logo

AMI Energy Solutions
Fraud/Scam
4. (46 mins ago)
Walden University
cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on!
5. (53 mins ago)

Scam

Spirit Incentives
National Harbor, Maryland
Mystpage.com
Like everyone else I sat through a 3 hour presentation to receive a "free" 7 night stay in a hotel & another voucher for a free 2 night stay. I mailed in the $100 & $50 money orders after registering my certificates, picked locations & dates & was told I'd be contacted 45 days before my 1st travel selection. This never happened. I called 40 days before my travel dates & held for 2 hours before someone picked up & told me my destination selection (Hawaii) was no longer available. I still haven't received my refund or a response from the other voucher I registered. I think this is a scam. I'm sure I won't be given any "free" hotel stays & at this point I've worked & paid for these hotel stays anyway so they got me. Never again!:(
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Oct, 2007 by   N.Q. 0 Votes
Let me tell you my story. I received the certificate after attending a vacation plan meeting (supposed to be 60min and took almost 4hrs). This was in October 2006. The certificate is for a 4 days and 3 nights accommodations at a Ramada or Holiday Inn hotel in Orlando Florida, plus 2 adult passes to Medieval Times; Universal Studios or $450 Bonus (your choice). I activated the certificate and sent the $50.00 “good faith deposit” (more like a stupid payment you won’t see in a loooooooong time) via certified mail with return receipt on 11/06/2006. They’re really smart because they don’t sign the return receipt they just punch it (11/09/06). So I received another letter 11/20/06 asking for the traveling dates. Selected the traveling dates and sent it back to them. Then received another letter telling me that the dates weren’t in chronological order (a lot of bs to let time pass by). Sent them back the dates in chronological order 12/26/06. I received another letter asking me if I wanted to continue with the second and third travel dates since the FIRST one is NEVER AVAILABLE (but when you call the hotels they have plenty of rooms available). Marked yes and sent it back 01/26/07. Then I received yet another letter telling me that the SECOND DATE wasn’t available so I marked yes on the third date and sent it back 03/02/07. Didn’t received any other letter until 8/27/07 (date on the letter but it was received on 9/12/07) telling me that they were in the final booking stages of my “promotional travel” and to send a payment of $29.25 for the taxes and fees. I sent the payment on 09/16/07.

I have been calling this people since the first letter overall I have called them more than 47 times in a 10 month period. My third and last travel date is 10/24/07 (yes this next Wednesday) and I haven’t received any letter or call to confirm my reservation. I’m waiting until 9am to call them very very very MAD. Last time I called they told me that the processing department had my documents and should contact me soon (this was 10/18/07). They cashed the check for the taxes and fees two weeks ago. LET’S SEE WHAT’S THEIR EXCUSE NOW. I wILL kEEP yOU pOSTED.

If I don't get what I was promised I'm going to the Better Business Bureau, The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and DACO (Departamento de Asuntos al Consumidor) Consumer Affairs Department in Puerto Rico were they gave me the stupid voucher.
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   steve mosley 0 Votes
Definitely a scam. (FYI, I'm not a rookie to travel/timeshare promotions.) Received the promotion. Registered my destination and 3 dates of choice. (This used up 2 of the 12 months time allotment so far.) When attempting to make the final booking (this used up 150+ minutes of cell phone time because they keep you on hold hoping you'll give up) there was no availability for flight out of my city, the next city, or even my state. Even from NYC. They would not budge on date changes; they kept pushing me to change my destination to Orlando. Wanting the Reno destination that I chose, I kept reaching for cities they "had available" for flight. Chicago was the closest city. The flights were 2 layovers there, 2 layovers back. Being advised that "the trip is now in the system" and I can not change the itinerary now, either I take it or forfeit. Forfeiting with Spirit Incentives and getting the registration refund is by far the best option. How they keep their license must be a very fine line.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   Sonshine 0 Votes
This is a scam. My complaint is the same as many others have stated. Paid $100.00 booking fee, then none of the dates or destinations were available. Refused to refund booking fee. I now have 62 days before my certificate expires and Spirit Incentives said that it's too late, I needed to book 45 days out and they have another 45 days to confirm my reservations; so this is a scam. In other words they added another 45 days to the time stated on my certificate.

I will be writing the state attorney general regarding this scam.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   mary85383 0 Votes
I hope all of you that have money complaints are filing complaints with the Attoney General with your State & the BBB. I'm glad I am doing my research before sending this in.
 11th of May, 2012 by   ksteve1 0 Votes
This is a scam. I tried to book a trip 45 days in advance, their letter says it must be at least 30 days, they said that there are no available dates anywhere! I did not get to tell them where I even wanted to go! They claim on the phone that you must give them 3 dates of choice, but their letter does not say so. They are a loser, bogus company.
 15th of May, 2012 by   Spirit Incentives 0 Votes
We take customer service very seriously from the million customers we service yearly. Spirit Incentives fulfills travel for all our customers that follow the Terms of Participation outlined on the back of the certificate. Customers who have followed the Terms of Participation are not declined travel. Please make sure you have reviewed the terms and conditions provided on your offer. Please send us your contact information to onlinerep@spirit-incentives.com and we will have a customer service agent reach out to you to see if your issue can get resolved. Thank you and we look forward hearing from you.
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   Spirit Incentives 0 Votes
We sincerely apologize for any issues you had with our company. All of Spirit Incentives’ customers acknowledge and agree to follow the four steps of the Terms of Participation prior to registration. The Terms of Participation outline the fees that all customers are responsible for and clearly states that the offer is not a “free trip”. It also informs customers that they are responsible for upgrades fees if there are any upgrades requested. If you would like to review your reservation with us, please send us your contact information to onlinerep@spirit-incentives.com and we will have a customer service agent contact you. Spirit Incentives' core is integrity and value and with that we care about our customers so we clearly outline and personally state the steps to redeem our travel promotions.

Top 5 Consumer Complaints