SJR Group

Fradulent developers in Bangalore

SJR Group is the #1 fraudulent builder / developer in Bangalore. They lure customers with the promise of below market rates. All of their current projects are delayed by at least a year. They have refused to pay delay charges. Some of their projects are yet to START even after 1.5 years of launch, and taking customer's money. Stay away from these builders - they are out to fleece the unsuspecting public. Some of their current projects - SJR Equinox, SJR Fortius, SJR Verity, SJR Brooklyn, SJR Park Vista, SJR Spencer, SJR Redwoods, SJR Eastwood, SJR Eternity

Some customer testimonials: http://wikimapia.org/148989/
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country India Complaint category Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful?

9th of Oct, 2007 by    +1 Votes
I agree. It has been almost 3 years now, and I am waiting on SJR to deliver the apartment they promised would be ready more than a year back. I have had to beaat increased rental charges, increased govt. taxes, and there seems to be no end in sight. The management at SJR group changes every 4-5 months, and they always say the same thing - "Forget whatever has happened before, we will do our best.." SJR builder is a cheat. Do not fall into this trap.
 12th of Oct, 2007 by    +1 Votes
Buying an apartment / flat made by SJR Group / SJR builders has been the WORST decision I have ever made. The flat promised to me and the one they are building (for the last 3 years) have LOTS of variances - area is smaller, the construction work is substandard, the customer care is non existent. The construction moves at an extremely slow pace. SJR demanded an additional 7 Lacs from customers citing non existent reasons. They refused to pay the delay penalty as mentioned in the agreement. Some people had to move in into the semi-finished building due to constraints and they are now grappling with no power, no water, water logging and leaks in flats, and above all no one from SJR ever responds to their pleas for fixing these issues.

If you are looking for real estate / property / flat / apartment in Bangalore, stay away from SJR group. They are the biggest cheats in the business
 26th of Nov, 2007 by    +1 Votes
"Live Free" is the SJR slogan - is it quite right as after you have purchased property from them, you will have to pay so many hidden charges that you will end up on the streets - living for free !
 4th of Dec, 2007 by    +1 Votes
It seems that SJR Group has just workn up to the power of the internet. It has stated spreading its spam on sites like http://wikimapia.org/148989/

Using FAKE id like miralawrence5 - requesting deletions of the site and posting fake messages of praise for JSR on other sites.
 5th of Dec, 2007 by    +1 Votes
Have you had a chance to read notification for SJR Verity at http://kspcb.org/ccm_17.3.07.pdf
Look at the 10th point in the PDF document.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by    +1 Votes
Here is what people are saying about SJR Group

9th of May, 2008 by    +2 Votes
SJR is one of the worst builders in Bangalore. If you have money, better throw in the drain, but don't buy an apartment in SJR properties, believe me...it's much less painful. All their projects are delayed by more than a year, quality...don ask, sometimes tiles not available, sometime sand, then labor, wondow...list is endless...if you don keep a watch they will fit broken doors and won't replace. Their employee keep changing, so todya somebody will promise you something, tomorrow he is not there...so nobody is accountable. In my 3 yrs assosiation, 4 project managers already...and each one is bigger idiot than the previous one.

delay charges...forget it...if you have made upfront payment, initially they will promise you to pay interest, then after sometime they will stop paying, saying "we din't ask for it, you paid and we can't pay after *** date". why?? that doesn make any sense. Ok...so then return the money..."no we can't return. it will be with us and final account settlement will be done at the time of possession". So you guys only can judge...

in one of the projects, after completion they told the owners, that they have built more Super Builtup area than planned, so owner;s should pay the difference, which was 1-3 laks per appt depending on their ratio.

They claim that their architect is some bigshot, i say, their design and enginerring suck...
they denied fitting bathtub in bathrooms saying, it might cause leakage.

and thats not all...the list is endless...My suggesstion to all my friends who want to buy their dream house is, please speak to people who have already made this mistake, visit the properties, each project's occupant have yahoo groups, browse and read the messages and then take a decision.

one can actually write a book on "why not to invest in SJR properties". And even after all this you want to invest in SJR properties, then i would say, "you are responsible for your pain and loss !!" :-)
 29th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

We have noticed that there are many posts on your websites that baseless and posted only in the intention of defaming our company name.

These comments have been posted by a person deliberately on many websites in order to defame the company.The person has used certain keywords in his posts and posted the same comment on many websites in order for the complaint to show up on various search engines.This person has also posted comments against SJR Group by using an id called SJR Group(this makes it very clear that the intention is not to complain but clearly to defame the company name.

We will be pressing charges against the person with the cyber crime cell shortly.We request you to co operate with us by removing such non-genuine/unverified complaints and also helping us to track this person spreading false rumours about our company on the internet.

25th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I want to buy a SJR LUXURIA apartment. As of now they are saying we will give you prelaunch offer which is about INR3100/Sq.ft. After reading all these comments, I am scared..
What shall I do??
 1st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hi Avi,
Did u book SJR Luxuria then? Even we r planning to book that apartment. Let me know.
 21st of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
Did any1 buy SJR luxuria?. what price?. We are looking to buy the same.
 14th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

I am also planning to buy a flat in Equinox. But after seeing all these complaints, I am scared and undecided whether to proceed. I find most of these complaints are more than one year old. Any changes in SJR group management towards customer issues/complaints? I will be happy to hear from people who bought recently from SJR, please.

23rd of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I have been interacting with SJR grp for last 4yrs, still havent got possession for my apmt booked at spencer. We have been asking them to buy back from us, still no resolution. We have filed a complaint against them in the cosumer forum but that too is stuck...guess they have stronger political connections...
Interacting with SJR has been a night mare..why dont to go to the spencer project and checkout the construction quality for urself...dont go by model aptmt and other marketing gimmicks.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by    +3 Votes
 21st of Apr, 2009 by    +2 Votes
Nothing has changed with SJR group and nothing will change - I have seen their employees (from project manager to General Manager) come and go - 3/4 times a year. These people are basically cheats and will remain cheats. Stay away - better throw your money down a well - at least you will have peace of mind
 28th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am looking to buy an apartment at SJR Luxuria. Can someone who has already booked there share their experience? I'm very sceptical after reading all these comments about the builder.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by    -1 Votes
They r very good builder.. i m having a flat in SJR-Verity..they delayed project for 6 months.but construction quality is very good..
one of my friend purchased a property in luxuria.. its very good project..
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Another ripoff by SJR GROUP, BEWARE and keep them away.

/URL removed/
 9th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am also looking for buying an apt at Luxuria. The ameneties that they promised look very promising. And cost also looks good.
But the feedback looks negative. Is there anyone else who booked at luxuria whom i can talk to?
 11th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I a also looking to by an apt in luxuria.Can any one who has already booked provide me the details.

Contact Us