logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
2. (15 mins ago)
Publishers Clearing House
PCH CLAIMS THAT I PLACED ORDER WHEN SUBMITTING DAILY ENTRY PRIZEWINNER CONFIRMATION
3. (16 mins ago)
jewelry
He stole my money and gave me junk jewelry
4. (17 mins ago)
Bob Diamond Real Estate
wrongful charges
5. (48 mins ago)
Fstrials.com
Please be careful of these people, they are thieves

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Auto Center, Henrietta, New York Complaints & Reviews - NY State Inspection

Sears Auto Center Contacts & Informations

Sears Auto Center

Posted: 2011-12-28 by    dblteez

NY State Inspection

Sears
Henrietta, New York
After much research on tire prices, I brought my car to Sears in Henrietta NY for an Inspection & front tires.
The date was 12/3/11 at a few min.after 9.
I knew for a fact that I needed front tires in order to pass inspection. Not only had 2 other Garages told me but, the right front strut is broken and the tire is worn on the outer edge almost to the belts!
I was 3 days late getting my car inspected because I am disabled and knowing that I NEEDED tires, had to wait for my check in order to afford them.
After waiting 1 1/2 hours, my friend checked on the progress since I was anxious to begin choosing tires (not one on display had pricing info!) He came back and said "the car is done"!!
When I went up to pay I was to that the car passed inspection!!
I am NOT complaining that I saved $200 that day.
I am very concerned that the inspection was done at all!
According to the receipt the car was done about 25min after we brought it in.
Despite the fact that I left my cell phone number and NEVER left the waiting room area, we were left waiting over 1hr
after the car was done!
I realize that a broken strut does not affect the inspection but you would think that a very visibly broken strut would be brought to my attention!
When I returned home, I noticed on the receipt a web site for a customer service survey. I stated what I wrote here, & filled out my personal info because, it said, if I did I would receive a personal response w/in 48 hours. I don't know what time zone Sears is in but here in NY 48hrs was over 22 days ago!! STILL WAITING!!
I purchased tires elsewhere on the way home.
Was an inspection actually done?
Just how safe is my car?
NEVER NEVER will I use Sears Auto Center again!!
Comments United States Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Dec, 2011 by   dblteez 0 Votes
Why-why-why?...Care to elaborate? Are you calling me & the person I was with a liar?
 28th of Dec, 2011 by   dblteez 0 Votes
Thanks for the reply! That least one really pissed me off! :) Good luck w/ your Complaints complaint!
 28th of Dec, 2011 by   Watching4u -1 Votes
They probably just put the sticker on and never inspected the car. Report them so the State of NY will take away their license.
Watching4u,
That's EXACTLY what I'm thinking! It really burns me that I never got a response to my original complaint even though it is written in black & white that I would.
I never thought of reporting this to NY State. Thanks for the hint!

Can I Afford This House?