logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
2. (1 mins ago)
ACS Inc USA
Scammers
5. (10 mins ago)
TraderXP.com
Multiple denied withdrawl request, after stating I was approved by phone.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

RockAuto.com

Posted:    Bear

Poor service

RockAuto.com
On May 26, 2010 I purchased 2 ball joints MEVOTECT MK9643 from www.rockauto.com and I installed them on my 2000 Honda Accord. Shortly after the ball joints were installed, I noticed that the ball joint boots were falling off. I then ordered another pair of ball joints from www.rockauto.com on Aug 2, 2010. On October 11 I had my car by my mechanic and had him change the ball joints. While the car was on the lift, I gave the 2 new ball joints to the worker, and he told me that the boots were cracked on the new ball joints. I then purchased a pair of ball joints from the local supply shop. I now have 4 defective Mevotech ball joints which I paid for, plus shipping, and I had to pay my mechanic twice to change them. In addition I had to pay for the two ball joints from the local supply shop.

I do order from Rockauto.com because they offer a better price on most items. I have placed already 18 orders. Out of the 18 orders I had problems with 6. That is 1 out of 3 orders. Usually Rockauto.com is able to reach a satisfying silution. But in this case, I feel I should not have to pay not a penny, when I have recieved 4 defective parts, whether it was within 30 days, or 60 days.

That is 1 out of 3 orders bad. Beware when ordering. I do not mind ordering items for myself, but for my friends, I let them order from more reliable places. So far Rockauto has resolved all the issues, except this time I should not have to pay a penny for this problem.

Rockauto.com offered to refund me for the items, but I would have to pay the return shipping, and I would not get my original shipping refunded. Here is where I draw the line Rockauto, and I wanted people to know what they may go through.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More RockAuto.com complaints
RockAuto.com - Defective Merchandise

Comments

5th of Aug, 2012 by   Gregger 0 Votes
I have to agree with your assessment of Rock Auto. I think they sell old, returned, and incomplete parts. Maybe that is why they are cheaper than most. They've shipped me a bad radiator, replacement radiator was missing parts, and they charged me shipping to return the defective radiator. They've shipped me parts which were unpackaged, opened box, and wheel covers missing 8 of 10 plastic mounting nuts, which are part of the assembly. They refused to make good on the missing plastic mounting nuts, and that will be the last time I use RockAuto.
 15th of Nov, 2013 by   Noel Pabon 0 Votes
The same thing is happen to me; they have shipped a TPS sensor and in the box is a wrong part. I will not return the items
because I have to pay shiping charge two time.

Beware of Free Land Scam