Savings 2 Go

Posted:

Fraud

Savings 2 Go
Arkansas
I, too, was sent a card from savings 2 go after using my credit card to purchase online. $12.95 has been taken out of my checking account for over a year. I, too, called the number on the card and cancelled. I, now live in OKC and called my bank to check on these charges. They said they can only pay me for 2 months. They can't mail out stop payments paper for ACH's. How can I get my money back from these people?
Complaint comments Comments (24) Complaint country United States Complaint category Tax Services

Comments

10th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
A small withdraw amount of 14.95 showed up on my bank staement one day. At first I thought it was something I bought and forgot about but even the name on my bank statement didn't ring a bell. So I questioned it. (Because I am not rich I keep a close eye on my money I will either remember the name of the place/company or the amount!)
I googled saving2go and low and behold there were 2 complaints posted on the complaints boards page for the same company. They had done this to 2 other men (who were smart enough to post a complaint up so others like me could find out right away) and I knew I this was fraud!! Anyhow I called my bank and told them about it and they put a hold on my card right a way and gave me the number to the company in question. I called asap but this is at 11 oclock at night and of course a bullshit company would not be there 24/7 like the real companies do!!! I just wanted to do for others what the other 2 men did for me and I file a complaint so others can see and find out faster. SAVINGS2GO is stealing money from people's bank account. Call your bank if they are doing it to you!!

One of the men said that when he called savings2go they told him they have his card number on file and that he called them and purchased a membership. If they tell me the same thing they will get a piece of my mind. I will take this all the way to court system!! Not only to get my money back but to take out a company of inconsiderate losers who steal honest people's hard earnings!!!
 1st of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to us. We noticed there was a $14.95 charge for January, February and March. I looked it up here, and found that we are not the only ones. I wish I knew what site we used, because we won't do that again. My husband bought a printer off the internet, I bought Bendaroos, and Smoothaways for Christmas. That's all I know of. Is there anyone else out there that bought these products too that's getting charged?
 13th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I contacted Leisure Plus aka Savings to go at 888 527 2589...It appears that when buying something last February from an infomercial. they had offered a $10 rebate for trying this service.. I had truly forgotten about it until I started getting$14.95 charges for both Leisure Plus and Savings to go..In talking to a representative named Kea today I insisted on cancelling the membership.. She was fine with cancelling the LeisurePlus and stating I would receive $14.95 back to my credit card within 7 days, however a bit hedgy when, while on hold, I was listening to their commercial and realized they too, were this Savings to Go, .so I asked her if they were one in the same and she hesitated to answer, however when I told her I had listened to their commercial while on hold, she admitted yes, they were and became defensive telling me that I agreed to the service and got a 10 dollar rebate on my product and confirmed the membership by logging in my email 2 times.. I proceeded to tell her that this had been a telephone order, I never got any rebates, and I never entered my email address anywhere.. She tried to reoffer me the program, I refused and she then said she would be happy to cancel my Savings to Go membership as well and again, refund this last $14.95 charge within 7 days.
So folks, use the number above, call them and cancel those unwanted -unauthorized memberships and charges.. Stay tough, they do try to convince you you asked for this.. Hope this has been helpful... Best of luck, .. Guess we all need to pay more attention when we are ordering on line or from infomercials but its no excuse to get taken for something either..
 13th of Apr, 2009 by    +1 Votes
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also noticed a charge on my account for this Savings thing, I have never received anything in the mail nor an email with such savings. I called the 888 number and cancelled my service? They said they are crediting my account 44.00, which is odd because I only have one transaction for 14.95. Everyone please get rid of this crap, is a fraud.
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Savings 2 Go is a clever SCAM: They attach themselves to an online $10 rebate for a product you are purchasing (from an infomercial). After submitting your credit card information for the product, you are only asked if you want a rebate. If you click "yes", then--every month-- a $14.95 charge appears on your credit card that you cannot account for. This a scandal.
Call 800-448-0166 and demand cancellation. Then, call the Better Business Bureau.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I signed up with Product for Life Aka Nelson Research group to get $2000.00 worth of grocery certificates, and I was told that these other side companies were giving free things away and that I didn't have to pay anything to them and I could cancel within 30 days. It has only been 2 days and I have had a total of 23.95 taken out of my account, without my knowledge. Everyone you call says that they are not the ones who took the money, but I will be calling Easy Saver, Money Edge, Savings 2 Go, and the Back Porch Club to get my money back. Do not sign up with these people at all it seems like a huge scam taking money before I get the chance to cancel and when I am not even a member or received any information.
 21st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Alright so i guess when i was playing poker on myspace we wanted to get more chips and if we did these online surveys we would get more chips and i did one for savings 2 go and i put my debit card # in and had to buy something i believe but, i cancelled the membership and just ignored it for almost a year. last month i saw a transaction for $14.95, i didnt recall what it was for but i ignored it and then it happened again this month and made my account negative, i went to the bank and told them i have no idea what this is, they gave me the phone # to savings 2 go and i asked why they were taking $14.95 out off my account and this has been going on since feb of 09, i know i was like "wtf!!!" so anyway they told me since i didnt do anything in the 30 or 45 day trial you automatically become a member but they told me they would credit back the last transaction and not all of them. i was mad but at least i wont have 7 insufficient fees!!! if you were able to get all transactions back let me know!!!
 21st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
You are just too stupid to be believed!

