logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (9 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
2. (9 mins ago)
Scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Samsung / Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews - I am totally unsatisfied with Samsung!

Samsung / Refrigerator Contacts & Informations

Samsung / Refrigerator

Posted:    Barrett

I am totally unsatisfied with Samsung!

My husband and I bought a Samsung Refrigerator Model # RS257BARB in November of 2005 for our new house. On May 15 we noticed that the number 34 on the refrigerator was flashing and started to rise to the 40's and then the 50's. I placed a call to Best Buy where I bought it, in which I also had a 3 year warranty. They placed a call into the Maytag Services and a repairman came out on May 17th (GJeran). He saw that my refrigerator needed a part so he took a heater gun and got the frost off and told us he didn't know how long it would take for the part to come in but my refrigerator should be good until then. Well, the refrigerator didn't last until the part came. It went back to 58 degrees spoiling our food. When the part came in and another repair man (J. Candi) came on May 27th, he took the brand new part out of the box that was shipped and put it into the refrigerator stood back, looked at it, the temp started to come down from 58 degrees and then went back into the rear of the refrigerator took that part back out and put in the other old one. At the time I asked him what was going on he said, "Oh, your refrigerator is going into defrost automatically, so thats a good sign." When he put the refrigerator back, it was still on 58 degrees and I asked why is it still on 58 degrees he said it will go down. He complained about how he hates to do someone else's work and how he hates to put on parts. This was the weekend of Memorial Day, My husband and I lost over $135.00 worth of food that weekend because the refrigerator stayed at that temperature. On May 31st a repairman (G.Jerdan) came and I asked was the new part put into the refrigerator by the other repairman because the refrigerator stayed the on the same temperature since after the 2 day the first repairman left. He said it looks like he didn't put in the new part. He asked me did he bring a part with him, I said yes he opened it up out of the box and put it in and took it off. He said I don't know why he would do such a thing. He called his tech people and ordered another part. Mean while he took the heat gun and defrosted it again and said we would have to wait for the parts. The refrigerator went back to 58 degrees in two days again, and none came back until June 15th. On June 15th a repairman came, the parts were sent to our house so he fixed the refrigerator.

We had been without a refrigerator, from May 15 to June 15. I talked to several people at Maytag, and Samsung. Samsung (Gwen Novak) told us to fax them our food receipts, when we did, she claimed that they could not reimburse all of my food only one for $121.00 because the repairman came out and fixed the refrigerator with the heat gun. This Only lasted 2 days each time!!! I have 2 medical children, and 1 grand baby that is 1 years old that lives with us. He needs milk constantly.

Now our ice machine is broken. On June 26th a repairman came out to confirm that our ice machine was broken. Now we are in the process of getting a new refrigerator that Samsung finally approved to refund, but it this is another problem because Best Buy has to take the old one out and then we have to come into the store and buy the new one, then wait for the new one to be delivered which is more time without a refrigerator.

I AM TOTALLY UNSATISFIED WITH SAMSUNG AND WILL NEVER BUY OR RECOMMEND A SAMSUNG PRODUCT. When we go to pick out another refrigerator I will not get a Samsung. I don't like how we were talked to by some of the people that represent Samsung. Not having a refrigerator for a whole month and losing food because we were told that the heat gun would fix it until the part came was the worst experience we've had that has involved our children and our grand child.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Nov, 2006 by   Chris 0 Votes
I purchased a Samsung RS2534WW side by side white refrigerator. The warranty on parts and service was for a paltry 1 year. Well, just after one year had passed, the ice maker quit working and the freezer temperature control seems not to be working as well, freezing most of the food it contains. I called the local service repair shop given to me by the Samsung customer service rep and was told that it would be at least $150 for the service call and repair. Well, I made this call about 10 months ago and decided against allowing them to get any more money out of me for a product that should have lasted well in excess of 1 year, so I haven't been able to make ice for most of the time I've had this refrigerator. Frankly, because of this, I'll never buy another Samsung product again, instead choosing to pay more attention to the scores of individuals out there who are unsatisfied by the quality of any Samsung product. I urge you to do the same. It's ridiculous the company can basically steal $1000 and not stand behind the quality of its products. Rather than replacing this refrigerator, I've chosen simply to purchase a more reputable, quality-driven brand of refrigerator. Sure I realize it's going to cost more to purchase a new refrigerator than repair the current 1 I have but it's worth the peace of mind I'll have not being concerned with when my Samsung will break again.

