logo

Booking.com
False / misleading quotation
3. (45 mins ago)
Mango Pure
Cannot get ahold of company to cancel
4. (46 mins ago)
WHERE'S MY REBATE?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Robert Metzgar, Brentwood, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - Scammer in Nashville

Robert Metzgar Contacts & Informations

Robert Metzgar

Posted: 2012-04-16 by    djbewy

Scammer in Nashville

Capitol Management
Brentwood, Tennessee
capitolmanagement.com
Attention Indie Artists: Important warning about Robert Metzgar of Capitol Management Group and Platinum Universal Records. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SCAMMER AND HERE IS WHY. Wow can;t believe Robert Metzgar is still around scamming other music artists in Nashville. Amazing. I have worked with Mr. Metzgar and he is a liar. He did tell us that he worked for Universal Music Group and went so far as to say that if we paid money to LICENCE the songs then Universal Music Group in Canada was going to pay for all the production costs including recording and we were promised a meeting with UMG Canada and of course it never happened. I tried to contact the person which Mr. Metzgar said was the one interested in my artist and yet they never heard of her or Mr. Metzgar. They did not provide any funding whatsoever for any of the costs. Mr. Metzgar says he submits new artists to UMG all the time all over the US but because we were Canadian we had to deal with UMG Canada. He is well known for scamming many artists. He has been part of a tv investigation whereby he takes money from people who cannot sing and places them in the studio after paying him thousands of dollars. He tells the artists they are the best thing since sliced bread and that in turn makes many of them spend more with him for nothing. He promises to shop your album around once it;s done and also to set it up for sale in places like Walmart but once the funds are paid and the mickey mouse production is done, nothing more is done on Roberts part and in fact he says he did not say what he said. He does not sign the artist agreements and contracts, He tells all potential artists that he has worked with Elvis and helped to further his career. He told us that he worked with George Strait who is his good friend but he is not. In fact he told us to contact george to work with him and he was excited to work with the artist but he and his management had no idea who the artist was or who Mr. metzgar was. He does not pay the studio's he uses for his artists to record at and in fact has been banned from the studio due to him misleading the artists whom he signs and records. We were warned by the producer at the studio and two sound engineers that metzgar was a scammer and often lied to the artists about their singing ability and or their career sky rocketing as soon as the album is released. Metzgar promised to have cd's done including all graphic design etc but did nothing. We did it all. He did ask that he get a cut of sales but the album, according to radio, is nothing more than a glorified demo album and not worthy of radio. He had a videographer but he quit due to not being paid although Metzgar was getting money from the artists to pay for the video;s. His administrative staff quit after he stole over 30K from her after he approached her for a short term loan with no contract signed and based purely on a handshake. He then accused her of stealing from him when she called him on it. She witnessed him misleading people many times. He is currently working out of a hotel room as he has received threats and creditors are after him. I have had many artists contact me to see if he is as good as he seems and I have told him to run not walk as fast as they can away from this scammer. I would have responded sooner but I didn't see this post. My advice: Robert Metzgar is a scammer who will say and do whatever he need s to in order to line his own pockets. His contract meant nothing because it was completely fake. Thanks for the post and I hope this will sway others from dealing with him. In 2006 after waiting for the cd to be finished producing in NY, Metzgar said he had cancer and was given only months to live. Today he is still alive and well and even has his own facebook page. He is still saying artists are charting on charts which do not exist so he is still up to his old ways. Stay away from him.
Comments United States Model & Talent Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of May, 2012 by   tesnjes1 0 Votes
Thank you so much for coming forward and revealing the truth about this crook. I have been trying to obtain certain information from Metzgar for over a year now. I have not hired a lawyer but have consulted with one who adviced me to try to settle this out of court. Which is what I have been doing during this past year. He has not made it easy. I never threatened to sue him. I have only been asking for info. I filed an official complaint with the chamber of commerce and now Metzgar is intimidating me and threatening to sue me for harrassment which is completely false. He has even played the cancer patient card for sympathy. If anybody knows if Metzgar ever had an actual accountant working him dating all the way to 20 years please let me know if and how I might be able to contact that person. I know Metzgar has had many lawsuits and complaints filed against him. If anybody knows or honeslty believes he will be going out of business or no longer be able to run his business due to all his fraud I would appreciate any of that information due to the fact that I am all tapped financially as far as hiring an attorney for something I will probably never be able to obtain from Metzgar anyway. I will happily be able to let this go If I know Metzgar is no longer doing wrong to others.
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   Musics Friend 0 Votes
This is unfounded and written by someone that didnt get what they wanted to they threw a tantrum. Anyone can say anything they want about anyone this does not make it true. If all these other sare so readily avaialbale to tell this ONE person all this horrible stuff about Robert then why are they not on here backing him up? Also, Why is Dolly Parton Studios and the #1 top Music Lawyer in the industry so close a hand to laugh at this posting? I have known robert for 10+ yearsand seen him turn away artist because they just arent good enough. This is a person that was disappointed with the results of what he Music Industry can do NOT what Robert can do. He works hard, and honest, BUT he is not perfect and maybe whoever your artist was just could not cut it. Maybe they refused to do waht it took to get to the big prize. I can come up with alot of stories about you also even though we never met. This will not make them true and those who base thier judgement on this 1 posting of 1 unproven unhappy individual...frankly if your mind is that shallow...I dont want My Friend Robert to deal with you anyway. Its bad for business. The lying poster above with the personality defect, and attempt to hurt another with unfounded statements Obviously doesnt deserve what Robert has done for so many. 1 out of Thousands...Hey he's only human. Let his awards and Friends and music Family speak for it self. This is Cybor Bullying and no less. Just a load of crap from a bad person. Look into the Credible Record Of Robert Metzgar...not some random review by a lunitic.
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   Musics Friend 0 Votes
WOW? Where'd this come from? I am bothered by the above complaint. What Robert Metzgar are you speaking of? I have been close friends with Robert Metzgar of Capitol Management for most my life and Im in my 50's. I admit he is not perfect, NO ONE IS but he's a good man. He is honest to turn away an artist that just isnt good enough...I have seen MANY MANY walk out in tears. Not that he is heartless and mean, but the claim he will sign ANYONE? I call BS to that one!!! These "studios" you speak of...possibly thier work was not good and they faltered on a contract? So why would they be the ones to automatically be blieved to be "honest". If the product he produced was "bad demo" quality then possibly the scenerio went like this: Studio sucked, Robert Dropped them and now they are pissed. If ANY of these statements are true then as the above response stated...where are ALL these people that are so unhappy with him? And his Numerous Huge Awarded Credibility? How can so many others that are at the top of the industry be SO BLIND, SO WRONG? Yeah, Roberts a human alright. Im sure he has made some mistakes along the way, Im sure he hasnt been able to please EVERYONE. Look in the mirror, point your finger at him then look down at your hand...you got 3 pointing right back at you! Count the successes against the negative "review" noted here - just 1, oh yeah and the guy under it. Im sorry your angry and I hope you can resolve whatever issues you might have. But As the above defender stated 2 out of Thousands and Countless Hi Esteemed Public Awards speak much louder than these unproven ramblings of a pissed off customer. Remember Robert IS a Public Figure...CHECK THE FACTS FOLKS not the tabloid hype.
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   Defenderof theTRuth 0 Votes
 13th of Sep, 2013 by   Didn't take my song out of my heart 0 Votes
I was asked to be on TV program called Nashville Starseek. It was like todays American Idol but wasn't legit. I was to be given guidance by a record producer after my performance. It turned out to be Robert Metzgar. He offered me a contract on the spot. Being young and buying into his momma and daddy are so proud of him and how religious he was I signed on. It cost me almost $2000.00. I should have known better than to pay someone who thought I was so good but again I was young and internet searching for scammers wasn't a big thing back then so it goes. I began to feel like I might be in a scam when i went to Nashville to record. The producer of my cassette back then (lol) was legit (i've done my research on him). After I sang my first song and came out of the booth he said, "wow they finally sent one that can sing!" That was my first uhhh ohhhh somethings off. I then was sent a package saying i was up for all kinds of awards for song of the year, female artist of the year...blah blah blah. After buying gown, tux, hotel stay, and getting to the big event i started to notice that those who you bought tickets to get in to the event, videos of the event, programs of the event from were all people that were at the original program I sang on Nashville Starseek. It was all one big scam. One of the songs i was nominated for was sung by another artist on stage and she was up for the same award for it. LMBO!!! I had purchased the video of the night because I wanted evidence if I needed it. He was too good of a scammer for that. I was told the video man had an issue and they didn't turn out and the money was non-refundable. So I hopped in my car in Ohio and drove my happy butt to Nashville, TN and sat in his office all day and wasn't leaving until i got my $20.00 back. LOL..and yes indeed he finally agreed to give it to me. He didn't come to the office to face me his poor sweet secretary had to deal with me and hand me a $20.00 bill. I washed my hands of his label and the music industry. It's a shame how many dreams he's shattered. I still sing for corporate events, wedding, etc.so he didn't steal my song in my heart. Please do your research and I'm glad to see he still has friends or people who are in on his games to post the loving posts on here. One day he will meet his maker and if his parents are indeed the saints he played them up to be and are in heaven he wont be seeing them based on what my bible tells me. Good luck with your soul...I have forgiven you and your greed. I hope this helps anyone considering dealing with him.

Avoid Online Dating Scam!

Latest Groups