logo

Google scam fraud company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Samsung, Mount Arlington, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - Customer Service (Lack of)

SAMSUNG Contacts & Informations

Samsung

Posted:    Jeff

Customer Service (Lack of)

Samsung Electronics USA
Mount Arlington, New Jersey
Phone: 800-522-7341
Samsung.com
On 1/31/08 I purchased a Samsung FPT5094 (50" Plasma Wireless TV)from a local TV & Appliance Store.On 7/1/08, this TV stopped working completely.We contacted this same dealer who referred us to Samsung's toll free number on 7/2/08.We have since been referred to Samsung's Executive Customer Relations Group at 800-522-7341.We were told from the beginning by Samsung that they had exactly 21 business days to try to repair this TV or we would get a replacement or refund. This TV has since been declared unrepairable by the Consumer Electronic Service, which is Samsung's repair center at (919)469-9247.It has now been 28 working days without resolution. We have been without this TV for over 5 weeks.Samsung's customer service department has been unwilling to return our phone calls nor have they responded to our request for a full refund. We were told by Samsung to provide the original bill of sale to start the refund process, but to date, they have not started this process.We financed this TV and are still paying on merchandise that is not operational.Over the course of these past 5 weeks, we have spoken to at least 20 different agents giving them the same details each and every time which shows there is no single point of ownership for our particular case #4002388450.Each agent has told us that we would receive a return phone call on the progress of our case.However, only one agent has called us back to inform us that we were receiving a refund.Obviously, this was not true. We also have this agent's message recorded on our phone as well as an e-mail document stating the same. We have been consistently requesting a refund and still are requesting a complete refund on this product without further delay. We have since filed a complaint with the BBB in Trenton, NJ
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Aug, 2008 by   Craig Neuhoff 0 Votes
I am currently going through this same issue. There has got to be a way to make this more known and expose Samsung to their unethical ways of customer service!!!
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   Jeff 0 Votes
I just received the following e-mail from the BBB and have since written to the Attorney General's office. I would do the same. At least we're doing something.

Business Name: Samsung Electronics America Inc.

Thank you for contacting BBB regarding your complaint.

We regret to inform you that BBB cannot process your complaint. The case has been reviewed and was found to contain issues that are out of BBB's Purview. Your complaint would be best handled by the Attorney General's office listed below:

STATE OFFICE OF CONSUMER PROTECTION
124 Halsey Street
Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: 973-504-6200
Phone: 800-242-5846 (NJ residents only)

Although we are unable to assist at this time, please remember that your BBB provides many valuable services to you both prior to making a purchase and after. If we can be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Janice Croux
Service Representative
BBB Complaint Department
 12th of Sep, 2008 by   Samsung Rep 0 Votes
First of all I will start out by saying I work for Samsung Tech Support and in defense of us you have been totally out of line and not informing people in your complaint about the whole truth. Your warranty clearly states that you have a repair warranty! You were told from the begining when you called that you would be getting warranty repair and we could not offer you a refund. You first contacted us on 7/02/2008. We set you up for service and you waited for an hour and called us back complaining that the service center didnt get the fax. Come on you have to give reasonable amount of time. Second we did transfer you up to ECR who when you spoke to them you were asking for an exchange. You didnt even give us a chance to service the unit before you went off ranting and raveing. It's all policy and procedure and we have to follow the guidelines that we have in place. We then inturn get you service that we promised within our guidelines in 6 business days within your first contact. The service center did attempt to service your tv with parts that they had on hand that on a normal basis would fix your issue. The service center then told you that they would need to take the tv back to their shop to further fix the tv and return it to you when they were done. You contacted us then to ask if we can send you a "loaner" tv in the mean time while you wait for service. *Not listed in your warranty that we will do that, but still you get mad. You are disappointed with our service. What have we as agents done wrong. Nothing. We have tried to the best of our abilities within the policies that Samsung has in place to get you repair on your tv and fix your issue. You were told that you would recieve call backs yes, but you never left time for our agents to call. In looking through the transaction that you gave you were calling multiple times daily talking to many different agents because you weren't giving the ECR agents time to call you back. After review each note from every agent many times I have calculated the days of your ticket. You state that you were told within 21 business days we would have your product repaired or a refund. Policy is to get you service within 21 business days. If service takes longer than 21 business days it is Samsung policy to offer you an exchange or refund within ECR's limits. You were in that time range. From first call to the day that we offered you a refund it was 22 business days.
Next time you want to gripe about bad service think about who might see your posts. This just makes you look uneducated and stupid. You are mad about us following procedure and getting you your refund within policy turn around times.
 27th of May, 2009 by   wtf 0 Votes
If this is the caliber of worker that Samsung is hiring, they are doomed.
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   The Dimwit 0 Votes
Im having some of the same issues - the quality of their products appears mediocre at best (my issue is a faulty power supply unit), and their service is abyssmal. The only option they can give me is to ship it to their warranty repair center in New Jersey (I live in Washington DC) at my own expense. Just what I wanted - I get to pay about a hundred bucks so I can send a five-month old TV off for a repair process that is bound to take 6-8 weeks.