I should say that I also have 2 Samsung phones, a 61 inch Samsung big screen TV, and 2 Samsung DVD players. But these will be the last Samsung products I ever puchase.

Chris
Fort Worth, TX

Feel free to email if you've had the same problems or know any email addresses of Samsung executives. I'd like to email blast all of them with my concerns but, of course, they hide in secrecy because of the poor service and quality policies they endorse.
 28th of Nov, 2006 by   Les Johnson 0 Votes
I purchased a Samsung Refridgerator from Best Buy about 4 years ago...I contacted Samsung after having it for about 6 weeks. People complain about the ice maker not handling a family of five....this thing can't handle a family of two. The Icemaker finally quit completely about 2 months ago. I am reluctant to call anyone to fix it, because it didn't work worth a crap when it was new. Thank goodness I have GE in the garage with an ice maker that makes enough for us and then some. I have had several other Samsung products with no complaints, but I too have decided that I will never buy another Samsung product again.

Les
Casselberry, FL
 29th of Apr, 2007 by   Carmine 0 Votes
Most of the trouble are noisy ac line paths especially in older homes. Causing microprocessor to glitch up/lock up. Remove noisy fluorescent lights and use an ac line filter/spike suppressor. As fridges become more electronic they get more sensitive.
 31st of May, 2007 by   Ravin 0 Votes
My freezer has broken twice in less than a year. Samsung customer care was horrible to deal with and they are insisting that I get a diagnostic don out of pocket before they will authorize someone to come out and fix the freezer. I just got the fridge in Oct 05. The model is a RS253BASB do yourself a favor and don't buy SAMSUNG home appliances. I believe their specialty lays in flat screen TV's.
 18th of Jun, 2007 by   CUSTOMER8520215454 0 Votes
My Samsung refrigerator is a POS as well. Plastic bin cracked in half just opening the drawer. WTF? Its 13 month old of course. Its like it had a timer in it. Spending all day trying to find a replacement part even though its stamped inside the panel... Yeesh DA63-00806, anyone got one of these?
 7th of Jul, 2007 by   M.A.KUMAR 0 Votes
My name is m.a. kumar. contact : c-2 / 101, swapnanagari complex, opp. annasaheb magar stadium, udyamnagar, pimpri, pune. tel : 020 2750 2008.

We bought a samsung refrigerator on 27.01.2007 from radhika sales corporation, pimpri pune. this refrigerator was not functioning from 04.07.2007 and a complaint was lodged with the dealer on the same day. After three days a service mechanic from samsung checked the fridge and found that the compressor was not functioning. We tried to contact the service agent, dealer, samsung service but was in vain.

To avoid spoilage of food the service to be attended immediately.

Regrad
Kumar
 15th of Jul, 2007 by   Dinesh 0 Votes
I am now a grate hater of Samsung Refrigerator and Samsung as a Product Company after purchasing a Refrigerator and the mental harassment that followed later.

On 15th July 2006 I purchased Samsung Refrigerator RT23 . It makes so much noise that I registered a complaint with the Samsung Customer Care Center (Phone : 30308282) on 9th Dec 2006. The technician came to attend the problem on 20th Dec 2006. The technician gave a really absurd explanation that it is a new and high pressure compressor so it would make this such noise for first 6 months. He asked to monitor and wait for 6 months and went back without resolving the problem.

So after 6 minths, bearing with the high noise level from the refrigerator, as the problem yet prevails, I called the customer center again. Due to my schedule mismatch the appointment the technician was delayed by 2~3 weeks.

