Speed Post India

Poor service!

I am a resident of Bangalore, India. I tried to send one speed post from Electronics City Bangalore post office to Shaktinagar, Sonbhadra Pin 231222 post office. but the operator at electronics city post office told me that speed post service to Shaktinagar, Sonbhadra is not available. His system is not showing this. But the fact is its available. I have sent speed post to this location many times from different cities. It is not just one incident, i have encountered this problem many times when i tried to send speed post to different locations.

Complaint comments Comments (53) Complaint country India Complaint category Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful?

8th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I sent a speed post from chennai to mumbai on 1st september but it has not reached the destination till 8th september. Is this speed post. When I contacted the branch ie. villivakkam they gave me a help desk number. When I called to that number nobody picked up my call. It was a very important document. It is very disgusting. Shame on India post.
 15th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
My parents sent my passport by speed post on 10th sep 2007. but till today i didn't receive the same. If I track the No it show that the article was reached to Vikhroli, Mumbai on 12th but it was not delivered till today. Please don't use speed post for your mailing as it shows the Indian govt strategy.
 15th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
This Is Dipesh Majumdar sent one envelope through speed post from post office Rayya ( 143112 ) in Amritsar District, Punjab addressed to Mrs. Manjula Majumdar, 41 A South Eastern Railway Employees Housing Co Operative , Kamdohari , P. O - GARIA , KOLKATA - 700 084 on 07 September 2007. The speed post receipt no given to me is SPEE780317690 In. But till date it has not been delivered in my Kolkata residence.

Please enquire into the matter and arrange for early delivery in Kolkata with a intimation to me at my E Mail ID mentioned above.

Thanking you,

Dipesh Majumdar
House No. 584 ( D - II ), Housefed Complex
New Amritsar
Amritsar - 143 010
 15th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had sent my CAT 2007 application on 29 Aug 07 to IIM, Indore by speed post from Gurgaon. (SPEH064050662IN).
Today on checking I learnt that my CAT application has been sent to Speed Post Centre, Lucknow (Serial No 77/108 dated 30 Aug 07).
Now there is no further trace.
Can someone out there suggest some remedy/ legal action/ will I be permitted to appear for the exam ???
 19th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I think they may have delivered it to someone in the family.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

I am really disappointed with the indian speed post service.I basically dont understand why its named so.I had send my applications for admissions in USA through speed post and it literally took a month to cross the seas and reach the united states.People tend to use this service coz of emergency and if they deliver it in only 30-40 days,why on earth do u name it speed post.Should you call it Snail post?
I request the authority to do something about it.

thanking you

25th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
there is a speed post (SP-EUS 94968072 IN)sent on 13 sept07 @13:41 weight 36 gm from R.P.RAM, Gola Saranath,varanasi Dispatched from GPO Varanasi cantt to pankaj yadav JNCASR, Jakkur, bangalore, but not delivered yet,26 sept07.
It was urgent having documents.It takes maximum 6 days insteed of this it is already 13 days and god knows about my letter.
i am very disappointed with this service.If it will be remain in future, nobody believe on this servise.
 3rd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
this side priyank parekh from calcutta ... i read news about Speed post delivering post to it;s destination quickly without any hassels , but all in vain .. i posted my documents through Speed Post on 22.09.2007 to SHARJAH and paid a hefty amount but till date thet document has not reached the destination and i have suffered a huge loss just for this .. If myself is tracking the number it shows Delivery information is not available. PATHETICS SERVICE ....

Please ladies and gentlemen do not use INDIA SPEED POST
 4th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Speed Post - India - Poor service!
United Kingdom

I had a bitter experience with Indiaspeedpost service. I ordered an item from Hongkong and they delivered to indian speedpost service. When i checked with the indiaspeedpost website i found no records. When i try to telephone their office i found the strange and surprising all fake numbers provided in their website. I couldn't get any correct number from their site. At last, i managed to call their Delhi branch office to track the details, it was my surprise that no one care customer's graveness. Someone picked the phone and told its lunch time and cut the phone. I was calling an International call and i told him i am calling from England. I tried after sometime as well, but no luck, our speedpost officers take the phone and put it back in the asshole and letting others go to hell. After all, i been waiting for the parcel for 25 days and till no information. Pity on India's speedpost service. India is growing in the world rapidly and still, its make surprise and hate the system and bloody irresponsible behavior of the concerned department. My strong suggestion is "NEVER USE INDIASPEEDPOST" at any cost.
hi sir
my PF cheque Rs.50000/- pf office despatch date is 20/09/2007
speed post no:- 2316
cheque .no.114253
my account in the Citi bank
 5th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I registered a complaint in ICICI bank regarding some financial instruments, the replied me back on 1st of Oct 2007, through speed post. The Post was placed at Mumbai on 1st of Oct 2007, and reached Kolkata on 5th Oct 2007, through Air. Can a air trvel take such a long time? then why it i for the post which was urgent?
Ok considering 2nd Oct as national holiday, is the air traffic was also on holiday that very day?