To me a better option would be to cut my losses by trying to sell this piece of rubbish on Craigslist and put the money towards a Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, or other brand that might actually work for a little while...
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   The Dimwit 0 Votes
And as far as the soap box commentary from the samsung rep - I agree with WTF. If someone in my firm were to take the go to that level of effort to publicly call one of our clients uneducated and stupid, I would have them fired and escorted out of the office within an hour. Its one thing to explain company policies, its another issue entirely for someone in a consumer products company to try to make the consumer look stupid... I guess the anonominity of his post lets him underscore Samsung's lack of commitment to service with impunity.

That said; it is understandable that Samsung has to cut costs somewhere to keep its prices competitive - I guess hiring the local village idiot as a service rep is cheaper than recruiting quality people and training them in appropriate issue resolution techniques.
 14th of Jun, 2009 by   Mohamad Kaake 0 Votes
I am Mohammad From Lebanon, I bought a SAMSUNG _ WA15P9 - top loader - washing machine, it was perfect for 1monthm, until the detergent drawer is not opening anymore.
we called the customer service from the company where i bought it.
Two days ago Samsung representative called me giving me an appointment.THEY NEVER CAME.i am calling them from 1 month ago, and they keep lying, it is not accepted for a company like this.They told me, by phone, you need to purchase a new drawer.
i will never buy SAMSUNG anymore.
m_kaake@live.com
00961-70-843963
Mohamad Kaake
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   Gautam Yadav 0 Votes
sir,
for the last one month we are complaint about our printer( SCx-4521F ) we bougt the printer on 25th may 2009 by the name of money bhandar contact person Kapil dev pasricha
contact no 011- 42334759 but no action will be taken since now
please take some action as soon as possible.
thanking you
money bhandar
(Kapil dev Pasricha )
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   azbeergirl 0 Votes
I can't believe a customer service rep from Samsung would post that. Is there any such thing as customer service anymore? I bought an lcd 40" tv 18 mo. ago. It's already not working. No picture just sound. The TV I replaced for this lcd lasted me 23 years. Still nothing wrong with it except that it's obsolete. (only an old cable connection) It's past my warranty of 12 mo. But I googled and there are all kinds of people having the same exact problem. You would think a company (warranty or not) would go ahead and fix something commonly faulty. I mean come on! I spent way too much money on it to have it not working so soon. peeved
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   miskhr 0 Votes
I can't believe my eyes! I just found this site and thought i had already commented on my issues! I'm having the exact same problems with Samsung as you all are.

I bought a monitor 305t that just stopped working and returned it, i was told that they didn't have the parts to repair and that i could wait or be issued a refund, after waiting three weeks then being told this i decided to get a refund now it has been over a month and i have not seen a dime of my $1300. After numerous calls to the executive customer # i have been told i should receive my refund. As of 11/3/09 i still wait. This is just a summary of what i have been through, i'm sure we all share the same frustration. What the hell is it going to take to get MY money back?!
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   miskhr 0 Votes
We should all start a class action against Samsung
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   Unacceptable1 0 Votes
Below is a time-line of my trying to get a defective Home Entertainment Center repaired/replaced by Samsung. As you can see, I am totally disgusted with Samsung. In addition to the below on-going experience, I purchased a Samsung TV that lasted two weeks and I had to return it to Best Buy. I switched brands and replaced the Samsung TV with another brand. I have yet to be able to talk to anyone that can cause the replacement to be shipped. All I get is a goat-rope runaround.

Samsung Executive Customer Service is to replace unit as the repair vendor cannot locate repair parts. Ticket # 4005557462,

22 Sept 09, ll48L, Delivered for repair.
1 Oct 09, 0946L, Frank, Submitted for Exchange. Not approved yet. Can take up to two weeks to complete.
6 Oct 09, 1015L, Customer Service Representative, Ms. Candice, Approved on 1 Oct 09, Must return speakers before they will send new unit.
13 Oct 09, 1536L, Greg, cannot connect me to department that will ship new unit. The department will call me when they are ready to ship.
15 Oct 09, 0927L, UPS, Patrick, said item should be scanned on 16 Oct when delivered.
15 Oct 09, 0946L, Customer Service Representative, Hugo, explained problem with item not being scanned by UPS when picked up. Item to arrive tomorrow, should be scanned when delivered.
1ZRV25739091227883

10 Oct 09, 0939L, Delivered 19 Oct 09, Roxanne, said they received all items necessary to ship new unit. I specifically asked that if they do not have everything they need, then they should call me and let me know what was needed so I could get the issue resolved.

Track Packages & Freight
Quantum View
Flex Global View
Tracking Detail
Help

Your package has been delivered. To view Proof of Delivery, please select the link.

Tracking Information
Tracking Number:
Status:
Delivered
UPS has delivered the shipment.

Residential deliveries that do not require a signature may be left in a safe place, out of sight and out of weather, at the driver's discretion. This could include the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area. If you have instructed the driver to leave the shipment with a neighbor or leasing office, this would be noted on a yellow UPS InfoNotice left by the driver.

Delivered
Delivered On:

23 Oct 09, 0937L, , Ticket # 4005557462, Samsung Executive Customer Service, 800-522-7341, spoke with Frank, Status: Not yet shipped, they have everything. Told them I would be back Monday morning.
27 Oct 09, 1238L, Customer Service Representative, Karen, Status – Exchange Ticket # 4005573095, Return Authorization # not posted. From time ordered 7-to 14 days via UPS. Should receive automated tracking email with shipping number.
2 Nov 09, 0947L, Customer Service Representative, 800-522-7341, Angela, Status – Exchange Ticket # 4005573095, No agreement reached because they have not called to make me an offer on the model type. Ms. Angela said she will call me within 24-48 hours with offer.
5 Nov 09, 1021L, Customer Service Representative, 800-522-7341, Julius, paperwork approved 10/1.
9 Nov 09, 1328L, Customer Service Representative, 800-522-7341, Exchange Ticket # 4005573095, Gayle, Status: No change in status. I asked to speak to a supervisor, supervisor stepped out to lunch. No one called me back.
12 Nov 09, 0918L, Customer Service Representative, 800-522-7341, Exchange Ticket # 4005573095, Leslie (0929L-On hold 11 Minute), Placed on Hold while she checks file.
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   Unacceptable1 0 Votes
This web site left out the beginning part of the saga which began on 22 Sept

22 Sept 09, ll48L, Delivered for repair.

11th of Dec, 2009 by   cheezysquirrelz 0 Votes
I wish I would've done research on Samsung customer service before purchasing. I bought a Samsung T190 monitor in late August of 2008. Since I bought it, over 50 pixels in the screen stopped working, so I finally called in the beginning of August this year (2009). I've been trying to get something worked out since. My original monitor was in mint condition other than the pixels. They sent 2 different refurbished monitors that were covered in scratches, smudges, and other cosmetic damages. I knew if they looked that bad on the outside, they probably would be just as bad when I turned them on. I was supposed to get a 3rd monitor, but after waiting nearly a month, I asked for a refund. I'm still trying to get that refund. I'm a college student and I obviously need a computer monitor, so I have already replaced my old samsung with a new monitor, but I need my $210 back. It seems that every time I call, there is never any supervisor available and they always promise to call me back (and never do). Every time I ask when I will get my refund, it's always "14 to 21 days".
Here's my timeline so far...

August
~8th – UPS shipping label received (through email)
~10th – Shipped monitor to Samsung though UPS
~12th – Samsung received monitor (notified through email)
~13th – Samsung completed service request (notified through email)
~18th – Received refurbished replacement from Samsung (it was damaged)
~19th – Called Samsung Executive Customer Relations, Set up MBE Exchange to switch for a monitor in better condition
~26th – Monitor arrived at UPS store; it was also in poor condition, I refused to accept it
- Called Samsung and spoke to Dan Gonzalez in Executive Customer Relations; he said another monitor (in good condition) would be shipped by September 1st

September
~1st – Monitor was never sent, so I continued to wait
~14th – Called Samsung ECR, Spoke to John – he said the order was processing as of September 11th
~22nd – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Alicia – she said she was placing an order for the monitor and promised she would call back or email by 7pm that day – never called back
~29th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Maureen – she said she would make sure the monitor would be sent and promised to call back – never called back

October
~6th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Debbie – asked for supervisor, but was told none were available; asked to start refund process instead of receiving another monitor – refund was never set up
~13th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Stephanie – Set up for refund, promised a shipping label would be sent – no shipping label was ever sent
~26th – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Liz – said Refund Department would send the shipping label once the refund was approved

November
~16th – Samsung ECR, spoke to Caprice – she said the Refund Department accepted (though no label was ever sent to me); she emailed me the UPS shipping label
- Shipped monitor through UPS same day @ 2:45pm (Tracking#1ZRV25739099407969)
~18th – Monitor delivered to Samsung according to UPS package tracking

December
~2nd – Samsung ECR, Spoke to Nikisha – she said monitor arrived on November 20th, no refund check written yet – emailed refund department and promised to call me back (even said she was making herself a note to remember) – never called back
~11th- Samsung ECR, no name – said the refund was submitted to management – will take 14-21 days to approve
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   cheezysquirrelz 0 Votes
Now I'm feeling quite guilty for persuading my parents and my boyfriend to buy Samsung TV's...
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   Stooopid People 0 Votes
everyone on this site needs to get over themselves...you complain about samsung yet sony panasonic toshiba all have the same problems as well...i have a samsung tv and there is nothing wrong with it and ive had it for a couple of years now...on the other hand ive had a sony which broke within days then i got a panasonic which wouldnt even turn on and then i had a toshiba which i returned...so needless to say technology sucks and everyone is going to run into issues with it...and on top of that dont blame the customer service reps for your problems...blame the technology for not being perfect...customer service reps are just following policy and procedure set by the company...believe me i used to work in customer service and i hate that crap!
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   Whittier,CA 0 Votes
I have had a 67 inch Samsung DLP since 2006 and have had the board replaced once the color wheel replaced twice and the lamp replaced 4 times. Each time I called Samsung was like pulling teeth and was without a TV for about 3 weeks. I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get service from Samsung and I have to say it has been the worst experience I've had to deal with with any company. My TV is broken once again and it is the color wheel. I have decided not to fix this problem, toss this tv and move on to another brand. Never again will I buy from Sansung!
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   shivpujan das 0 Votes
I have purchased the refrigerator in Apr 2004.after initial installation it becomes problem for me. the compressor get unserviceable four times. every time the repair was under taken by authorised samsung engineer only.the enviromental condition is idle as per service engineer.on 16 Jun 2010 the compressor again becomes unserviceable. the repairing cost is beyond economical repair. now we are loosing our confidence in samsung product.because the repairing cost is going more than a new refrigerator.

kindly look in to the matter and send your representative to analyse and take corrective action.i wish you will show interest and expedite the action.

thanking you

Email sameer.kumar978@gmail.com
phon No. 09431222035
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   mdc,nm 0 Votes
08/04/10

WOW! I can't belive the complaints against Samsung as I have one also.

2005 Samsung HD 65in Floor Model
Model: HCN653WX-XAA
Serial: 39ZX150-187E

Yes true enough my 2, 500 dollar 65in HD floor model t.v. was purchased in 2005, at Best Buy, yet after a year of owning I had to purchase the back panel mother board that went out for a wopping $600.00 now (3) three years later the same problem has accoured, Although, I was willing to pay for the part myself.
Only after the fact when I contacted Samsung (2) two repair techs called but never came out and told me that the part for my back panel
(Pro Scan Mogul / mother board) part {BP95-001-0T} is no longer available and that Samsung doesn't make the part any more.
By the ECS agent, I was given the J&J Parts # 800.627.4368
and I was told that the part is "no longer" available - I have since called ECS dept and was told by several represenatives there, that my t.v. is "OLD" and "depreciative" in other words of NO VALUE. I told the respresenative my money $2, 500 dollars wasn't deprecative when I purchased it!
Samsung Corporate & Affiliates
Electronics America, Inc.
105 Challenger Rd Ste 1
7th floor
Ridgefield Park, NJ, 07660
I have tried on numerous occasions to fax the Corporate & Affiliates Dept.
regarding my complaint to them, but the number provided on the website is a "BOGUS" FAX NBR.
Fax: 973-601-6001
So I called then called Samsung back and requested their fax number for the (ECS) Excutive Customer Service Relations Dept
FAX: 864-751-2882 and I forwarded my letter of complaint to them and told them to forward my complaint letter to the Corporate & Affiliates Dept. Well, to top it off no one has offered me any support how to even properly dispose of this BIG / LARGE piece of junk.
No one wants to help me with either a dollar for dollar exchange and or offer a Differential in price.
Next step is to write a letter of concern to the names and address listed below - "WAIT..." and see what happens.

Mr. Yoon-Woo Lee, Vice Chairman
and
Mr. Dong-Jin Oh, President
Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
105 Challenger Rd Ste 1
Ridgefield Park, NJ, 07660
 24th of Aug, 2010 by   burningsun5 0 Votes
Reference number of my call: 2007584564
I bought my printer few months back and since then I haven’t been able to send faxes. I have tried sending fax several times and to several different numbers in few months but it never worked. When trying to send the fax I usually get the dial tone and then the fax noise for few seconds and then before the fax could be sent out the line would disconnect. It’s the same problem weather the line is connected directly into the jack or to the splitter.
The first time I called Samsung (around 7:00pm) the customer support agent typed my problem in her system and told me to call back the next day since their advanced technical support was closed. I then called after couple of days and was transferred to advanced tech support where I spoke to the lady named Quinn (my spelling of her name might be wrong). After going through few question and checking my line she told me to send her a fax. I tried sending her a fax a few times while she was on a phone with but same result as always. I heard the dial tone and then the fax sound and after few seconds the line would disconnect.
She told me that she will call me in an hour after talking to her technicians. I waited for the whole day and never received a call from her. It’s been about 2 weeks that I never received any call from her or anyone else from Samsung.
After waiting for a call for so many days I finally decided to call myself today (August 24, 2010) at 5:17 pm and got the gentleman named Alain on the line. He went through the same questions and told me to send a fax. I went through the same process again and got the same results. He was talking to his technician on the other side and then told me that something is wrong with my telephone line. So basically that was their solution. I explained him that my telephone lines were installed about year and a half ago and my internet and phone are working absolutely fine and are on the same phone line. Moreover I have used Lexmark and HP all in one printers in the past and fax in both the printers worked absolutely fine. The gentleman again repeated “my technician is saying that something is wrong with your telephone line”. Absolutely ridiculous!
I explained him the same thing again that nothing was wrong with my phone line. He told me that he was trying to transfer my call but no technician was available to take my call and to call back the next day. I have already called 3 times and nothing has been resolved. I have business to run then keep calling Samsung. I have experienced horrible service ever with Samsung.
I am currently looking to buy a Samsung flat screen T.V but due to this experience I don’t think I want to buy any more Samsung products.

Tips for Storing Food Properly so it Lasts Longer