Posted:

Bad service

2.5
Silicon Solar
This company has a great product, it's too bad thier service is so bad. I have been lied to from the begining as to when my order would be in. I was going to cancel my order but Todd the sales manager called and I thought everything was straighten out. Justin contacted me and told me my order was complete and was ready to be picked up. I drove to Bainbridge, a 2 hour trip oneway to pickup my order. They substatuded the differential temp controller for one with a very poor instuctions, written in pigeon English. Also the tank sensors were not in stock and would be sent to me. So much for my complete order. I emailed and called and finally was to be sent the sensors, I received the wroung ones. After more emails and phone calls I was promised I would be sent the correct ones. Well now I have 2 pairs of the wroung ones. In the mean time I ordered a differential controller from the Alternative Energy Store and received it in 2 days. I hooked it up and got my system working, with no help from Silcon Solar. I wish someone else handled SunMaxx collectors because I realy believe they are an excelent product. The sun has hardly shown since I finished the installation but even on a cloudy day it still makes hot water. It is a shame that this company is so bad when it comes to customer service. I've gotten more help from thier competition then from them. I wish I had found this site before I ordered from them, I would have avoided them.
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

25th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
We are sorry that you have not been happy with our service, in an effort to reconcile any outstanding complaints against us, we wish for you to supply us with an invoice number and/or any other information for which we can formally identify you in our database. This is an attempt to authenticate you as an actual customer. If you can provide your invoice number or other identification that we could use to find you in our system to the following e-mail address reviews@siliconsolar.com, we will do our best to investigate and possibly compensate you for your negative experience. This will be on a per case basis of which compensation, if any, will be determined based on the history of the account. This is just one of the steps in which we are taking to reconcile complaints. We have taken many other steps such as instituting a new Return Policy that protects both the consumer and us to make the purchasing experience better. We have also created our own complaint/review site which is located at http://www.siliconsolar.com/silicon-solar-customer-satisfaction-guaranteed.php for customers to post negative or positive reviews of which we will constantly respond to. You will also be able to review our complaint vs customer history and see that we actually have a 99.8% customer satisfaction rate.

Sincerely,
Joshua Kenyon
Managing Director
 30th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes

Silicon Solar - Poor Customer Service
Silicon Solar

Same deal as many of the other complaints - slow to ship, difficult to contact, never replies to emails or voice mails. They rarely answer the customer service phone line, but the trick is to call the sales line, they will pick up immediately and the staff iss the same as the customer service line. I talked with Matt and he told me my order was shipping the same day and I would get a tracking number via email - that did not happen. Called back 2 days later and got someone else - same story, will ship today and will send a tracking number - again that did not happen. Found Matt Ferrell's ( COO ) phone number and left a message, and surprise, he actually called me back and gave me a tracking number. Unfortunately they never shipped product with that tracking number. I filed a dispute with PayPal to try to get some action going, but they never responded to PayPal either.
A week later I called the sales number and was per FedEx told product was due to be delivered the same day, even though I was looking at the tracking data which said FedEx had never picked up a package. I called FedEx and confirmed they did not have my package. I escalated my dispute with PayPal and called Matt back to cancel the order. To my surprise, I got a email the next day with a new tracking number which showed they shipped the package that day? The saga goes on...
DO NOT do business with Silicon Solar. I wish I had searched for reviews before placing my order - lesson learned!!!
 2nd of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
I bought a water fountain it didnt work I chatted with someone several times no reply not very helpful I would like to use my fountain but I cant it just wont pump and we have had alot of sun.dont buy from this company they dont backup their product I paided for the product but cannot enjoy it

liz