If this is the standard of our service then why we are blaming on private players.
It is established again that the India Post is incompetent of providing any good service.
 5th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I am Nabadwip Ghosh from Basirhat is going for post a speed post at Trichy at basirhat Post office. The counterman of speedpost show the adress of Tamil Nadu Trichy and say iI am not found Trichy in my list. Then i leave pstoffice without post that matter.I come home and show that Trichy is in the list what can I do? Also i paste post stamp on the envelope. I send that mater by Coorior.
 9th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I suppose to receive a shipment from United States. And the status on USPS.com shows that, the shipment was out of customs on August. But, I have not yet received. I personally went to all Hyderabad Head Post offices and enquired. But my surpise, they said that there is no information avaible with them. I called to USPS customer care, they said that the shipment was given to Speed Post in INDIA. But, these fucking guys really waste to serve the people. Even we have to beg for our material. Even though we don't get our material. Please don't use this funcking & irresponsible service. Every week I am going and asking about the status. But response was information not available.
 9th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
Can I know the status of this shipment please? CJ153936825US .
If you guys respond to this mail I will be happy alteast. This is very important to me.
 9th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
In addition I like to add the Speed (Snail) Post was delivered to Howrah RMS/SPC on 6th and there is daily train from Howrah and it takes 30 minutes from Howrah.

Today is 10th of Oct and still my speed post is waiting to meet its owner.
 11th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had booked one international parcel on 28th September from Malkaganj P.O., Delhi-110007 for Suva, Fiji Island vide receipt no.ED231371381IN.

Till 12th October it wasn't delivered there. On checking on the Indiapost site for Movement, it showed on 11.10.07 it has moved from New Delhi to Dehradun ( Event:- Artcile Bagged). Now after almost 15days if this status is known, than what for SPEED PSOT name is used. And rather than going to Dehradun, it should have gone to Airport for flight to FIJI. Can anyone let me know how things works in Indian Post-Speed Post centers. I have lodged a complaint on telephone on 12-10-07, let's see if any report comes to me.
 17th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
I availed a speed post service, a parcel weighing 20 grams and I booked it on 16/10/2007 at 13.40 and was given a assurance it will reach the very next day, when i tried to track the information using the reference number given to me i get the following message. The parcel is not yet delivered till this time.

Is this the way the network updation works or I think there isn't any people who know to work on computers, I think the postal department has got just the type writers and not basic computer literates. I think its the role of a data entry worker to update the information, Probably the postal department can give opportunities to the High School or even primary school guys who could actually do this work.

Please see the message below:

The Delivery Particulars are as follows:

Article Number
Office of Booking Delivery Date and Time
Office of Delivery
. There is no record of this item. If it was booked recently, it may not yet be tracked.
Please try again later.

Date and Time noted above are GMT+5:30

Thank you for using the Speed Post.
 18th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
The acute arrogance and stupidity can be displayed as soon as you enter a speed post center almost anywhere in India, particularly IN Jaipur Rajasthan, GPO foreign speech post parcel service..where it was noted by a friend of mine who went there to do me a favor in sending a parcel to ESTONIA. They dont even know where or what is the EU leave alone ESTONIA. Well opened everything and checked and clumsily stuck the postal wax seal like 5 year olds got the weight done and they gave a tracking receipt, and great news after 10 days so far there is no trace or the parcel or its movement or delivery... up to me, the problem is in the whole set up and easy life that government employees get hooked on too ,,the "dont care attitude", will never go away from such government run departments.. I suppose their failure to deliver in time could be as much as 90% and loss of consignment could mount up the same percentage.. and arrogance of postal employees 100%. Keep it up INDIA post..
 5th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
Hi made a request of india in the city of Bombay R / C Models
Mishqat Enterprise
10 / A, 41 Sofia Zuber Road,
New Nagpada
The seller said that the box sent on November 23!
But do not get the track
Tracking the CP107930768IN
This box this came to brazil

Achieving track I am very grateful

Contact Us