logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Purolator Canada
PUROLATOR CANADA - SUCKS, INCOMPETENT, LAZY DRIVERS, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, SENIORS HIDE
2. (0 mins ago)
Ace Industrial Supply Inc. Ace Tools
Disreputable sales practices/phone harrassment
5. (19 mins ago)
nikeairmaxukshop.co.uk
Total disregard from the seller

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Rolex, New York, New York Complaints & Reviews - Bad Customer Service / Warranty

Rolex Contacts & Informations

Rolex

Posted:    grichuhin

Bad Customer Service / Warranty

Rolex
655 5th Ave
New York, New York
Purchased Rolex Submariner ($5, 000). Owned the watch for three years and wore it seldomly (to keep it nice). Even though it is a diving watch I never showered with it on or even wore it in a swimming pool. The watch is in very good condition (even has the green stcker on back). While vacumming my carpet the bezel on the watch fell off!!! My wife and daughter both noticed the bezel on the carpet. I had not bumped, hit or otherwise moved the watch other than vacumming! I sent the watch to Rolex and waited two weeks. The finally called and said they had a "quote ready". They wanted $704.69 to fix the watch! While a little shocked I was not that surprised. Some rich dude would probably send them a check. I said, the watch is in perfect shape, is under warranty, has not been abused and shoud be repaired under the terms of the warranty. The customer service Director said the watch has a faulty stem, has scratches, and need to have maintenance performed even if it is rarely worn (ya right!).

Be aware - If you are like me you equate qualtiy with brands like Rolex. Not true, crap products, rude customer service and no regard for loyal customers (my dad, sister, other sister and step mom all wear Rolex).

Email me at ggrichuhin@gmail if you want to hear more detail.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jun, 2011 by   jim1951 0 Votes
Received a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Movement watch as a gift. After 4 years it stopped running. Took it to Rolex Service and was told it needed a complete overhall (US$300). I had the service done and now 6 years later the watch stopped runnng again. Took it back to Rolex Service and was told they now only do a package service
(US$560) regardless of the fault with the watch. The clerk at the Rolex also advised me that if the service was done, it would need to be done in another 4 years or so.
Needless to say I have my non-working Rolex in the safe where it will stay.
This is v ery disappointing customer service from a Brand who pride themselves on quality.
gjb1951@hotmail.com
 20th of Jun, 2012 by   regil679 0 Votes
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG DOES ROLEX TAKE TO SEND OUT THE WARRANTY CARDS? I PURCHASED A NEW ROLEX FROM MAYORS AND THEY SENT OUT THE MY INFO TO ROLEX, IT'S BEEN ABOUT 3 WEEKS NOW AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY PAPERWORK.

regil679@aol.com
 13th of Jul, 2013 by   Nanay 0 Votes
I' am just realizing that Rolex sponsors Tiger Woods. It's a shame to me using a Rolex. I'll never get a new one.
 4th of Oct, 2013 by   Azbsn1 0 Votes
My rolex explorer quit after 9 months. Where's the quality? The AD said Rolex makes 700k watches a year. Well Casio makes 3 million a year without issues. I've owned Omega and Breitling for 4 years and never had one issue. I guess now I know who makes a quality watch...NOT ROLEX!! When I get my Rolex back you will see it for sale on EBAY.
 2nd of Feb, 2014 by   Tonia Grenn 0 Votes
Had a Rolex given by my husband in 1985. It was very special to me after 2 children and time. As a young girl i had put it through the ultimate test (me, myself & I) and it was worn My husband kindly offered to have it fixed for my Valentines day 2014. Only to find out after months of waiting that it will cost $5100. Probably more then what it's worth. We asked if they could just fix the broken glass but they refused unless they fix the whole thing. Cost of sending and $100 now extra to return it to my hands. Will I even get it back? It seems they truly have no heart. Isn't a Rolex given with love and should it not be taken care with love or kindness?If anyone asks I will tell them don't buy one. Sadness on Valentine's Day!
 30th of Apr, 2014 by   Amar Saraf 0 Votes
I bought a rolex in 2007 and it was very dear to me as it was given to me by my wife. It was working very fine and it never gave me any trouble. Last month i went to new york and went to rolex to get it cleaned. They told me after checking that my watch was running behind 29 minutes and that i had to get it overhauled and the cost given to me was 900 USD. i told them i dont want it please if you can clean it for me i would be glad to pay the charges. They didnt charge me anything and gave me the watch back after an hour. After i came back to India the watch has stopped working and it runs behind 7 hours and stops after that. I dont know what to do. Where can I make a complain about this?
 6th of Nov, 2014 by   ALI YOUSEF 0 Votes
Dear Sir,

I am Dr.Ali Yousef from Egypt.

I bout a Rolex watch from AHMED SEDDIQI&SONS in Dubai at January 2014,

and once i bought it and after just one week i find that it doesn't work good and it has a serious problem it is stopped after i take it off from my hand by just one hour,

and i sent it to AHMED SEDDIQI 2 times to fix it and the problem still in this watch.

Believe me, i didn't buy any other brand cause i know very well that ROLEX is a Respectable and serious and good company,

i don't need this watch any more and i think AHMED SEDIQI should change this watch to me by another new one by the same model the same color,

This watch Is ROLEX with serial No. V842996, Caliber 3135, Reference no. : 116613LN/97203 010021.

I hope that you can help me in this bad situation,

THanks,

Dr. Ali Yousef
 6th of Nov, 2014 by   ALI YOUSEF 0 Votes
I am Dr.Ali Yousef from Egypt.

I bout a Rolex watch from AHMED SEDDIQI&SONS in Dubai at January 2014,