logo

Seniorpeoplemeet.com

Posted:    paul paul

total rip off site

seniorpeoplemeet
sadly this website is like all the others. you would think that a site dedicated to older people would be more reliable on all fronts, but alas, no.
to start they charged my credit card more than they were supposed to and i had to use my credit card people to get it back. then i got a virus from the site, thankfully used a email address dedicated to only the site. kept getting scam/phishing emails from AFRICA.
I would recommend that you stay away from them, it is not worth the huge amount of trouble at all.
be safe
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2010 by   Joyceb2642 +1 Votes
I also got ripped off. I cancelled my membership, they took the money out of my checking account, caused me to be overdrawn. They said I had not cancelled and I needed to sign in again. I could not because I had been deleted. Then I got another e-mail from them saying to log-on again, which I did, cancelled again and told them to delete my profile. That worked, but they refuse to return my payment! After about 15 e-mails. There is no telephone to talk to a "real person"! Do not use this site!
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   Lori +1 Votes
Seniorpeoplemeet.com is the biggest rip off site for the mature singles. I thought it would be better as the age range would give me a broader spectrum than the usual. Well, many people on this site are only members, but not paying members, and that simply means that they cant "write you" but only flirt. Also, you can't tell the difference, non paying or paying, if it is an actual message or flirt until its opened. I was thinking I had messages( e-mails) from other members when I finally signed up and here, they were flirts from other states. So...almost 6 months on this site..met one local who was only interested in sex...that was it. I have ask numerous times for my money to be returned or a portion, and they NEVER answer back.

DO NOT WASTE your hard earned money! I have no respect for the owners of this rip off senior site!!
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   Chanter65 0 Votes
This site, like all the others are one big scam. B2, millionairesmeet, etc, they are all the same for scamming people.
I've learned to google now before signing up and giving credit information as it is so hard to get it back/get them to stop taking money.
I' had an issue with a nasty member and all I got back from the company were poorly written and not relevant form letters.
It's all about reeling you in and keeping you money.
And a wealth of opportunities for the scammers from all over the world.

According to a Nigerian spokesperson I talked to, internet scams are the biggest money maker in places like Nigeria. Whole villages are in on the scam and help to defraud the rest of the world.
 28th of Jul, 2010 by   Caligirl50 0 Votes
I think I made a mistake by joining impulsively last week. A profile interested me and I wanted to contact him. After I paid, he mysteriously vanished. Then today, only a few days later, I got a wonder long message at 1pm...tried to reply at 3pm but the man is 'no longer a member".
I smell a SCAM!!!
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   NAN ELLA RAY 0 Votes
YES, THEY TOO OVER 50.00 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT EVEN THOUGH I QUIT TWO MONTHS BEFORE THIS IS FRAUD AND I AM GOING TO THE DA MON TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO OUT OF THE SITE ITSELF IS A SCAM SO ARE ALL THE GUYS. EVERYONE IN BORN IN THE UK MUM DEAD HAS ONE CHILD DYING OF ONE THING OR ANOTHER. NEEDS YOUR ADDRESS TO SEND YOU SOMETHING WONDERFUL. B.S. I AM KIND OF GLAD I'M BROKE I KNOW ONE GAL GOT TOOK FOR OVER 5, 000.00 THE WHOLE THING IS A LOT OF CRAP
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   NAN ELLA RAY 0 Votes
THE ONE ABOVE
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   jaward51 +1 Votes
This is nothing but a scamming site. They also told me to my account was compromised. They told me to reopen but under a different email address. I said no. That all I got was two scamming men. One man try to scam me for 500.00. They second man tried to scam me out of 5, 000.00. I have had it. SeniorPeopleMeeting site is nothing but a scam. They took 94.45 out of my checking account.

Stay away from that site.
 17th of Nov, 2010 by   itsmydime +1 Votes
joined from "free" trial offer...had to pay..they charged more then stated and said there was an additional fee...which isnt on the site! I canceled 24 hours later as they state 3 day refund...now run around that my refund has to be approved by a supervisor
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Luvniterain +1 Votes
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Luvniterain 0 Votes
SENIOR PEOPLE MEET.COM This site is definitely a rip off...I have even gone so far as to request a refund but good luck on that, huh? Just a site for users and players. I joined on impulse and have regretted it ever since. Please don't make the same mistake I did...you could get the same promises this site offers for "free". Spread the word...innocent people are falling for this crap every day and this site's promises are not kept. Post your comments everywhere until someone checks into this scam. Seniorpeoplemeet=garbage. Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish i had used my money elsewhere. Help !!!
 6th of Feb, 2011 by   Charmaine Hughes 0 Votes
I'm a paid customer who for some reason can't access my account soo please explain to me what I'm paying for have tried numereous times to reset username/password but still no satisfaction ...I suppose I won't be able to cancel without a headache as well what should I do next
 6th of Feb, 2011 by   Charmaine Hughes +1 Votes
I Give up please don't charge my account again don't want to be a member any longer
 6th of Feb, 2011 by   Chanter65 +1 Votes
Hey Charmaine... they won't stop - you will have no choice but to canel your card. This dating site is like all the rest... SCAM - I see Match.com is advertising on my TV these days too - imagine the money they are scamming from people too!
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   RichFrench +1 Votes
Ditto! A total ripoff. Most complaints are about the people on the website who are scam artists; however, the biggest scam artist are those behind SeniorPeople. A turkey through and through. Just another penny for your teardrops website. Hey, anyone out there reading this before you let these people scam your credit card -- BEWARE!
 6th of Mar, 2011 by   Destrey +1 Votes
You are all grown men & women & should have control over what you do in life, of which none of you sound that bright. How on earth do you & let others take you for big lump sums of money? How did they know you had that much? You had to tell them something. Don't ever give out your info to anyone online, that is just plan stupid. Where it says: Income, on your profile, Never put the amount you have or make in that space. Also you guys whine about getting ripped off from the Co. Isn't the best thing to do first, is to go with one mo. first, to see if the site will work. It is only $14 dl's & on top of that it rolls over with a automatic $14 charge again nx mo. Then if you don't like the damn site after that first mo. CANCEL prior to the end & you can gracefully leave. Also for the searches, they give you option's to stay just in the limit of where you live. You never have to except someone from another country. If you do, Delete them & send in a complaint. My gosh use your noggin's & quit blaming others for your mistakes. I do agree that some of these site are out to just get money & are phony belony. So don't even start up with them. Go out to a bar or some alley to find someone & quit whinnnnning! Grow Up.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   ZeroTolrnce 0 Votes
SenPeopMeet - SUCKS!

