Shoppers Advantage

Posted:

Scam

Shoppers Advantage
My daughter rented a truck from Budget and got a "free" Travelers Advantage gas card. Months later she got a bill from Shoppers Advantage for monthly service fee of $15.99 per month. It's fairly obvious that Budget and Shoppers Advantage are in this SCAM together. I will never rent from Budget again and neither should you. I wish I could get this message to the President of Budget Rental. I would like him to know that these types of "add on" scams do more harm to his business than good. If I were a stockholder of Budget I would be insisting on the President/CEO resignation as he would let this type of SCAM happen to his customers. It will be U-Haul from now on.
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

Shoppers Advantage - money back

I was surrprised the shoppers adventage send me my money back and cupons for the gas (twice). I thoguth they are fraud, but I was wrong. My experience was very positive.
 20th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes

Shoppers Advantage - Taking money off my card
Amanda Lowe

I am a mother of a 5 year old and they were taking out 20.00 dollars from my card and i am not even a member of their company, limited income and then we get people like this that take advantage of people like us. Here is a question " How are they still in business with this many complaints?"
 20th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
the reason these people dont have a website is because the are affliated with some one else you can read about them at www.affiniongroup.com. TLG Shopper advantage and great fun are the same business.
 24th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I worked there. All this company wants is your credit card so they can charge you until you close your account. Coming from a legal background, I find this company deplorable. DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO ANY TRILEGIANT, GREAT FUN, OR SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE pitches. Pathetic privately held corporation only interested in making money off the backs of those least able to afford it.
 24th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I worked there. Triligiant Corp is an absolute scam in that it WILL NOT cancel. DO NOT EVER GIVE YOUR BANKCARD # to this corporation under the guise of GREAT FUN or SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE. You will have to close it to keep from getting billed. These are sorry, sorry greedy people. Privately help corporation living wealthy at the expense of unsuspectly telemarketers.
 25th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
That is the trut but they did to me and i never subscribed.
 17th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
we should all get together and sue them not only for unathourized use of a credit card and harrassment Ive had all i can stand . Just one question did any of you make a ourchase from the Amazon websites or one of the affiliates that you can click on on that site? thats when my problems started i think someone from the site is selling infomation how else would they have gotten my name phone and credit card number
 10th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Shoppers Advantage - No card received
Welch
West Virginia

Was charged $3.00 ($1.00) for three different offers with one return of a $40.00 card, $100 gas coupons, $25.00 card for 30 day trial. Received the info from all three companies and I telephoned them terminating the enrollment. Never received the $40.00 gift card, the $100 gas coupons nor the $25.00 gift card.
 4th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
Alex
SCAM WARNING !!! These people are LIARS who promise you a $25 gift check, but it never arrives. They will say they mailed it to you, but they didn't. They claimed they mailed me FOUR gift checks, but NONE ever arrived. When I called to complain, they refused to send another. My mail rarely gets lost, so no way would 4 envelopes from the same address ALL get lose in the mail. Liars all - avoid these rats!
 1st of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
I joined promised a $25 gift card and the ability to cancel within the first 14 days( $1 trial)

I wasn't aware they 2 $1 dollar charges on my account. 8 weeks later I receive a packet of info from
this company but no gift card. Looking through the information I didn't find any useful deals. I called to cancel that day.
Because it took so long to receive they already billed my card the first month bill. I was told this would be refunded and my account closed.

I have received 3 more monthly bills and was forced to stop payment from Bank of America.

BoA reviewed the charges and will try and get the last 2 payments back.

This is a small checking account I use and not very often. I do not receive paper statements and rarely sign into my account to see the activity, it doesn't vary much due to very seldom use.

I called Shoppers advantage and spoke with a rep that cancelled my account. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was told the wait could be 13-30 min, I am on hold while I researched found this site and typed this complaint
.51 minutes and counting.This company should be reported to the Attorney General or find a law firm that would bring a class action suit. The number of people that are cheated must be high. Please avoid and don't fall for the $1 trials!

My wife is gloating having told me not to fall for this.55 minutes later still on hold.
 1st of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I agree i called last year to cancel and one year later they send a letter that i have to pay $16.99 monthly because according to them there was no record that i had cancel. For that i have to change my account.
 29th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I tried to call the phone number provided, was on hol for 1 hour and no one answered.
Is there an e-mail address for them??
 29th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
they are a rip off
 30th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Stay away . I had a hard time to cancel it.
 1st of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
A few days after I ordered FlexShot, I got a call from Shoppers Advantage. They told me that a membership to their company would be included with my order and if I decided against it all I would have to do is call the 800# on the back of the literature and cancel the membership. They then wanted to transfer me to another department in order to verify my credit card number. The person wanted me to get the credit card that I used to order the FlexShot product, so that they could verify that they had the correct number. Well, I had just returned from the hospital and I felt pretty crappy and I refused to get up to check the card. The person was pretty disgusted and hung up. Come to find out, they don't have my credit card number...they were trying to get it so they could bill me for the membership. I called FlexShot and Shoppers Advantage & complained.

Contact Us