Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Payments taken by deception

Shopperdiscountsandrewards.co.uk
United Kingdom
shopperdisc.co.uk
I have today discovered 2 unathorised payments taken from my Bank account in the name of Shopperdisc.co.uk for £10.00 on the 11th of each month, December 2012 and January 2013. I do not know what these payments are for and have not ever made any agreement with the company, Shopperdisc.co.uk. I contacted the Bank who informed me that I must have ticked a box agreeing to the payments. I then recalled that I had ticked a box for discounts information and vouchers to be e-mailed to me, in the style of Groupon, but at no point did it state that I would have to pay some money. Surely if I had to pay some money I would have had to give my bank details and agree to the money being taken. This was not the case. The Bank informed me that they cannot stop the direct debit and so therefore I demand that you stop any further deductions immediately from my bank account, and give me a full refund for the payments taken so far.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
with effect from 09/02/2012 i inform you to no longer take any payment from my account.
 24th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have been paying a monthly charge to a random company for i dont know what????
 6th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
Me too... who are they and how do you stop them if you don't know who to contact????
 8th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes

Shopperdisc.co.uk - taking money from my account
Chorley
England|Lancashire
United Kingdom

this company is taking money from my account, without my permision, and i want to claim all my money back. i am sick of this online scams. i will now go to bank to find out for how long this is happening. i hope i will get an answer. thank you!
 12th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hi my name is Richard Johnson i live in North London. Im writing to complain about shopperdisco keeps taking money from my account i went to my bank to try and stop it but they said that i have to get in contact with shopperdisco and tell u that i want shopperdisco to STOP taking money form my account and i would like to be paid back the amount which shopperdisco has taken from my account and if u do not agree then i will be forced to take further action. My number is 07727196882 can u kindly get back to me please !!
 18th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE TAKEN 20, POUND FROM MY ACOUNT.WHO ARE THEY.?????????????
 30th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
my name is Anna and I too have only just realised that shopperdisc.co.uk have been taking money out of my account as far back as last september 2011 I have yet to check my statement further back. I am furious that they have the cheek to do this and I will be demanding all of the money back
These scam merchants have to be stopped
 8th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
They have taken money from my account. Can I get my money back?
 15th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
my name is john I to have just realised that shopperdisc.co.uk have been taking money from my account since last september I am livid and shall be looking further into this. Any suggetions. This is surely criminal fraud to say the least.
 20th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
Yes same here shopperdisc has been taking £10.00 a month from me and I did not realise and I certainly not have given permission, it's been happening for about 2years, ok I know I am an idiot and should have checked my statement more closely but just did not realise, very angry,
John.
 24th of May, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Yes same here shopperdisc has been taking £10.00 a month from me and I did not realise and I certainly not have given permission, it's been happening for about 6months, ok I know I am an idiot and should have checked my statement more closely but just did not realise, very angry,
mariwan
 29th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
I seem to have had a £10.00 debit from this Shopperdisc.co.uk for the past two months from my Barclays account! I don't know who they are, and what the hell I'm being charged for. This has now been sent onto my banks fraud investigation team. I intend to fully pursue this, and I hope that the police will be involved. I would sugest that any other person who has had these un-authed charges of £10.00 to contact their banks and do the same.
 30th of May, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I too have just realised shopperdisc have been taking £10 a month for a while dont even know what its for did we all purchase something in the past and was unaware this would happen who are they? does anybody know
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I have just found shopperdisc payment on my statement, who are they? I have just purchased some worming product for my chickens of Animed direct, not sure if this has some thing to do with it but there is a charge of £1.22 and on top of that a payment of £10.00 total £11.22, but my animal direct cost was £13.20 so who or what this shopperdisc payment is for i have no idea. will be looking in to this Im not paying them anymore plus will be asking for the money back.
 5th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Hello, My name is Marek, Shopperdisc was taking monthly charges from my account without my permission. This has been happening for more than a year and I want all the money that was taken from me back! I want this to stop as soon as possible!
 11th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
i have had 10.00 taken from my account and dont no what it is for and my bank have reported themto.
 16th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
16th June 2012 AnnRolfe
I have had shopperdisc payments of £10 taken from my account since April 2011 but have now received refund of 3 payments but
I am wanting full refund but not had any luck so far.
 21st of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Hi I have the same problem £10 was take from my account .I wont this stop.
 29th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
i had the same problem with Shopperdisc.co.uk so I called them on a freephone number, 0800 731 9935 or 0800 234 1539.
After a little pre-amble to establish my identity and credit card number I cancelled the whole deal there and then. No Problem.
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
hi everyone
i have the same problem as all of you, shopperdisc tricked me into this membership for 14 months but i did not stop at canceling the £10 debit membership fee, i demanded compensation from my bank for failing to protect me as a customer and i got £10 from them not a huge amount but its better then nothing. then i contacted the company and i give them a very hard time, do not give up if they tell you its your fault make sure you have the angry voice tone which am sure you'd have naturally, but keep calm.
they will tell you they can only refund one month but if you keep the good work and keep pushing them it will soon go up to 3 months then ask for a further refund form which will state at the beginning that you can only claim up to 6 months but if you continue reading it will ask you to tick a section if you want to claim more. they only put people throw all those steps hoping that they will give up, DONT BE THE ONE WHO DOES!!!
I have included the letter i sent them and the form, i hope its in any use for u guys.
good luck

Dear sir/madam

cancel confirmation number : ****************
email address :*********************
Member No. : *****************

I am writing to you regarding a refund for 14 month (£10 per month) of a membership that I have been tricked into.
I am demanding a full refund to be credited to my debit card account within 10 working days of receipt of this letter, otherwise legal action will be taken against you and a recorded conversation of a member of your staff stating that I am entitled to a full refund if I have never used your services will be used against you in court.
Please note I have never used your services or any vouchers or discounts given by you.
Please take into account that I have been refunded 3 payments.

Maha *******