logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Strax
Bad surgery almost killed me
2. (24 mins ago)
HotBoy Designs Music Centro Liam Toller Scam
HotBoy Designs Music Centro Liam Toller Fraud
3. (38 mins ago)
Binary Global Group
they do a fraud with people
4. (43 mins ago)

Sears Contacts & Informations

Sears

Posted:    Warranty Zero

Automotive Shock Lifetime Warranty

I purchased some Gabriel automotive shocks with a lifetime warranty from Sears in 2000. I went to replace the shocks due to them being worn out and again, went into our local Sears store to exchange my worn shocks for new using the lifetime warranty that Sears promotes. Little did I know, that a LIFETIME warranty on this particular product has some glitches in it. For one, that particular brand of shock are no longer carried at my local Sears store. 2) In order for me to "utilize" the lifetime warranty...I would have to purchase a different brand of shock AND pay the difference. I guess I am not sure what a LIFETIME warranty is..if I am not able to go back to the original store, with the original receipt.. along with the shocks...and not be able to get a NEW set of shocks using the LIFETIME warranty that Sears promotes. Basically, they provide a LIMITED warranty (unless you are buying Craftsman)...and as the consumer..you have to pay more! This is just another way to gouge the customer...what ever happened to customer service? For example...I purchased brake pads around the same time I purchased these shocks from NAPA auto and I have since replaced the brake pads several times...using their LIFETIME warranty...and I have never had to pay a dime...because they warranty their products and stand behind their word. If you are going to market/promote a warranty on products...then it is the company's responsibility to the American customers, to stand behind that WARRANTY. Otherwise, the "warm, fuzzy feeling" you get once you have agreed to purchasing an item with a "LIFETIME WARRANTY"...if nothing but a salesmans lie. Beware buyer!!!
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Apr, 2010 by   Gas station manager from hell 0 Votes
Like Sears knew they would no longer be carrying them 10 years later! Get over it!
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
Dear Warranty Zero:

We would like to apologize the trouble that you ran into when you tried to replace your shocks under the lifetime warranty. Unfortunately there are some items in our store that we or the vendor choose to discontinue depending on the situation. Here at Sears, we do value you as a customer and would like the chance to look into this for you. My name is Shayne W. and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen names (Warranty Zero) used to post here for reference to the issue.

Shayne W.