logo

Shoppers Advantage

Posted:    Jay

Scam

Shoppers Advantage
My daughter rented a truck from Budget and got a "free" Travelers Advantage gas card. Months later she got a bill from Shoppers Advantage for monthly service fee of $15.99 per month. It's fairly obvious that Budget and Shoppers Advantage are in this SCAM together. I will never rent from Budget again and neither should you. I wish I could get this message to the President of Budget Rental. I would like him to know that these types of "add on" scams do more harm to his business than good. If I were a stockholder of Budget I would be insisting on the President/CEO resignation as he would let this type of SCAM happen to his customers. It will be U-Haul from now on.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Apr, 2011 by   Jane Davis 0 Votes
I worked there. Triligiant Corp is an absolute scam in that it WILL NOT cancel. DO NOT EVER GIVE YOUR BANKCARD # to this corporation under the guise of GREAT FUN or SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE. You will have to close it to keep from getting billed. These are sorry, sorry greedy people. Privately help corporation living wealthy at the expense of unsuspectly telemarketers.
 4th of Nov, 2013 by   Alex warning 0 Votes
Alex
SCAM WARNING !!! These people are LIARS who promise you a $25 gift check, but it never arrives. They will say they mailed it to you, but they didn't. They claimed they mailed me FOUR gift checks, but NONE ever arrived. When I called to complain, they refused to send another. My mail rarely gets lost, so no way would 4 envelopes from the same address ALL get lose in the mail. Liars all - avoid these rats!
 1st of Feb, 2014 by   Mjobmi 0 Votes
I joined promised a $25 gift card and the ability to cancel within the first 14 days( $1 trial)

I wasn't aware they 2 $1 dollar charges on my account. 8 weeks later I receive a packet of info from
this company but no gift card. Looking through the information I didn't find any useful deals. I called to cancel that day.
Because it took so long to receive they already billed my card the first month bill. I was told this would be refunded and my account closed.

I have received 3 more monthly bills and was forced to stop payment from Bank of America.

BoA reviewed the charges and will try and get the last 2 payments back.

This is a small checking account I use and not very often. I do not receive paper statements and rarely sign into my account to see the activity, it doesn't vary much due to very seldom use.

I called Shoppers advantage and spoke with a rep that cancelled my account. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and was told the wait could be 13-30 min, I am on hold while I researched found this site and typed this complaint
.51 minutes and counting.This company should be reported to the Attorney General or find a law firm that would bring a class action suit. The number of people that are cheated must be high. Please avoid and don't fall for the $1 trials!

My wife is gloating having told me not to fall for this.55 minutes later still on hold.
 1st of May, 2014 by   bellorinc 0 Votes
I agree i called last year to cancel and one year later they send a letter that i have to pay $16.99 monthly because according to them there was no record that i had cancel. For that i have to change my account.

Nigerian Internet Scammers Disclosure (Part 2)

Latest Groups