logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Pantothen website
Money has left my account but no product has arrived.
2. (46 mins ago)
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Service Electric Cable TV SECTV.com, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Crappy Customer Service

Service Electric Cable TV SECTV.com Contacts & Informations

Service Electric Cable TV SECTV.com

Posted:    SeriouslAgitatedCustomer

Crappy Customer Service

Service Electric Cable TV
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
sectv.com
I have tried to call their customer service number for months, since Dec 2009 and can never get through. Once in months of trying after hours I got through to an actual person who siad the billing department was closed. I explained to tham that I had been trying for months and if he could have some one call me. That was more than a month ago (today is 2/24/2010). I have still to hear back from them. Its impossible to get through to them if you need to resolve billing issues. Their pricing is not so great and you will have to deal with the lousiest customer service setup ever. I would strongly recommend not doing business with them. Hopefully this advice will help you make a choice...
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Apr, 2010 by   kwaku1331 0 Votes
Completely agree with your complaint. I recently moved into an area that my only choices were sat. TV service or Service Electric. The problems started with the installation, I now have 30 feet of cable just laying in my yard I have to bury because the installer would not run the cable under my house as requested (I live in a brand new mobile home). I have had nothing but issues with the service quality. The internet constantly drops connection, the router is unstable. The TV service constantly has issues, I have recorded video of how the signal just scrambles and gets all jumpy on most of the HD channels and the HD DVR is of the poorest quality I have ever seen. I have called customer service multiple times and they are very rude, and I end up hanging up on them because they just want to transfer you to different departments all the time. One time I was even supposed to have an tech come out to look at my service because the box was not working properly. After telling me it was going to be 4 days until they could send out a tech I unplugged the box for about a half hour plugged it in and it reset itself. I called back a few days later to tell them the tech was no longer needed, just to be told the appointment was never even scheduled. The DVR constantly says it is 100% full when it is actually about 50% full and you have to unplug and plug the box back in, this happens a few times a month. To top it off after my 3 months service at $99 dollars expired my bill jumped to $151 and change a month!!! I came from FIOS which was about $30 a month cheaper after their promotional period expired and the channel line up, internet service and picture quality was FAR SUPERIOR. I have the basic HD package, no premium channels and only a 5 MB internet service (which typically tests at 3.5 MB). I would love to get a group together and approach an attorney about taking on a class action suit to get monies refunded and their fees lowered because of such poor service. I don't know how they justify charging that amount of money for such sub-par service. Anyone that is a service electric customer and feels the same way post a reply here so we can see how many of us there are and maybe get some attention.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   Jtanner92 0 Votes
So get this one...I had one of Service Electric's little motorola cable boxes, but I never used it to watch TV, I only had it hooked up so I could access the Pay Per View channels and order the UFC fights. I used my Tivo as my cable box. Then I upgraded my Tivo, and realized I needed a cablecard to go in the new Tivo. So I called Service Electric and asked for a cable card, went and picked it up, did the install, all was good. A couple days later, I get a a message on my answering machine from a service Electric rep, and she seems irrate. I call them back and ask her what the problem is. She says "We have a big problem, there is a discrepancy on your bill, and this needs to be worked out immediately!!" I was like "mmmkay, whats the problem?" She says "We have you down as you having only 1 TV in your home, but you have one of our cable boxes and one cablecard, that means you have more than 1 TV!!!", I said, "no I dont, I only use the cable box to order the PPV, both things are used on the same TV." she says "Well, you have 2 of our products, something is wrong." Now, why this is a problem is beyond me, because your first cable box is free from them, and I was paying the $2.95 lease a month for the cablecard. She finaly said "Well, you are going to have to give something back if you are still going to claim you only have 1 TV." I said "No problem, I will drop off the cable box tomorrow. I wont be able to pay you guys the extra $45 a month for the Pay Per View UFC fights, but I guess you dont care. I can order them online anyway, they will take my money." And I dropped off the box. Whoever this brainiac was that found this "Discrepancy" just actually cost them money. If FIOS becomes an option here, I would switch in a second.
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   sophieo 0 Votes
Service Electric is the worse. I use to have Blue Ridge and then when I moved into Tamaqua my only choice was Service Electric. You can never get a hold of them after 5 p.m., which makes one have to deal with them during the work day and they are way more expensive for what you get. I am waiting for a technician to come out and one person told me they could not provide me with a time window and my question was, how are you suppose to work. Nothing like taking a whole day off to sit around and wait for them, and hope they show up. I also wish they would upgrade their website and customer service and become more competitive, but why would they have to since they basically have a cable monopoly. Yes, I can get sattelite, but I do not want that. I just wish something would be done about this company.
 1st of Jun, 2014 by   electricity department 0 Votes
sir, sorry to bother you . I am a student and inspite of paying the bill i aint having electricity at night time. In this way i am unable to have continue my study and i am facing lots of problems. So i request to you, please look in to the matter. I hope you'll solve my problem. Thanks for conserning me.

Most Expensive Cities for Car Insurance