logo

Ads vs TV time

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ScoreSense.com Complaints & Reviews - Money taken out of my account without my permission

ScoreSense.com Contacts & Informations

ScoreSense.com

Posted: 2011-01-26 by    akmn

Money taken out of my account without my permission

Scoresense.com
I was scrolling through my bank statement and discovered a charge for $29.95 on December 28, 2010. I had never ordered or authorized any one to take $29.95 or any money from my account.

I have tried to contact scoresense to return my money to no avail. I am tired of these things happening. I have had subscriptions to magazines with money taken from my account despite the fact that I had never ordered any magazines. If you don't check your account, these people get away with it. It's so frustrating.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of May, 2012 by   NO!!! +1 Votes
Agree with them all...just looked at my account and yes $1.00 taken out and then $29.95 taken out...Call number on account and its closed at this time. Brought up web site and wow consumer complaints jump at me and wow wow...wife said she was applying for a job and had to apply for the $1.00 free check as part of a job applications. So with all this said and done how does someone stop this deduction from our accounts.
 27th of May, 2012 by   cory shell +1 Votes
i was scammed from scoresense as well 29.95 a couple of times a month. year 2 date money taken from hard working people is over a billion dollars. dont trust this company do what ever u have to do to get your hard earned money back and that means BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!!!
 27th of May, 2012 by   cory shell +1 Votes
SCORESENSE ARE RIPOFFS GET YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY THEY STOLE FROM ME TOO DONT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!!!
 5th of Jul, 2012 by   Ptue 0 Votes
I have been taken also. Class action suit everyone?? What a horrible company. I had to get a credit score for a job I was applying for. No call back for the job and now I'm short $29.95 from my account. Why is this fraudulent company still in business?
 9th of Jul, 2012 by   pissedthehelloff 0 Votes
This morning this also happened to my boyfriend. He went to check his bank account and noticed $29.95 missing. He then proceeded to tell them off and cancel the membership. They had absolutley no remorse or answers as to why they took money out of the account. thats what i call bad business. He'll be meeting with a lawyer. Maybe after enough complaints or a class action lawsuit, this company will be out of business!!!
 10th of Jul, 2012 by   NATHALINE SMITH 0 Votes
TO OTL SCORESENSE U HAVE TAKKEN MONEY OUT OF MY ACCCONT SENCE APRIL THE AMOUNT OF 29.95, AND I DIDN'T TELL U ALL TO TAKE MY MONEY OUT, I WOULD LIKE FOR U TO PUTALL MY MONEY BACK IN TO MY ACCOUNT.I DIDN'T KNOW U WHERE TAKEN MY MONEY I FOUND OUT YESTERDAY FROM BANK, WHEN I WAS CHECK MY ACCOUNT ABOUT SOMEONE ELES TAKEN MY MONEY. MY EMAILIS nathalinesmith@yahoo.com iI BEEN TRING TO CALL U ALL YESTERDAY AND DIDN'T GET ANY ONE SEND ME A NUMBER WHERE UALL CANBE REACHED.NATHALINE SMITH. U SAY GIVE A ACCOUNT NUMBER WHEN CALLING I DIDN'T KNOW I HAD A ACCOUNT, SEND THAT TO TO SO ICAN GET MY MONEY BACK. THANK U VERY MUCH NATHALINE SMITH
 25th of Jul, 2012 by   T.McEvoy 0 Votes
I thought I was paying only 1.00 until I show my Bank Account Statement that I saw that I overdraw my account. So I call and they lower
my payment to 9.95.
 21st of Sep, 2012 by   Lois Drysdale 0 Votes
scoresence took 29.95 out of my account on 8-14-12 they were not suppose to charge me this caused my account to be overdrawn i want my money back in my account as i am disabled and on a fixed income. if they take any more i will notify the better buisness bureau and also an attorney and start a lawsuit.
 10th of Oct, 2012 by   Jennniffer 0 Votes
When I signed up to check my credit score, nowhere did it say it would charge my credit card $30.95 and $29.95 for the subsequent months. Shady practices, refusal to refund my account for services I didn't use. When I asked if they cared about their reputation, the representative basically shrugged over the phone. Why haven the BBB gotten involved yet?
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   Vincent P.. 0 Votes
I knew I wasnt the only one, but I had no idea how many people they took advantage of, most of these people are struggling, and this is an agency whose soppused to help you with what they are doing to you. I think we should take up a collection, go after them with a law suit and make sure everyone is paid back!
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   T.McEvoy 0 Votes
I try to cancell my account, they won't let me. First they they went from 29.95 to 9.95 and now they had me pay 3.95 amonth. They
keep me a run around. They won't let me cancell my account.
TMcEvoy
 3rd of Nov, 2012 by   Its your dime ,mad as heck in PA 0 Votes
