logo

Thief and liar

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Restaurant.com, Shelby Township, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Customer Service

Restaurant.com Contacts & Informations

Restaurant.com

Posted:    Phyllis

Restaurant.com
Shelby Township, Michigan
I have been ordering from Restaurant.com for the past several months and have enjoyed the savings at various local restaurants. For the recent holiday, however, I ordered 20 general gift certificates from this company and it has been a disaster ever since. When one of the recipients printed the certificate for a specific restaurant listed on restaurant.com's website and went to use it, the restaurant told them they no longer participated in the program. I have attempted many times through email to restaurant.com to resolve the issue but the person who responded to my numerous emails is incapable or unwilling to understand and rectify the problem. Her last response was that the certificate had been used but when I asked her to give me the name of the restaurant it was used at, she decided not to respond. They have lost a frequent customer as I will never deal with them again. In addition, I will caution everyone I know not to deal with them.

Comments United States Restaurants & Bars
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Nov, 2009 by   Brila 0 Votes
I completely agree their customer service is horrible I had an issue they told me I needed to take it up w/the restaurant but it was THEIR coupon I bought so it was THEIR problem!
 29th of Apr, 2011 by   suzidalal 0 Votes
you all are f'n idiots

How is it restaurant.com's fault that a particular restaurant won't accept it. It's the RESTAURANT'S fault. Second of all, it's not a coupon - it's a gift certificate.
 20th of May, 2011 by   e-squared 0 Votes
I've used many restaurant.com gift certs. On a couple of occasions, the restaurant refused to accept the coupon (both timed due to a dispute between the restaurant and restaurant.com). All it took was one email to restaurant.com customer support and they gave me enough credit to purchase another gift cert of equal value.

From reading the comments on this site, it does seem that they do seem to sell a load of goods to the restaurants. But, they do seem to take care of the consumers. Now, whenever I plan to use a restaurant.com gift cert, I call the restaurant BEFORE I leave home to ask if they still accept restaurant.com gift certs. That's alot better than having a very embarrassing situation at the END of a meal.

But, I have noticed that there is clearly resentment in the eyes of the restaurant managers and waiters whenever I pull out my restaurant.com gift cert. It looks like many restaurants sign up for the program and then regret it later only to discover that hundreds of certs have been sold already that must be honored.
 2nd of Jun, 2013 by   patrick r oy 0 Votes
Please, need your service for a claim from the restaurant. com This restaurant did not accepted the coupons, because, you stop serving him. That is watt he seed. Send me my $50.00 Thank you!
Patrick Roy 954 410 3848
 2nd of Jun, 2013 by   patrick r oy 0 Votes
It it gana be all like that? I have more coupons

How to Leave Your Car Lease Early