logo

Choice Home Warranty
Non payment for repairs
4. (37 mins ago)
Choice Home Warranty
Fraud, failure to pay, lying
5. (44 mins ago)
Signal Oil & Gas
False representations/payment default

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Spanos Imports, Daytona Beach, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Bad Company Worse Car

Spanos Imports Contacts & Informations

Spanos Imports

Posted: 2011-01-29 by    Tim Randolph

Bad Company Worse Car

Spanos Imports
Daytona Beach, Florida
Spanos Imports in Daytona Beach, Florida sells cars that are of low quality and not not as advertised. If you are thinking of buying a car from them consider my story. We bought a late model Mercedes in October for $26k cash. We also bought a 100k mile exteded warranty with a $100 deductable. The car had systematic failures as soon as it was delivered. We have had over $3000 in repairs done in the first 90 days. We took it to them 5 times for service and they could not fix it. We finally took it to a Mercedes Dealer and got it fixed. We are out of pocket $1050 and Spanos could care less. The owners Vic and Alex are too spineless to even meet with us and their puppet, Jeff Jordan is incompetant.

Buyer beware with Spanos Imports!
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Jan, 2011 by   golf king 0 Votes
I 've bought 3 cars from Spanos Motors in the past 5 years. I have NEVER had a problem. The whole staff was very accomodating to my family and I. I dealt with Alex Spanos personally and have been treated with the utmost respect. My car is serviced there and I am always satisfied with the high standards they set to please their customers. This is a small town and they go out of their way to make sure I am satisfied. I recommend them to all of my friends and family interested in buying a quality vehicle.
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   spanos imports are a joke 0 Votes
I bought a car from Spanos and what a JOKE!!! They do not know how to service the car. After 7 trips the owners would not even speak to us about problems with car. I've sat in their waiting area for hours and never been offered a bottle of water. They are just plain rude and incompetent.
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   spanos imports are a joke 0 Votes
I have friends with very similiar experiences at Spanos. 3 service managers in 3 months. Funny thing is...is not the service managers that are incompetent. Its the owners who are not willing to stand behind their cars!!!
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   Tim Randolph -1 Votes
Wow Alex Spanos worked with you directly! You are very lucky. We couldn't even get him or Vic to meet with us tons of problems. Maybe it is because you live in the "small town". Those of us who live more than an hour away get treated like trash.
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   uhoh! 0 Votes
I know personally that they hire other people to post fake reviews, and they try to create fake internet postings so that the top search result isnt the bad reviews. They create fake websites just to be able to "push" the real reviews down in search results!
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   vet girl 0 Votes
I just purchased my car from Spanos. It was the best experience I ever had at a dealership and I bought a lot of cars in my day. I will go back there for cars for all of my family Very Very trustworthy.
Thanks Spanos
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   citizenofdaytona 0 Votes
went in to purchase a vehicle and felt as though i was not welcomed the staff did not seem to take me serious as a customer i dont know if my gender and age may have been a factor in that (25yr old female) car shopping alone / so after 30 mins of looking at there inventory and getting no help what so ever i was approached by a salesman (i wont mention his name to get him in trouble ) who basically told me the car i was interested was VERY expensive was i sure i could afford it ... i was highly offended i may be young but i am employed with a very well paying job and cash in hand to buy this so called expensive car outright _ oh well there loss
 19th of May, 2013 by   Sally Mcdonald 0 Votes
Spanos Motors sells heavily reconditioned vehicles which are generally garbage. Their online pictures are NOT representative of the poor quality you will actually see. Take a look at their garage areas and you will see the time they spend jury rigging their vehicles. Don't EVER trade your car in also. You are trading a good vehicle in for inferior doctored cars.
Stay far away!!!
 20th of Jun, 2013 by   Cheesehead1973 0 Votes
I bought a Corvette from this place, and it was the worst car ive ever bought (this is my 6th corvette). Two weeks after the purchase the paint started coming off. I wish i would have went somewhere else. Currently the car is in the shop being painted out of my own pocket. I see some of the good reviews, but i dont think ive ever seen a dealer with this many negative reviews on multiple sights. Ive been in the military for 18 years and have purchased vehicles all over the country, and i definately should have researched this dealer first.

Fight Back Against Identity Theft