logo

Intoxalock
Hidden Fees
2. (5 mins ago)
Motorola India
Very poor customer service!
3. (6 mins ago)

Sony India Complaints & Reviews - Defective products and bad customer service

Sony India Contacts & Informations

Sony India

Posted:    Amit Prabhakar

Defective products and bad customer service

I bought a sony hi fi music system MHC GNZ88D in the month of November 2005. After exactly a year, the system DVD stops functioning. When i tried to log a complain, the ph # provided to me were in correct. Even i send a mail to Sony India but there also no response. It is really pathetic that a company like Sony is showing this kind of disregard to customers. I feel like one who has been cheated and then humiliated. I just want to brought it the notice of general public and sony officials (If they really bother to go thru this) that this kind of practice will not lead them to a leadership position. Making jazzy punchlines and mottos are irrelevant unless you really develop the culture to taking care to your customers.
Comments India Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2007 by   Ankur Koyande 0 Votes
I was a great fan of SONY & its products. I purchased "k750i" Till date i find it one of the cute & smart phone. But the joystick is really worse. Sony is charging Rs. 1000/- for the same but they say it will last hardly 3 months.

I also purchased a sporty stereo headphone "MDR-J10" Till date it is costing Rs. 700/- that too from a SONY AUTHORIZED SHOWROOM (in order to protect myself from fake products) & Sony dose not provide any kind of warranty on such product. But still i purchased it as a music lover. & now hardly 3 months have passed the headphone is not functioning properly. Neither it got any physical damage nor the wires tangled any were.

Now i dont know whether it can be repaired without noticeable difference. Now were the hell should I through this junk which costed 700 for just 3 months.

The products cost of SONY is high but now the QUALITY IS REALLY POOR.
 8th of May, 2007 by   Jacob J 0 Votes
Even I had a similar experience with Sony India. The primary reason that anyone goes for a Sony product is because of its so called 'quality'. My Sony TV that I bought in Nov 2006, stopped working in April 2007. So much for the 'quality'. The next thing we would expect the service centre to do is to repair the faulty product at the earliest as its still within the warranty period. But, even after their oft repeated claims of attending the calls within 24-48 hrs, they failed to contact me for 6 days. The service in general has been pathetic. Next time, when I buy some electronic product I will think twice before going for SONY.
 9th of May, 2007 by   Amitkumar Patel 0 Votes
I am using sony vaio laptop. From last one month i am getting problem with my keyboard. There is the problem with b-key. I have given that laptop to my nearest sony support center for more than four times for same problem then also the situation is same. Every time they return back the laptop & within two days problem comes. I have requested to replace the keyboard but they are not replacing the keyboard. Poor service of Sony!
 13th of Jun, 2007 by   Siva 0 Votes
I agree. I used to be a fan of Sony too sometime back. I have 3 year old Sony TV - KV XA25- M80. It stopped 3 weeks back. I lodged a complaint with Sony authorized service center. It took more than a week for them to come to my house and inspect even after repeated calls. He told he has to replace a part which will cost more than Rs.4000. It is really very costly, at least for me. When I inquired one of the private mechanic I learned that the same part actually costs around Rs.650. Sony customer care personal told that it is costly because they have to import every part from some other country. I agreed even to the price they quoted. Till now they have note come and repair it. The mechanic has completely dismantled the inside of the TV so that no one can come and repair. The same thing happened with one of my friends music system. The buying price was somewhere around to Rs.9000. But a small repair done by Sony Authorized service center cost him Rs.3500. The told the same reason - It is costly because they have to import. The lesson I learned is - the maintenance cost of their product is very high and the service is very poor. I will not buy their product in future.
 23rd of Jul, 2007 by   Amit Suthar 0 Votes
We are using Sony Vaio Laptop approx one year model VGN-FJ66GP/W model and its got damaged from LAN cable connection side and for that i need to replace the back side body and struggling a lot to find the authorised services centre and the said spares but yet to succeed since week time and following for Baroda and Ahmedabad, Gujarat badly. I will be very happy if you can furnish me contact information to get it done with spare of Baroda, Ahmedabad, Gujarat region immly.