The call center said technician would come on 23rd June 2007 at around 11 or 12 in the noon. So I kept waiting for him. But till 2pm also when the technician did not turn up I had to again call the customer center. (Unfortunately being alone at home I did not have food so far being waiting for the technician). Then the customer center confirmed that he would be coming by any time till 5pm... poor myself starving till 7pm waiting for the technician again called the customer center but all in vain. Please bear in mind to get connected to the customer center some times takes an hour or more also. Finally at 8pm hopelessly I left house for dinner. The next day morning at around 10 pm the technician called from the Samsung Service Center intimating me about his visit by 12 noon again... poor myself again starved waiting the technician till 2pm...7pm and desparatly out of unbearable hunger left house at 8pm...to my surprise technician called at around 8:15 saying that he is at my house... perfect example of Murphy's Law :( So I had to return home without dinner...

Finally on 24th June 2007 technician from Samsung analyed the noise problem and gave the same old explanation. He also said that this is the normal noise level . (What a disgusting reply from Samsung.). He went back with promise to come the next day with the a noise level measuring instrument for my clarification. But as expected nobody came the next day. I did wait patiently till 30th June 2007 and ultimately called the service center again. Call center execute confirmed the technician/engineer visit on the same day at 5pm but same story was repeated. I kept waiting and starving myself with the fear of Murphy's Law... and nobody from Samsung came. Even today on 15 July 2007 no engineer came to solve the problem. As the noise level is unbearable I had to call the customer center once again... executive said the engineer would come tomorrow...

So it is of no use wasting time and money following the call center... better to throw out the refrigerator from the house and buy a new one from any other company but not Samsung.

CONCLUSION Samsung is the worst company with the worst products and the worst customer care... rather it is the mental harassment center for the customers. Due to this refrigerator from Samsung I lost my peace of mind I got mentally harassed, got starved on 2 days. I have decided not to buy any product from Samsung and recommend not to purchase it.

Go for it if you want to loose your money, if you want to loose your peace of mind... if you want to get mentally harassed / tortured following the call center and service center which is useless.
 17th of Jul, 2007 by   Ravin Patten 0 Votes
Man I feel your pain, our fridge looks great but I don't trust it. It has broken on us to many times, and dealing with Samsung service center is awful.
 23rd of Jul, 2007 by   Eugene 0 Votes
AREN’T FRIGES SUPPOSED TO LAST AT LEAST 10 YEARS…

Or maybe at least one, I purchased my $1400 Samsung RS253BASB side-by-side one year and one month ago and I am now experiencing the frequently posted problem of the temperature rising in excess of 55 degrees on the freezer side. I did not purchase the extended warranty from Best Buy thinking surely it would last... I reported the problem to Samsung and they stated I only have 8 days left to on my manufactures warranty to have the issue resolved! From all the posts on this web site and others I'm sure these problems are well known and documented by now. I'm going use the service on my remaining warranty but any additional advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eugene
Richmond, VA
 26th of Jul, 2007 by   Ravin 0 Votes
Eugene me and you have the same fridge, it just jumps up in temp. A temp fix is to unplug your fridge and let it thaw out for 12-24hrs and then plug it back in. The freezer will work again, (trust me this thru trial and error). If you have any questions e-mail. ravinpat2001@yahoo.com Love the look of the fridge but I don't trust it.
 3rd of Aug, 2007 by   valerie 0 Votes
OHMYGOSH!!! I wrote to Samsung after not one but TWO of the plastic shelves broke apart. I promise, I alone did not cause these parts to disintegrate after very little use. I got a FORM letter back from the company. What a Crock! I had asked them where to purchase the parts and was willing to pay for them. I suppose after reading these reviews and others the fault really is with the manufacturing. What a load of crap. I love the digital read on the thing. It's great with food and the freezer on the bottom is great. Why can't the company answer some emails? Any one with suggestions on where to buy the bottom two shelves.. Please post.. Thanks.
 29th of Aug, 2007 by   Keith Feerrar 0 Votes
We had the exact same problem with freezer not defrosting, then cooling fan freezes/stops working and freezer temp climbs up into the 50's. Had a service person out three [3!!!] times at our expense [over $ 500.00] over 15 months and they are unable to diagnose or fix. Persistent calls and faxes [all documented] to Samsung FINALLY got me to a supervisor who seemed shocked and sympathetic, she put me on hold for 5 minutes and then came back saying there's nothing they could do, just like that!!! So my $ 1450.00 Samsung is going out to the curb and it's the last thing I ever buy from them. I was even told a few months ago by a woman who called my asking if I would like to take part in a satisfaction survey for Samsung [I readily agreed !!] that this is a VERY common complaint about their fridge/freezers, but apparently they have NO desire to address the problem. Ill vote with my feet...
 11th of Sep, 2007 by   Kim 0 Votes
First off don't buy a samsung!!!!!! We purchased our samsung rs257barb 3 years ago and have had nothing but heartache!!! Within 5 months of purchasing it the refrigerator side decided to stop working, going up to 60 degrees! Of course spoiling all of our food. The repairman came and looked at it and said he needed to order a part. Almost 2 weeks later he came back and replaced the pump. That solved the problem until thanksgiving when it decided to quit on us again (of couse since we were having all the family over to our house to celebrate). I once again called and a repairman came out, looked at it and said he needed to order a part. This whole process took about 3 weeks. He replaced the motherboard and said it should solve all of our problems. What a lie!!!! Christmas time the fridge side decided to quit yet again. This time was the same as the first except it took even longer, a little over 4 weeks and they replaced the pump yet again. Then this summer right before we were to leave on vacation for 2 weeks the fridge decided to quite again. Well this time they told us that we were filling our freezer too full with stuff and that the cold air couldn't circulate over to the fridge side. Well we took almost eveything out and put it in our stand alone freezer in the garage. Well that worked for 2 months. Luckily we had bought the extended warranty, i called up best buy and told them that i wanted them to replace the "piece of crap" and i was tired of calling about every 6 months to have someone come out and "fix" it. Now we're waiting on the "replacement authorization", who knows how long that will take. I'm just thankful that we decided to put our old refrigerator out in the garage so we had something to fall back on. By the by that refrigerator is a maytag and we've had for 10 years without even one problem...... Think we'll stick with them for our next.

Hope this was helpful,
Kim
Eugene, oregon
 12th of Sep, 2007 by   Vincent Sardo 0 Votes
I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator Model R5267LABP Serial # 295743CL500630P on July 29, 2006. From the very start I had problems with the Ice Maker. If you tried to get Ice it wouldn’t give any Ice. You had to remove the ice bin and shake it and then put it back several times before it would work. When it does give you Ice it fill the glass and dumps ice all over the floor. If you switch it to crushed ice and go back to cubes, it stays in crushed ice mode.

We have had several service calls to repair this problem and the problem still exists. We called Samsung, and Lowes Home Center where we purchased the Refrigerator, and was told that they will send a repair man out. How many times will they send someone out to repair a problem that is an engineering design defect from Samsung? To Top it off they now tell me I will have to pay $119.00 plus parts & labor for the service call!!!!!

They refuse to refund our $2,260.96, so my next step is to file a complaint in the courts and ask for the courts to order the Lowes Home Center and the manufacturer to refund in full the purchase price of this defective product. The bad publicity from the law suite may alert other potential buyers to stay away from Samsung products and be careful of where they shop.

I know I will do my research in the future, and definitely stay away from all Samsung products in the future. I hope this report prevents another consumer from getting ripped off.

Sincerely

V.S.
Fort Myers, Florida
 16th of Sep, 2007 by   Not Happy 0 Votes
Brand new Samsung Appliances came with the house we bought. it was never used until we moved in. The second day we moved into the house the and I used the microwave it stop working after 1 minute. I called the Samsung support center and was told there is no service center in my city and I live in a semi large city of 600,000 residents and only one 1 place is authorized to fix Samsung. Samsung refused to honor the 1 year waranty since warranties donot transfer when you sell or buy a house. Noone was living in the house for 8 months and all the appliances were brand new and just bought. So had to pay someone $200 to look inside the microwave to be told the fan was never put in the correct spot inside the microwave when it was being built. Samsung refused to honor that. Had to buy a new microwave since the samsung was fried and unfixable. Then 1 month later the fridge defrosted during the night and once again Samsung refused to honor warranty. Had to call the appliance person and was told they think it is the PC board. we unplugged it and replugged it and it worked again. Then it defrosted again during the night 2 months later. Now it defrosted again during the night. I tried the demo button and that seemed to be the problem but the digital temperture said it was working, but the compressor was not working and dead and everything melted and defrosted. Called appliance person again and they donot have the part and it can be awhile before they get the part. Though it will cost me more to buy a new fridge then to fix it I donot trust Samsung. This is the 2nd product within 7 months that have completely broken and samsung refuses to cover the warranty since the products came with the house we bought. I know I will pay all this money to fix it and it will just break again.
 22nd of Sep, 2007 by   Mark Mellor 0 Votes
Did you know that it is very easy to change your own water filter on your Samsung even if it is behind connected to a water line. Just turn the water supply off and the connections screw on and off easily with an adjustable spanner. BUT how do you get rid of the water filter red light?? Samsung have it locked and it needs some kind of code known only to the engineers in essence forcing you to call their miserable engineers!

