logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Mytriathlon.co.uk
As they had the money they would not respond to countless queries
2. (32 mins ago)
Davison
SCAM - RIP OFF - DON'T BE A VICTIM
3. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
Nissan Murano transfer case
Problems with Transfer case
4. (1 hr 35 mins ago)
montmax.com
Charged me for a FREE watch, with no information.
5. (1 hr 46 mins ago)

Dangerous and unsafe

Shark Company
Phone: (800) 361-4639
sharkcompany.com
I bought this steam iron and I am very unhappy with it. I just called the company and they cannot do anything about it. They are blaming my ironing board. It is unsafe and dangerous. When it is upright, it easily tips over and falls. I have had the iron for 10 months and I am more upset because it fell on the floor when I accidentally hit my ironing board last week. This is the second time it has fallen on the floor while it was heated. I cannot return to the retailer because I have had the iron too long. I know I should have returned the iron from the beginning, but it is now apparent that is unsafe.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2010 by   Anonymous in NY 0 Votes
Yes! Very true it tips over easily!!!
I also bought this iron 3months ago (*December 2009) and it burned out yesterday (*strong electrical/plastic burning scent). I just called and was told if I want to have it repaired - it will take them 4-6wks to fix it, I must insure it for it's retail value, send with proof of purchase and/or with a copy of the owners manual guide because they need the warranty date. Meanwhile, you know this iron was manufactured Jan. 4, 2009 because the digits on the plug say so.