Amit Suthar, Gala Screening Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Waghodia,Baroda,Gujarat - 23-07-2007 - 3.35 pm
 23rd of Jul, 2007 by   Amit Suthar 0 Votes
We are using Sony Vaio Laptop approx one year model VGN-FJ66GP/W model and its got damaged from LAN cable connection side and for that i need to replace the back side body and struggling a lot to find the authorized services center and the said spares but yet to succeed since week time and following for Baroda and Ahmedabad, Gujarat badly. I will be very happy if you can furnish me contact information to get it done with spare of Baroda, Ahmedabad, Gujarat region immly.

Amit Suthar, Gala Screening Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Waghodia,Baroda,Gujarat - 23-07-2007 - 3.35 pm
 1st of Dec, 2007 by   SHASHWAT SINGHAL 0 Votes
I have complain for my LCD (PROBLEM IN PC INPUT) on around 24 oct 2007 but till now i have no information about it. I am very upset . Tel me what should i do

Pleaseeeeeeeeee?
 9th of Apr, 2008 by   Govind Jinjala 0 Votes
I am using sony cybershot 7.0megapixel digital cammera, there is some on and off problem with this instrument so what shoudl i have to do.

and tell about showroom in Baroda.

Thanks
 9th of May, 2008 by   Shekhar Gupta 0 Votes
Hello Sir
Greetings!!!
I bought my laqptop from Sony World Pune which is located in Aundh around mid of September, 2006 but i think they are fooling around me till now.I paid INR 1, 25, 000/- for the laptop and INR 5, 000/- for extended warranty, but i have not got my warrnty card till now.on the time of purchase, the exective told me to fill the form for extended warranty and he told me that the card will come to ure house and he did not handed me any receipt, when asked for slip, he told me we dont provide any kind of slip.
After three months, when i didnt got anythg, i enquired and i got to know that the concerened exective had left that place.Till, no action has been taken against this as i brought this information to the owner of the Sony world.He told me that, he will fix the problem within few days.but then, I got transfered to Chandugard and i gave him the prior intimation by sending him the mail of changing of address, but still, I havent got any response...I think they are folling around me as I bought the costliest laptop from Sony but now i am going to file a suit in Consumer Court.
My details of the laptop are

Model Name VGN-SZ28GP-C
Service tag no. J001Q3KK
Serial no 28244271-7003262
Bios No. R008IN0
VJN-SZ SERIEKINDLY LOOK INTHIS MATTER ASAP AND THE BILLING IS DONE ON THE NAMEOF SHEKHAR GUPTA..

REGARDS
SHEKHAR GUPTA
TIMES OF INDIA
SCO 82 83
SEC 8A
CHANDIGARH
PUNJAB
 19th of May, 2008 by   Nitya Srivastava 0 Votes
This is with regards to the Sony MP3 Player ( 2 GB) which I purchased in November 2007. The set completely stopped working from 1st week of April 2008, and its been one and a half month I have given it to sony service centre for repair/replacemement . Regretfully, I have to bring in to your notice that response from the service centre is awful and autrocious.

Inspite of calling daily to the concerned persons at service centre, there is no concrete solution with them. They just keep lingering on the matter.

I have asked several times to replace the set because it is under warranty.

I have never seen such a poor service till now anywhere.

I would like you to take a strict action against them and hand over me a brand new MP3 player ASAP.

Details of the service center and MP3 player is mentioned below:

Name & Location of Service Centre : RMS TECHNOLOGIES PVT. LtD., JAYANAGAR, 5TH BLOCK., BANGALORE - INDIA

