logo

Vidanta
Timeshare Rip-off
5. (45 mins ago)
Geo Holiday/Timeshare
They refuse my dates I reserve

Consumer Tips & Tricks

RockAuto.com

Posted:    Bear

Poor service

RockAuto.com
On May 26, 2010 I purchased 2 ball joints MEVOTECT MK9643 from www.rockauto.com and I installed them on my 2000 Honda Accord. Shortly after the ball joints were installed, I noticed that the ball joint boots were falling off. I then ordered another pair of ball joints from www.rockauto.com on Aug 2, 2010. On October 11 I had my car by my mechanic and had him change the ball joints. While the car was on the lift, I gave the 2 new ball joints to the worker, and he told me that the boots were cracked on the new ball joints. I then purchased a pair of ball joints from the local supply shop. I now have 4 defective Mevotech ball joints which I paid for, plus shipping, and I had to pay my mechanic twice to change them. In addition I had to pay for the two ball joints from the local supply shop.

I do order from Rockauto.com because they offer a better price on most items. I have placed already 18 orders. Out of the 18 orders I had problems with 6. That is 1 out of 3 orders. Usually Rockauto.com is able to reach a satisfying silution. But in this case, I feel I should not have to pay not a penny, when I have recieved 4 defective parts, whether it was within 30 days, or 60 days.

That is 1 out of 3 orders bad. Beware when ordering. I do not mind ordering items for myself, but for my friends, I let them order from more reliable places. So far Rockauto has resolved all the issues, except this time I should not have to pay a penny for this problem.

Rockauto.com offered to refund me for the items, but I would have to pay the return shipping, and I would not get my original shipping refunded. Here is where I draw the line Rockauto, and I wanted people to know what they may go through.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More RockAuto.com complaints
RockAuto.com - Defective Merchandise

Comments

5th of Aug, 2012 by   Gregger 0 Votes
I have to agree with your assessment of Rock Auto. I think they sell old, returned, and incomplete parts. Maybe that is why they are cheaper than most. They've shipped me a bad radiator, replacement radiator was missing parts, and they charged me shipping to return the defective radiator. They've shipped me parts which were unpackaged, opened box, and wheel covers missing 8 of 10 plastic mounting nuts, which are part of the assembly. They refused to make good on the missing plastic mounting nuts, and that will be the last time I use RockAuto.
 15th of Nov, 2013 by   Noel Pabon 0 Votes
The same thing is happen to me; they have shipped a TPS sensor and in the box is a wrong part. I will not return the items
because I have to pay shiping charge two time.

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide