my research before sending this in.
 11th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
This is a scam. I tried to book a trip 45 days in advance, their letter says it must be at least 30 days, they said that there are no available dates anywhere! I did not get to tell them where I even wanted to go! They claim on the phone that you must give them 3 dates of choice, but their letter does not say so. They are a loser, bogus company.
 15th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
We take customer service very seriously from the million customers we service yearly. Spirit Incentives fulfills travel for all our customers that follow the Terms of Participation outlined on the back of the certificate. Customers who have followed the Terms of Participation are not declined travel. Please make sure you have reviewed the terms and conditions provided on your offer. Please send us your contact information to onlinerep@spirit-incentives.com and we will have a customer service agent reach out to you to see if your issue can get resolved. Thank you and we look forward hearing from you.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
your reply is a load of crap... you do not take customer service very seriously because if you did you will have a live person picking up the calls... Your company list a contact number of 954-525-1777 on your website mystpage.com, but when you call that number, your representative advised that in order to make a reservation number to call is 954-315-8712, but guessed what? After dialing that second number, it sounds like the same representative that I spoke to earlier. You claim you sent me that number in an earlier email to reserved my spot, I found that email, but that number was not evern listed in that email, so i visited the website and long and beholds it's the 954-525-1777 that is listed... customers who followed the terms and conditions are screwed over... I know I am not the last person to report this to BBB, but I would be the first to report it to the FEDS...Why not just be honest with customers in the begining instead of playing this games and have them send in their money with a false promise of having a vacation... your representative should be ashamed of themselves!!!
 27th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
We sincerely apologize for any issues you had with our company. All of Spirit Incentives’ customers acknowledge and agree to follow the four steps of the Terms of Participation prior to registration. The Terms of Participation outline the fees that all customers are responsible for and clearly states that the offer is not a “free trip”. It also informs customers that they are responsible for upgrades fees if there are any upgrades requested. If you would like to review your reservation with us, please send us your contact information to onlinerep@spirit-incentives.com and we will have a customer service agent contact you. Spirit Incentives' core is integrity and value and with that we care about our customers so we clearly outline and personally state the steps to redeem our travel promotions.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree