logo

Huff N Puff
Corporate Greed
3. (4 mins ago)
Active Advantage
Active advantage trial membership scam
4. (12 mins ago)
Wrinkles R Us Karen Wilson Eatonville Wa
Bad breeder **just changed her kennel name**
5. (24 mins ago)

Somerville School NOIDA

Posted:    ss

Stupid School

Hi Everybody,

Are you looking for your kids nursery admission. Do not go to stupid school like Somerville Noida. The study atmosphere is very bad...only religious feeling...look some good school in NOIDA. Even the beheaviour of the receptionist is very bad.
Comments United Arab Emirates Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Somerville School NOIDA complaints
Somerville School NOIDA - Nursery Admission

Comments

19th of Nov, 2008 by   Akhil -1 Votes
you are kidding i have been a student there and have always felt that it was one of the best schools
 29th of Dec, 2008 by   bhavya -1 Votes
It is not the school which is stupid it is you who is stupid. Before giving any comment plz chek. I am dam sure that you have never been a part of this school, bcoz if dat wud hav hapnd u wouldn't hav given a comment like dis and i request you 2 ask the ppl. who hav been a part of dis school abt somerville. I being a student of this skool proudly say that it is one of the best skolls in noida.
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   heena +1 Votes
it is truely the worst school.in noida
 18th of Mar, 2009 by   heena +1 Votes
its the worst and a fuking schol. i dnt hav wrds tu describe it. its reallyy a shit i hav beenn studyin there since nursery and it was the biiggest mistake ma parents did
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   ankita goswami -1 Votes
who d bloody r u n who r u by d way 2 speak abt somerville like dis its nt dat as i m part of dis school i favour it over other schools but its a' fact' dat somerville is a vvvvvv nice school n one of d best chools in d india n i mean it badly ask dose who have left n gone 2 some other school n are in a state of penchant n r paying for leavin dis school n im sure u must be an alien who is not conversant wid d reputation d school holds or u must have asked some most idiotic persons who either were unable 2 get admission in d school so dey r cribbing or its pple like heena who even afta stayin in d school say somthing so cheap n ridiculous abt d scool u should be bloody ashamed of urself heena!!! im sory 2 say dat its not a mistake ur parents made but its a mistake somerville made by takin u in r school n pple like u spoil d reputation of such a fine n lovely scool n whoeva has ritten dat somerville is stupid i wanna say dat u r stupid 2 post such comments get dat????!!!...
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   ankita goswami -1 Votes
n neways i forgot dat r u lookin for a good school dat will enhance ur childs character or (im sory 2 say dat) a good receptionist whose behavior is good but d school is yew!!! funny reason 2 rate somerville as a stupid school ha! ha! ha!
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   tariq -1 Votes
I would disagree ... though I have never been part of this school ... but i wanted my kid to join it this year on the basis of feedback from many people in Noida.
The only problem I felt was that I (read my kid) was not even called for an interaction and wasn't given any reason for rejecting my application, which I feel happened due to loads of applications pouring in for admissions.
I feel the school could have made it easier by making it online just like Amity did :)
"Ss" must not have got a positive response on his kid's admission hence he is trying to defame the school. He should be aware that a Defamation case could be logded against him... so beware!
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by   Rajesh Singh -1 Votes
I agree with you tariq . I too really trying very hard to get admission in somerville school. I am almost in touch with every source i.e. school, newspaper, noida based websites like www.schooladmissionindia.com, other parents who will apply this year for admission.Last year i missed the form of somerville because i had to go on emergency basis out of noida for 5 days and unfortunately it was the time when somerville forms were out. I read on website schooladmissionindia that first come first served ( can be) one of the reasons for not shortlisting all the applications. Please if anyone knows any other criteria of admission in somerville please share.
 31st of Aug, 2009 by   semwals 0 Votes
well, i've heard very good abt. somerville school, noida. but im disappointed by their attitude or u can say their rule of not providing information on phone. when they can take pain in picking up the phone and when they can say "notice is being put up. you can come and check it out"----- a big sentence, i suppose...They can simply answer the query(e.g, what's the age criteria and if forms r out). If any call is taking longer than their this sentence then of course they can say this sentence!! Its my personal opinion ..no comments abt. the quality of education in the school which i've heard is quite good...but i think PR is something that every institution shud give some importance if not much!!
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   prss -1 Votes
Where at the starting point of entry, ie reception, people are so rude and mannersless, then it certainly raises the question in mind, that when management does not take care of that basic thing, then what they will impart to our childern?? As an individual we know that what ever qualified u are if basic manners are missing, U will fail in every walk of their life. Though I have recvd call from school but I have to think several times before taking a call.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   khatri 0 Votes
i read complete chain...but i don't think there is any doubt about quality of study...bt i am also waiting for first call leter for interaction ...i deposited my form on last day...can anybody advise me whether i should still wait or assume that its rejected
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   rohika -1 Votes
If you talk about rudeness of receptionist than same is true with other schools like DPS G Noida etc...but we cant rate any schools with their admins behaviour...
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   ritu09 0 Votes
I was running around last year for adm of my nieces..I recieved a warm welcome from all the schools whether they were interested in the child or not...But reception at the somerville school is something I wont forget in a hurry. The guards were rude to the core and i dint get anywhere near the reception. The Schools must understand that parents come at their doorstep with many dreams and aspirations for a good edu for their children..and to be treated rudely at the gate itself is totally uncalled for.

I tried calling up also...no response.. the phone would just keep ringing and ringing.
My Nieces are brilliant, mind you..then as one of the parents put it before me ...some silly receptionist in a yakky voice said something i could not understand and slammed the phone down before I could react..Thankfully my nieces did get adm in Ryan where the guards, teachers every1 is really cordial. they smile and spoke from day1.
That was pleasant.. :))

Education is not A, B, C, D..but the love and wisdom with which we deal with people our entire lives...speaking of that ..I also read some rude comments of some students on Somerville on this very page..it only shows that the school has taught them well and that is 'how to be nasty!'
Regards
Ritu
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   Aamish -1 Votes
I've a different experience at Ryan. Although I didn't notice how security garud reacted when I went to Ryan last week for collecting the Nur admission form for 2010-11.

But, Ritu, Do you think that your experience of "rudeness at the gate" tell you everything about school. Security gaurd there are for your kids security, they are not supposed to give a "warm welcome", they have to be rude. There are type people ( or parent) will try to intrude into school premises in school hours which is not at all accepted for children/student security.

Coming to Ryan which you are appreciating as "they smile ". Yes they did when I went on 19-Sept-09, which the was last day for getting admission formfor Nursery. Most people who were there on last day must be aware of, that school issued them "kaccha receipt" for admission form which was embarassing.

But worst came when fight started between the old man issueing "kaccha receipt" and the lady at receiption ditributing form on some silly issue. That was "Big Fight" along with "lost shouting". So, Ritu, as per your view Ryan is also "NO GOOD" school.

My point is that, based on above (bad) experiences one should NOT conclude about how good the school is.

The best way is to ask people and get first hand feedback.

If you'll take effort and ask people for feedback on SOMERVILLE SCHOOL, you will come to know the truth. And the truth is " SOMERVILLE SCHOOL is BEST SCHOOL in NOIDA". And I have seen SOMERVILLE, RYAN and DPSN kids staying in my own apartment complex, and it's clear that SOMERVILLE kids excel over DPSN or RYAN.

I know, Ryan is NO-BAD, but don;t jump to a conclusion before you explore and you must explore right way.
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   Partha77 0 Votes
Most of the people I know have great views of Somerville - excels in academics but not much co-curriculars. At the time of admission rush, it is not possible to maintain your cool in handling 3000-4000 odd parents all howling for a response. You must understand there are only about 250-300 seats and applications are 10 times the no. of seats - all for one reason - Somerville being the best. I have admitted my son to the Gr. Noida branch and found the Principal and Headmistress extremely well-educated and polite. Smooth procedure. Considering Noida to be superior to Gr Noida branch, I am sure they will definitely do a good job. 3 cheers to Somerville.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   ssnrulz -1 Votes
All those who think SSN is a bad school r outta their minds. iTs a FANTABULOUS skool. so keep your STUPID ideas 2 urself
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   AVIYA SINGH -1 Votes
ppl who r sayin ssn is stupid, thn i must tell them they r de most stupid ppl ... i've been studin here since nursury & i've learnt all good things . .. i luv d school, teachers, activities, everything ... ... so guys open ur eyes & ears & thn say something!!!

AVIYA
 3rd of Jan, 2010 by   shuBham XII 0 Votes
I have studied in this school from nursury, this school has given me lot of its valuable time and education but still i feel that this school needs a makeover as there are many thing that should be changed .
First that stiuped receptionist should be thron out who does not listensto any of our quries or does not attend the call of anyone who want to varify any detail.
Second religion should be sidelinded which is kept at the center as only christens festivals are celebrated in the school and christens are only made the principal, vice principal and headmisters.
Third there are some communists and fasists supporters present in school that can create a big fight inguring many .
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   Himaniii 0 Votes
My daughter is studying in Somerville school and I would like to share my experience with you all. The Somerville school is a good school and teaching methods are very effective, plus there are lots of activities going on.

But then her Class Teacher is in habit of slapping children to maintain discipline. As my daughter is a good student, she has escaped so far, but what about the other students. Her class teacher says if mother can hit, so can I. But personally I am not able to digest that attitude. If she slaps my daughter, I will go and complain against het. But then I am afraid that she will be against my daughter and ruin her year. I have been told by other parents that same is true for Hindi teacher too.

My husband wants to change the school, but my daughter wants to stay in this school only as she has many friends there.

About the receptionist, I can say that I have not seen such rude behavior anywhere. Every time I call, she either bangs the phone or avoids the query. I am amazed she still has a job after speaking so harshly. But then maybe she has certain personal problems, and is taking out her anger on the parents.
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   wake-up 0 Votes
Receptionist is the one spoiling the image of the school. There might be some repercussions, that’s why, no action has been taken against her till now.

Slapping students is corporal punishment and is prohibited by law. If school as a policy or some teachers as a toll to discipline kids are still using it, you must file complain with NHRC against the school/teacher.

Jury Duty Scam