**I have returned items of much more value and have had replacements sent at no cost and within 10 business days.

Shark has a whole new meaning...
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   Andrea Miller 0 Votes
the other day I went to turn on my professional shark steam iron on and it had just stopped working .It was still under warranty...I called the number from the manual...I would have to pay to ship it and I was to put a check in the box for another 9.95 dollars to have it shipped back from repair/ it would take 6 - 8 weeks for them to resend the iron back..
I wouldn't have an iron for that long.
I purchased the iron 6/15/09...from Walmart.and from the start date of purchase the iron tips over very easy off the ironing board...and in a few months the steam stopped working and didn't give off much steam anymore and the push buttons are very hard to push down.. while you iron you accidently hit the off button and have to restart it. The iron automatically shuts off too early, so you have to restart it again, while you are ironing...it is heavy and clumsy to operate...I never liked it much and should have returned it within the 90 days back to walmart...now they wouldn't take it back.
I had to purchase another iron that cost less then the shipping and handling had I sent the shark iron back for repair...I have had a much cheaper iron that I purchased and had worked for several years... and the cost was under 20.00 dollars /// this iron cost me almost 50.00 dollars and I was hoping that it would last me much longer and to my disappointment it only lasted under just a year!!!
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   lzlzlsdid;dl 0 Votes
We bought a Shark iron just over a year ago and it just stopped working. No more Shark irons in this house. Walmart should stand up to this vendor and tell them to either give it a longer warranty and be prepared to fix these things or just make them better. Another reason not to shop at Walmart, they sell junk at lower prices and there is no support when things break earlier than they should. Shark, they must also loan people money the way they operate their iron division.
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by   Ironing girl 0 Votes
Horrible, horrible product. I bought one because it was light weight. I had it, probably 4 months when it simply stopped heating up. So, stupid me, I went back to Kmart and bought the same iron again (light weight) and had it for less than 1 month when, all of a sudden, it started smoking and burning inside. It looks as though the bottom plate is coming off on one side. It was never dropped. I didn't have it long enough for it to sustain any damage ! I was able to unplug it but the burning continued. I was able to get it outside but the entire laundry room was filled with smoke & electrical burning smell. Horrible product. I didn't keep either receipt because my house would be cluttered up if I kept my receipts for inexpensive items like irons. So no recourse. But do not buy one as it could catch on fire when you are not in the room.
 28th of Oct, 2010 by   Iron Guy 0 Votes
We bought the Shark Model GI468C 10 for $100.00 because it was said to be the top of line Steam Iron. What a piece of junk. Whoever designed this iron and its flexible cord system should fired and then whipped with the cord. It falls over shuts off and just recently quit altogether. The connection where the cord goes into the handle is obviously damaged because when you wiggle it the lights go on and off. Shark needs to take a good look at why they ever entered into the Steam iron market, and concentrate on something simple like a vaccuum cleaner. We had to go buy another iron so we selected a T-Fal model for $35.00 ... Yeah, I know another piece of junk from China with limited warranty. When are we going to be able to buy a quality North American product that is built by people who take pride in what they do? My mothers iron is made by Sunbeam and is over thirty years old and still pressing... She's refused to sell it to me.
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   B4realestate 0 Votes
I received a shark steam iron for mother' day as a gift and should not have thrown the box away. Three month's later it just stopped working. The local kmart agreed to exchange it when they noticed it was pratically brand new but they wouldn't leave it in the box which was fine. I have been using the new iron for 2 months, it started making a sound like an electrical shortage while i was using it, then it started to smell of burned rubber or wire, the lights started flashing and water disbursed and it never came on again. The cost of the shark iron is about $60.00. I have purchased irons for $9.00 that lasted a whole lot longer. I do not recommend anyone purchase a shark steam iron.
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   Tom keen 0 Votes
I too bought a Shark model G1468 10 at Walmart, the cord broke where the swival enters the iron. I repaired it, and now the after a week of useage it started smoking internally (not the cord this time) and fails to come on. What a piece of junk, just as everyone else said...I have an old Black and decker that is over 20 years old that still works. This thing only lasted 7 months...I believe their is definetly a fire safety problem. It should be recalled for fire hazard...
 24th of Apr, 2011 by   angry ironer 0 Votes
I also bought a shark ultimate professional iron, and because it said professional, I thought Iwas finally buying a great iron, especially since it cost more than the other brands, I haven't had the iron for 6 months when I plugged it in and it wouldn't heat up at all. How disappointed to not be able to iron, right before having to be at work, had to go to work with a few wrinkles, I would never ever recommend this iron, they are taking people money and not carrying about the guality that they are producing. Such a shame.
 20th of May, 2011 by   Shark Stinks 0 Votes
Consumer BEWARE!!!
I also purchased a Shark Iron Model G1435 11 at Wal Mart in Sep of 2010. Well it did not last long, it broke in May of 2011. Electrical problem I guess, it just burned out internally, smelled like burned rubber. This should be reported as a fire hazard and should be recalled.
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   Steven Mcintosh 0 Votes
I purchased a shark Gi49011 for the second time any turned out with the same results, leaky iron that shuts off to soon that will eventually stop working . oh boy, what a rip off !!!
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   martha alvarez 0 Votes
I agree with the rip off part, this irons and yes I was an idiot since I bout a total of 5 in under 5 years this last one only lasted 11 months. I will never buy another shark of any form since they are junk or maybe refurbished. When you call they will replace or repair but its money up front and you have no iron until they determine what is the problem. I iron every day and can not afford to be with out. I could get a replacement one for the price of a new one out of the store.. Rip offs!! I will do everything in my power to bad mouth shark.
 10th of Jan, 2012 by   Jim1969 0 Votes
Same problem. After 12mo no longer heats, no lights, no work, no good. Done buying Shark China products.
 11th of Feb, 2012 by   sb2jssk4 0 Votes
Wow, after reading all the other complaints about the Shark iron I can see I am not the only one who really dislikes it. It does tip over easily, and my steam button broke so now I can't get any steam to work. I guess it's time to research irons and see what not only works, but who stands behind their product.
 2nd of Mar, 2012 by   rmartin67 0 Votes
My shark iron GI405Z JUST SHORTED OUT fire came out of the handle where the cord goes into the iron. beware!!!
 15th of Mar, 2012 by   johnnyx 0 Votes
Thought I was the only one with Shark iron problem until I got to this site. Got mine for about a year and now it is dead. No power what so ever. No more Shark iron or product in this house!
 2nd of May, 2012 by   Dmwilson26508 0 Votes
I agree this iron is junk. Mine heated up great but now it will turn itself off and it won't come back on. I have to unplug it, wait, and then plug it back in. I can't get one item completel ironed before it turns off. I brought a cheaper iron to get by and it just doesn't get hot enough. My husband wants to buy me one of those really expensive irons that they show on the quilting shows but I just can't see paying almost $200 for an iron. I guess I will just use the one that doesn't get as hot as I like. It at least stays on.
 19th of Jul, 2012 by   Disappointed Christian 0 Votes
I bought this iron about 10 months ago from wal-mart. Can't return it because they won't take it back. This really stinks. I turned it on and when I was ready to iron, I put it on the garment and it burned it. The iron heated up so much that it made the garment crack like I had left the iron on it for a long while. I unplugged it and tried to start it up again, it won't turn on anymore. It is a major hazard and something should be done about it. I will report it to consumer digest to see if anything can be done.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   jubabe296 0 Votes
This iron is a piece of junk! As well as being easily toppled over it is a fire hazard! MIne just shorted out and filled my home with electrical smoke!! I will be buying a new iron but it sure won't be a Shark!! The company needs a recall on this iron before someone's house burns to the ground because of it!!
 12th of Oct, 2012 by   oh_no 0 Votes
My Shark & Professional&; iron crapped out after 3 years of light use. It originally cost about $80. In comparison, my old Black & Decker iron ($15) that I got in freshman year of college still works. I will never by another Shark product again.
 16th of Jan, 2013 by   Cheapshark 0 Votes
I bought one too, it was working good then a few months later stopped, i called the number to get it fixed and was yold the same thing as many here, so yhey offered to replace it since it was still under warranty and they said i would get one of same value, well surprise they sent me the cheapest one they had and it was worst when i wanted to use the steam it poured water thru the top buttons i stoped usimg it since there was a ridk pf getting electrocuted, .

Flagstar Bank Scam Artists Call