The most trusted and popular consumer complaints website
Follow us
Connect With: Connect with Facebook Connect with Yahoo Connect with Google Connect with Twitter Connect with LinkedIn

Share with Others

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Xentel DM
Fraud and scam
2. (12 mins ago)
The seller provided only fake info
3. (21 mins ago)
VIP Readers Service
Contract Scam
4. (28 mins ago)
Impossible to delete my account
5. (34 mins ago)
Stole my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Shafritz and Braten PA, Tallahassee, Florida Complaints & Reviews - False Information on Credit Report

Shafritz and Braten PA Contacts & Informations

Shafritz and Braten PA

Posted: 2012-03-08 by    me50

False Information on Credit Report

Complaint Rating:  100 % with 3 votes
Contact information:
Shafritz and Braten PA
Tallahassee, Florida
United States
This company posts inaccurate information on consumer credit reports thereby damaging the consumer's credit.
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Share with others:  
Was the above complaint useful to you?    


Sort by: Date | Rating
 20th of Sep, 2012 by   Fooledbylawyers 0 Votes
I made a payment arrangement with Shafritz & Braten, PA back in March 2012 of $100 per month on a $3, 696 debt and have been paying on time. Now its September and I've got to hire an attorney because they sent me a letter saying I now owe $14, 300 and never advised me as to what this was for, plus its the wrong amount. I'm going to file fraud and neglect.
 27th of Sep, 2012 by   th!sman 0 Votes
No you don't need to hire a lawyer as yet. You need to educate your good self on your consumer rights under federal laws first, under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA. Hit google on these:-
1-what to do when you are contacted by a collections agency.
2-your rights under federal laws FDCPA and FCRA
3-Validation of debt (VOD), cease and desist (C&D), CMRRR
4-Your state's Statute of Limitations (SOL) on debt.
5-post your questions at debtorboards dot com if things get thick or stopthecollector dot com

You need to create a paper trail. Avoid talking on the phone unless you record the conversations. You may or may not tell them you are doing so for documentation and legal purposes.

Now then write them a CMRRR and request for VOD. They should explain to you how they came up with the $14 grand. Then you will be able to formulate your response - that you have been paying since ... and here's your record. And you have a balance of $... to go. Again post your questions at debtorboards dot com. Remember if it's not in writing it didn't happen. Good luck!

Post your Comment

Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards ComplaintAgree Neutral Disagree
Comment text
Attach photos (optional)


Mechanic Scams

Latest Groups

Today's Mess-Up Photo

RSS Feed
Login close

Forgot your password?