I registered for one monthe using a money order to avoid unauthorized charges from these morons - which, I discovered, are two women from AZ. This site is a division of People Meet, AZ. Curses to everyone who is involved behind the scenes on this site, who knowingly rip people off.

It was a drama fest to use a money order because you have to call their crappy customer service to sign up. They gave me a hard time because I didn't use a cr card . (gee I wonder why)

I'm an attractive woman and was amazed how many 'flirts' I got but only a few emails. 'Flirts' are set up to keep you interested and hopeful, however, I discovered they are not real people. One email I got was full of spelling and grammatical errors (as if an idiot wrote it) and it didn't make much sense. An alarm went off in my head so I kept it in my inbox for future ref.. I noticed a few days later that the user name was different than originally sent...inside job no doubt. These people play all kinds of hurtful games with people for a buck. Not to mention the fake photos and profiles. You'll notice some of the pics are simply close ups of the other in the same profile. It's just a big scam...they should be ashamed of themselves. Stay away from there folks!
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   Chanter65 0 Votes
destery - you honestly think everyone who signed up at these dating sites is stupid and should use their "noggin?" Do you believe the dating sites are not scamming the users who sign up to try their site for one month? You really need to understand what people are saying about these sites and how hard it is to stop these scamming companies from taking money unless you cancel your credit card etc. And you really think you can just call "them there people up at the ole dating site" and they are happy to help you cancel your membership???? Good luck with that. There are 1000s of people that disagree with you. All I (and we) are trying to do is warn people if they do an on line search for a reference from signing up in the first place, because I guarantee you the last thing that is going to happen is everlasting love with your best new lover ever. Maybe one of 1000 are a legitimate business who sign up legitimate members who are actually trying to find a date/husband/wife/lover etc. The other 999 sites are in it to scam people out of money. Whether it is one month free, first month $5, $14... It’s all about getting your money and hopefully for more than what you originally agreed to.
And how do we all know we are getting scammed? How about those new emails/messages that are all obviously written in a foreign language and auto translated to English? And funny how we can get the same email/message but from a different user name? If you call them on it, they say someone hacked into their account... yeah, uh hum... that's if they reply after you rat them out...
And then trying to contact the company - I know for a fact we were never even dealing with someone from this country!
And when contacting the company about a rude, obnoxious member, and you send them all the proof of the obnoxious, rude member, that member is still on and harassing others - I have all my written correspondence with this company - perhaps you'd like to see and read it yourself before telling us to go find someone in an alley or bar.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   Cuke44 +1 Votes
I've been in Senior for at least a year and they gave me a lower month-to-month rate. One day, I was posting a new photo and before my eyes my profile picture changed to a young woman and her profile replaced mine. I thought there was a glitch somehow on their part. I then got e-mails confirming that I had changed my password and e-mail address and asked me to confirm it. After a few times of changing back, and trying to write to them with no response, I deleted my profile and all other pertinent information which had already been hacked by this person, and set up a new username with a different e-mail address so I could access the site and see whet was going on. This hacker was evidently soliciting "business" and the e-mails she was sending out to the members were very suggestive. I reported the hacking to the FBI. When I finally got someone on the phone at Media People Meet after the weekend, they said the site had been compromised and offered me a free week. I said I wanted the same rate after the free week and they said to call as it was expiring. I called them and they said they could not give me the same rate and I told them that it was their fault since they did not provide the security they should have had on the site. I said I only wanted my old rate. They refused. They also increased their month-to-month rate on the site for all members to twice that I was paying.

THIS SITE HAS ALREADY BEEN HACKED AND THEIR ATTITUDE IS REALLY BAD AND, INSTEAD OF TRYING TO KEEP A CUSTOMER, THEY DROVE ME AWAY.
 12th of Jun, 2011 by   honey19572 0 Votes
When are you people going to learn about giving out your credit card info???Get a prepaid card, put $5.00 on it, and then use it. If the site is legit, then just add more funds to the card, if not then let these con artist try to bill the card numerous times!!! It's sooooooooooooo funny reading all the emails from these companies (which are frauds to begin with) saying how they are going to sue you for fraud!!! Also set up another email address. Never give out your primary email!!! Wow I need to teach a class!!!
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   Satisfied user -1 Votes
I disagree with all these negative comments. I belonged to SPM for a year. I never had any trouble with them and met many women. When I went to cancel they offered me a lower rate and I wound up staying at only 4.00 a month and I get a LOT of action out of it. There are definitely a lot of rip off artists out there who will hit ladies up and say they are in love with them and they need money to travel so they can be with them and all that, but these are professional scammers. They are not part of the SPM site. If you are stupid enough to believe that some guy from Africa has the hots for you and you give your personal info to someone and let them have access to your checkbook, well, I mean what kind of moron are you?

Grandparent Scams