I don't have any sympathy for stupid gamblers that don't check their card statements even once a year.

Throw some more of your money down the toilet, you deserve it!!
 10th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Hey gang. Welcome to identity theft 101...Chalk up one more. Mine was for 29.95. They seem to be affiliated with "discount shopper savings club" and another called "auto save". Google both and get nothing but complaints filed. No such " dot com."...My wife called and says she canceled something but it is now the second charges. I can't tell the bank that they are fraud as they will SHUT DOWN MY ACCOUNT. This is identity theft in its best face..
 12th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
well friends this leisureplus just got me for 12.95 ed abel anchorage alaska. i think it has some thing about 95 cents it open a door to your wallet
 24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am requesting a refund of the $14.95 monthly dues for membership in Savings 2 Go which I never authorized. The period is from January 2009 through October 2009 which totals $149.50.
Unfortunately I did not catch this error on my bank statement until January 2010. Savings 2 Go did reimburse me for 3 months. However, I NEVER accepted any membership into their services when I ordered a ShamWow on the web in November of 2008. Customer services told me I would have to contact Corporate for the remainder.
I have written to Corporate, Membership Services, Stonebridge Benefit Services, 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75075 on January 30. 2010. As of March 24, 2010 there has not been a response from Corporate.
I am determined to get a reimbursement from them.
Ceil Breitwieser
 26th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
A response to your posting has been sent to your email address. If we can be of further service, please contact us toll free at 1-800-527-5517, option 2, by fax to 972-881-4072, or by email to custrel@aegonusa.com.
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Ummm ...Not for nothing, but I just got my package and it DOES in fact say that it is $14.95 per month . That is your membership fee ! It says it on the paper with your membership card and number . I got 4 Gas redemption vouchers on $10.00 back that I can use per quarter and 4 Grocery rebate vouchers on $25.00 back rebate . Additional Kings Park or 6 Flags Savings of %40 ( which I don't think I will use cause I just went to 6 flags in Springfield, Mass. on the 21st for the first time and was not impressed at all ) . Also got a bunch of useful savings coupons on Alamo, Avis, Budget, and Hertz . as well as 75 off at check out on Overstock.com . If you weigh out all the rebates and savings ...You get back more then what you pay for a membership of $15.00 . I personally like the idea . It also says, you get the first 30 days free . So say you join on September 1st, you won't see a charge till October and the followings month's there after . I joined a cooking and gardening club that is something like this for a monthly fee also and I don't use my card . they send me a bill every month so I can send in a Money Order . I don't like using my card for any of these things, ya know ! Try doing that instead and if they don't offer that option, then don't do it !
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
P.s... the site is www.S2GoMembers.com . That's what I got anyway !
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I too was somehow scamed byt he company. They have beend taking 14.95 each month on my credit card bill with out my authorization. Savings 2 Go is a fraud. Their number answers Stonebriar and their web site is set up so you cannot contact anyone to cancel. I called and cancelled.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Contact the BBB. It is the only complaint that will help. Get your 2 months back and go on with your day. Lesson learned.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
They have been charging me $14.95 per month on my credit card for something I NEVER authorized. Finally got a hold of them on the phone. They claim when I used a paypal account i agreed to this membership. I asked why was I never informed or given any discount service, email anything. They were so RUDE on the phone and she hung up on me. They will only refund the same 2 months that the bank can get back. These people NEED to be stopped. They are unethically taking advantage of people. How do they sleep at night.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Did you ever receive a refund. I am determined to get a refund have them put out of business. Savings 2 go is a slimmy, unethical, company that needs to be stopped
 16th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I too was scammed by Products for Life. I have been fighting to get my money back. I called about a product over the phone and they told me it would be a free 30 days trial(which when I talked to a customer rep they told me that it was really not a free 30 day trial that they work on commission and will say anything to get you to buy the product) and BEFORE I even RECIEVED the product they had charged me $120.00. I called them for a whole month cancelling my "so called" order but had not recieved my money back. I even took the time to write the supervisor emails and she also did not respond in a timely manner. After a month of fighting I got my money back. Then I found another charge from Savings to go. I then called that number and they told me that I spoke to someone about this "special" savings, which I did not want, let alone speak to anyone about. Here to find out that Savings to go and Products for life are somehow joined and they took it upon themselves to enroll me in these other services. Both services are scams and getting the money returned is ridiculous. I recommend to anyone not to make calls to different companies trying to get or try new products because you will have to fight to get your money back.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree