logo

Global Tel Link
I work at Global Tel Link
3. (24 mins ago)
The Wig Gallery at Greece Ridge Mall
Swindled, cheated, lied to, mislead
4. (24 mins ago)
Consoles4less - - Xbox360
Not recieved
5. (25 mins ago)
CoolHandle Professional Web Hosting
illegal billing on credit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-05-13 by    zman1155

Auto Loan

Santander Consumer USA
Massachusetts
Unfortunately I have an auto loan with santander consumer usa. My original loan was with Soverign Bank and it was sold to Santander or Soverign was bought out by Santander. Ever since I have had the loan I have been making extra payments on the principal. Every time I write out two checks one for the amount due for the month and one towards the principle. It has been nothing but problems. Every month they credit towards my next months bill and not towards the principal. One employee told me I had to be three months in advance on payments in order to credit the principal on the account. I have never once heard this before but kept paying extra every month. I had to call them every month in order to tell them that the extra check I wanted to be towards the principal and not towards the following months payment and they still continued to do this month in and month out. I got so frustrated with the company I decided to pay off the loan in full. I requested a payoff amount and mailed it in. Today I recieved an email stating I still owe $24.16. It has been nothing but a headache with this company. I will be sure to never deal with Santander or any of their affiliates ever again. Hopefully no one else will ever have to go through what I have had to go through over the past 30 months or so.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Dec, 2010 by   Tammy MN 0 Votes
My car loan was sold from Citi Financial Auto to SanTander in September of 2010. My last payment was suppose to be December 24th of 2010 and now they are saying that I owe over $9, 000 in fees. What am I suppose to do? This vehicle has over 185, 000 miles on it. What the heck are they charging me for, I only paid 18, 000 for the car?????
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Nikki802 0 Votes
I had the same issue, my loan sold from Citi Financial. When it was sole i owed about $6, 000 left on the car, my most recent statement says i now owe $11, 000. I only paid $16, 500 for the car when i originally bought it. I have had nothing but problems contacting anyone who can give me a real answer. let me know if you happen to find an avenue where you actually get some results.
 17th of Jun, 2011 by   Jduran 0 Votes
I have almost the same problem withe santander, my problem is that I send my payment and they dont post them at all!! I call them to find out what was going on and they dont know all they say is that they havent reseave my payment and so they ask me for proove so I have to pay 40 dallords to track the money orders and guess what Im down 1200 dollards I've send them the proove for one from june 2010 and they havent fix that yet it was for 300 and I call today 06/17/2011 at 3:00 and I reseave the news that I was behind three months but I dont see how.. I have my resits of my payments so I told them and they want proove again so there goes 120 dollards that there not going to reenborce me... I have a huge headech and dont know what to do sense they havent fix the one from 2010 just by thinking about my head want to blowwww!!!

Top 5 Holiday Shopping Scams