CONTACT NO. OF SERVICE CENTRE : 080-41301816
: 080-41301817
: 080-41301818

MODEL NO. OF MP3 PLAYER : B105F

CUSTOMER INFORMATION NO : BBR-762

Hope to get positive response from your end soon.
 7th of Jul, 2008 by   Mudit 0 Votes
Recently my (4yr) Sony DSC FL5 D (5 DVD chnger) music system had a minor problem with its DVD tray getting stuck.After repeated calls & 2 weeks a rep came home to inspect & told thatthe system needs to be brought to the service centre. So I took it to the auth service centre(ACE) at Rajouri garden for repairs. First of all this service centre was an eyeopener, a small, filthy place, no airconditioning-elctronic work! Most inefficient staff! workin at snails pace.It took me TWO months & 8000/- Rupees & 100 phone calls & of course all th mental harrassment to get th system back!POOR SEVICE, MOST UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF
 7th of Jul, 2008 by   Mudit 0 Votes
Even the OLD component NOT returned!
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   Niranjan Bapat 0 Votes
I have a SONY camera DSC S-650 Sr. No. 4116097 bought in October 2007.
Few days ago my daughter banged it on the table & Lens mechanism got stuck. I gave it to the authorised service centre. I was told that lens mechanism is damaged & I need to change the complete lens which would cost me more that Rs. 6000. This is close to the cost of new camera. Anyway I am not interested in paying Rs. 6000 for the repair. I am also not interested in buying a new SONY camera anymore since I feel that it is not at all maintainance friendly. I will go with some other make which would go easy on maintainance.
 1st of Aug, 2008 by   vikas 0 Votes
Hi

I bought my sony vaio laptop from USA eight days back, when I received my laptop I got free download of Norton 360 antivirus for two months. But as soon as I got my laptop I was not able to complete my antivirus installment. I spoke to sony customer care in USA and they assure us that they will figure it out, but somehow before that I have to come back to India so now I am wondering like in India to whom I can contact and resolve this problem
Thanks
 5th of Aug, 2008 by   hateideas 0 Votes
Sony is cheating now a days, it is putting incomplete specifications on the website and hiding the limiations. The website is no more useful for selecting a model
www.cony.co.in
Same case with SonyWorld Paud Rd.
 30th of Aug, 2008 by   ANIL KUMAR VARSHNEY 0 Votes
Dear Sir,

I have purchased sony viao laptop Model No- VGN-NR37G,

Laptop Serial No- X1304657

For using Microsoft office 2007- it requires product Key. Kindly provide the product key asap on my mail.
i shall be highly obliged to you.
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   Sanjay Sen 0 Votes
I have purchased MHC888D model from sony world @ BSk in Jan. In Jun-July I have noticed that the sound is breaking while playing. I have informed the service center and they said that they have replaced 3 ICs to solve the problem. After 1 month the problem is again started and I have again sent me set to the service center. After lying there for abt the month they are not being able to find out the problem and given back the set without fixing it up day before yesterday. Yesterday while playing again the same problem occured.

This is really becoming a headache for me. I have purchased Sony with an impression that it has got the best technology and support. I would like to request the higher authority to look into the matter and arrange for a replacement at the earliest or else I would file the case in the consumer forum.

I am looking for a favorable reply and help me out to solve the issue.

Thanks,
Sanjay Sen
 17th of Sep, 2008 by   Sanjay Sen 0 Votes

I am looking for a favorable reply and help me out to solve the issue.

CONTACT NO. OF SERVICE CENTRE : 080-41301816
: 080-41301817
: 080-41301818

MODEL NO. OF Music System: MHC 888D

CUSTOMER INFORMATION NO : 7757

Thanks,
Sanjay Sen
 5th of Oct, 2008 by   Ankit Gupta 0 Votes
I bought a sony laptop on 1 0ct 2008 from a sony laptop dealer "Advance computer shoppee" jail road new delhi .
i paid full payment in cash but after 6hrs of delivery .they called me and told me that one of my Rs 1000 note is faked .i told them to that i will get back to them after cross checking from my end. i called then and told that it is from not my side but then they started threating me that if i dint got the currency note change (which was not mine) they will cancel my warrenty from sony and will launch a complaint in police station saying that a laptop is stollen from there shop.
im shocked to see the attitude of the dealers .

please take action again this and im also filing a complain against the dealer in consumer court .
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   aji mon 0 Votes
hi
iam aji from cochin kerala i will bying new home theat 9000 rupees full damege plz help me my contact # 919847013274

Common Scams to Avoid on Your Next Vacation