logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
rootandroid.com
Rude and negative emails from this company
2. (24 mins ago)
Sears / Craftsman riding lawnmower
Lawn mower will just stop running
3. (39 mins ago)

Posted:    AmyE

Not an Adobe Reseller

Royal Software
Georgia
We purchased Adobe CS5 from SoftBuy. After several attempts to get a reciept, we finally got one (that I could have created in Microsoft Word). I was furnished a serial number. What I found more strange is that in addition to downloading the CS5 file, I also had to download a file called "Adobe Fix". You are supposed to run the Adobe fix file before installing the software. The Adobe Fix file is nothing more than a hackers file trying to break the Adobe CS5 file. Upon a conversation with Adobe, I learned two valuable lessons. 1) SoftBuy is NOT, I repeat NOT, an authorized reseller NOR a certified partner, 2) If the price seems a little low, and you have to fix the file before you install it, go get the real version from the software manufacturer themselves. Don't fall victim to this scam. Luckily we bought this just over a month ago, so we should still be able to dispute the charge on the credit card.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More SoftBuy complaints
SoftBuy - fraud

Comments

11th of Nov, 2010 by   smarter consumer 0 Votes
How did you resolve this as I was duped also.
 20th of Jun, 2011 by   softbuy victem 0 Votes
Softbuy scams! I recently had to replace my hard drive losing all of my software exc. I tried to get my serial numbers from the softbuy website to reinstall, they erased my account and didn't respond to any of my emails. They rob people that cannot afford the full versions of software programs with the art of temptation. Carma will catch up with these crooks and there business will go down!
Please don't waste your hard earned money on softbuy they will rob you!
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by   April M Robinson 0 Votes
I too was taken... bought Microsoft Office Word 2010 (64-bit) for $39.95. I was provided an Invoice number and a Registration Key, along with instructions on how to install... Needless to say, when I went to validate the Key it wouldn't take it. After talking to a Customer Service person at the Microsoft Store... looks like I was S.O.L. and would have to repurchase the program. Do not purchase from SoftBuy, LLC. You will get 'doopt' like the rest of us!! (Actual purchase was made in Oct. 2012)

Consumer Fraud in Health Care