logo

Term Paper

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Samsung Complaints & Reviews - Won't replace phone under warranty with manufacturer defect

Samsung Contacts & Informations

Samsung

Posted:    Sandy

Won't replace phone under warranty with manufacturer defect

samsung
I am outraged to discover Samsung won’t replace my cell phone due to the port breaking. I own another Cingular Samsung flip phone where the port broke as well. Your Warranty evidently has a “loop-hole” where a manufacturer defect is blamed on the consumer!

I first called phone repair to ask them what “F-84” meant and why this isn’t considered a “manufacturer defect” and how is the port breaking considered “abuse”. Not one person I spoke with could explain this comment nor understood the technician’s decision of abuse and explain how it is not a manufacturer’s defect. They transferred me to the Escalation Department Supervisor on duty, Angeli.

She didn’t know what F-84 meant nor could she explain anything other than repeatedly reciting to me the “all or nothing warranty”; once the phone is sent in for repair and is found to be non-repairable, the product cannot be serviced and therefore simply sent back to the consumer. There was nothing she could tell me about replacement of the phone other than writing to Corporate Office. After debating my point for over 20 minutes, she finally transferred me to the ECR Dpt. When I asked her why she didn’t do that in the first place instead of telling me to write to Corporate, she told me this was standard procedure. Interesting?

I spoke with supervisor Tiffany, at ECR Department. She mentioned she had just discussed this same problem with another customer. She explained that with the code: “F-84, Pad Lifted at Charger Port” this is due to the consumer pushing too hard when plugging in charger and is not covered under their warranty. She was informative and pleasant but after hearing my story, said this is Samsung policy and nothing she could do.

My argument to Samsung regarding this decision, is that people naturally would tend to slightly push the charger into the port if they were having connecting issues and this shouldn’t constitute “undue stress or abuse” to the phone. If doing this for more than several times bends and/or lifts the inside pad, then this indicates the beginnings of the port breaking and should be considered a “Port Manufacturer Defect”.

Given address to send complaint letter to Richardson, TX but Corporate is in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Want specific persons name to send to. Does anybody know who manager of Communication & Device Solutions or Mobile Phone Division at Samsung?
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Mar, 2009 by   mlk 0 Votes
I am having the EXACT same problem with Samsung - word for word. I don't understand how a person can "abuse" a phone by simply plugging it into the charger. Disgusting.

I filed a complaint with my state attorney general's office. Not sure it will get me anywhere, but at least it puts Samsung on notice with the AGO, which could help someone else in the future. Anyway, the address I have for Texas is: 1301 East Lookout Drive, Richardson, TX 75082. Not sure who you address it to though. Good luck!!

Useful Information + Tips How to Avoid Identity Theft