WOW! I Don't know how they get away with this, as I experienced the same thing, Not authorizing them to with draw money from my personal checking account, as I thought this was a one time charge for a credit report.No fooling.Guess what? The $1.00 charge turns into a forever on going charge of $29.95 taken out twice in a month. Only way to stop their assult, was to close my debit/credit card, and re open a new account @ the bank. This is FRAUD, Do not let scoresense get away with this, Report them to The Better Business Bureau/or your Lawyer/Or Both. Do Not trust them, if they offer you "Fraud Insurance" That is yet another Charge they will add to your bank account. What a Mess. Pursue this with the help of a Lawyer to get it done right. They get away with this each time they withdraw the charge from you, Fight Back by any way you can Legally. Sad in Pennsylvania~
 13th of Nov, 2012 by   Sandrakp 0 Votes
Is there a federal agency to report this scam to? If you know one please list it for the rest of us to complain to.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by   sportsmama 0 Votes
They hit my account for $29.95. I called my bank and was told they get complaints for scoresense daily. I was told that the $29.95 was mentioned in fine print. I was told to change my account number to keep this from happening again. She said that it is doubtful I will get a refund from the company. She also told me that online loan companies use this site and if you apply for a loan online, then you are asked for a one time $1.00 charge for the service. Then in the small print it mentions the $29.95. I never saw any agreement or any fine print. Live an learn, I am not going to do any apps online again! I am changing all my account info and numbers today.
 13th of Dec, 2012 by   YOURCOMPANYSUCKS 0 Votes
THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! THEY SCAMMED MY GRANDMOTHER INTO A "FREE" CREDIT REPORT AND BEING ALMOST 70 YEARS OLD THEY TOOK FULL ADVANTAGE OF HER! SHE IS OLDER THEREFOR SHE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN BANKS SO SHE ASKED TO USE MY CARD. SHE WAS TOLD ONLY A $1.00 WOULD BE CHARGED UNTIL THE MEMBERSHIP WAS OVER THEN IT WOULD BE CREDITED BACK. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT THE CASE AT ALL. A WEEK LATER I WAS CHARGED $30.00 AND WHEN CALLING IN AND SPENDING ALMOST 45 MINUTES ON THE PHONE BEING TRANSFERED TO MULTIPLE PPL. I WAS TOLD IF I WANTED MY MONEY BACK THEN I NEEDED TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO EMAIL ME LETTING ME KNOW IT WAS APPROVED IN ABOUT 2 DAYS OR SO?!? ARE YOU f***ING KIDDING ME? YOU CHARGE MY CARD WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION AND TELL ME ITS GOTTA BE APPROVED? f*** SCORE SENSE AS WELL AS THE TERRIBLE STAFF I SPOKE WITH (CARSON NICCUE BADGE:0043) AND (STEVE ARIAS BADGE:872) NOW NOT ONLY DO YOU HAVE A PISSED OFF POTIENTAL CUSTOMER WHO IS GOING TO MAKE SURE NO OTHER POTIENTAL CUSTOMERS USE THIS COMPANY, NOW YOU HAVE ANOTHER COMPLAINT, YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY AN EMPLOYEE TO FILL OUT AND SEND BACK THE CHARGEBACK FORMS I FILED, YOU ARE PAYING FOR A 45 MINUTE PHONE CALL. I WORK CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I KNOW HOW THINGS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE HANDLED. HAVING STAFF THAT IS INCOMPETED IS GOING TO DESTROY YOUR COMPANY! I HOPE 30.00 IS WORTH IT TO YOU GUYS!
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   fritter 0 Votes
Called to cancel membership. Was talked into keeping it, then after reconsidering I called to cancel membership again and asked for a refund. Refund was denied, membership was canceled per request and a month of services was paid for, which was not wholly used and the one service that was used was just a link. Expensive for something you can do on your own.
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   speakingtruth24 0 Votes
Its not a Scam People just need to learn to read everything before they assume things are free. 5 out of 10 f its asking for your credit card then its not free and there is a catch. they send you letting you know that its gonna charged by email.
 28th of Dec, 2012 by   Dexcon303 -1 Votes
Money was also taken from my account by Scoresense without my verbal or written consent. As soon as this fraudulent transaction took place I contacted their customer service department and spoke to a floor manager named Michael who callously told me I would not be re-imbursed for my loss. Frustrated and infuriated, I called my bank and spoke to the claims department. I am awaiting resolution. I will also be calling the Better Business Bureau. Like most Americans living in these times of economic adversity I don't have $29.95 to toss into the wind. I will think twice before I respond to any more ads that claim to be FREE!!
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   E nolly -1 Votes
I agree that this company should be shut dow
lithonia GA
 21st of Feb, 2013 by   you are all idiots!!! +1 Votes
You are all idiots. I love the service. When you put your card info on the website a whole half of the screen tells you all about the 7 day trial. It says nowhere a 30 day trial. Then the next screen clearly explains that if you don't want to be charged that you have to call and cancel. You all then clicked the box to accept the terms and conditions. Here is the kicker. The box you clicked says that you have read, fully understand, and agree to the terms and conditions for use of the service. So basically you all need to learn to read. But the they go one further and send an email to whatever email you signed up with telling you exactly when you will be charged if you don't call and cancel... They literally spell it out for you multiple times... But I guess you can't fix stupid

AAA offers Safe Rides for New Years