Furthermore this red light is only illuminated by a timer! It does n't actually light up because your old filter was blocked or something(otherwise it would go off when it was changed) Any solutions from people in the know?
 24th of Sep, 2007 by   Bill Kapelanski 0 Votes
This past February I purchased a Samsung side by side refrigerator at Costco for $1099. The look of the unit was great, but I forgot the old saying that "beauty is only skin deep". In a short 6 month span I experienced the following problems: 1. freezer temp would rise and thaw food 2. food in refrigerator would freeze (eggs, fruit, milk...) 3. in door water stopped working. We had a service company come out, but they were unable to fix it. I spent 10+ hours on the phone with Samsung to try to have my unit repaired or replaced. They just didn't seem to care. Even at the Samsung Executive Customer Relations department level they would put me on hold for 20-30 minutes and tell me they would phone me tomorrow with an action plan to resolve my problems. They never would call me back. This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with! Not only do they make a lousy fridge, but no service companies will support them. One service company that tried to repair my unit dropped Samsung and stated that Samsung wouldn't pay them for warranty repairs. Fortunately I purchased the refrigerator at a great company, Costso. After 6+ months they gave me a full refund on the unit. Of course I had to haul it back to their store and the replacement Maytag unit cost me $800 more. I will never purchase anything with the Samsung name on it again (not even at Costco).
 27th of Sep, 2007 by   Duane Thomas 0 Votes
I am also a member of this group of unhappy Samsung refrigerator owners. In the 3 years that I have owned this side by side unit, I have had the mother board replaced 3X, Ice maker replaced 3X, refrigerator evaporator replaced because of a burnt out defrost heater.
This was a really stupid design idea to have a resistant heater be part of the evaporator. Instead of just replacing an electrical part, the technician has to recover the freon, open up the refrigeration system, replace the evaporator and then recharge the system with new freon. Parts have also been replaced in the ice maker bin. I have had warm temperatures in the freezer and the refrigerator requiring unplugging of the refrigerator for a minute and plugging it back in. I can't even guess how many times this has been done.

I have had the water not dispense from the door. Apparently a frozen water line is the cause of that problem Warranty is over now and I have a freezer that won't cool down. I also will never purchase another Samsung product and will let others know of my experience.
Several of the service technicians have recommended a Whirlpool refrigerator. When I am ready to spend another $1200.00 plus dollars, that is what I will get.
 6th of Oct, 2007 by   Dan Cusi 0 Votes
Thank you for sharing all your unfortunate experience with Samsung Refrigerators.

Our Whirpool lasted 17 years. It looks like we will stick to same brand.
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Col K John Verghese 0 Votes
I bought a RT 34 RVMS about 2 weeks ago and from the first day I have been complaining that the fridge is unstable and that it rocks every time you open the door.

I dont know whom to contact for help as the dealer has stopped responding to my calls and I need to officially complain to some responsible person in the company before I put this in consumer court.

One repair person had come but he said there is some part that has to be replaced, some base plate or something. You can make the fridge rock back and forth by pushing it with you're little finger.

I think this is a case of a defective piece damaged in transit and the company wants to wash its hands off quietly, otherwise if all models are like that, then consumers in India must be alerted, as adequate choice of brands are available.

I had used a Kelvinator for 18 years this is a shock after spending good money.

The Lice Lady's Tips to Keep Your Child Lice Free