logo

TruTech T600-D DVD player
Broken at 7 months!
3. (5 mins ago)
Foopets.com
Joining this site will result in disappointment and frustration
4. (22 mins ago)
Rite Aid
false advertising
5. (27 mins ago)
FAIR COLLECTION AGENCY
THEY HAVE info on my credit report that I know nothing about

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Republic Tobacco L.P. Complaints & Reviews - Nasty stuff

Republic Tobacco L.P. Contacts & Informations

Republic Tobacco L.P.

Posted:    Rom

Nasty stuff

Drum Halfzware shag rolling tobacco is perhaps the worst quality of its kind I have ever encountered. Besides its high price, I found this shag to be lumpy, full of seeds, stems, eyes and was poorly mixed. I can find no bright in it at all. I can tell its been mechanically dried. Its taste is very dry with a very bitter bite and is quite harsh. I took it to my own tobacconist and shared some 'unlabeled' with him. He immediate ID'd as a halfzwere, but said it was the worst he'd tasted. Then, I showed him the brand. He then ordered his stock clerk to pull it off the shelf saying: "I was wondering why this stuff doesn't move. Now I know." I bought the mixture he gets from Denmark. It was a dollar more, and worth it. Drum, in my experience, is nasty stuff.

Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Jan, 2007 by   Shawn Weaver 0 Votes
I agree, Gambler Tobacco has fallen in quality, I am finding more roughage and stems. I have been buying this product for more than 2 years and since then in the past 6 months or so, I have been very unsatisfied with the quality of tobacco. I am going to look elsewhere for a better brand and quality of tobacco. I roll my own and have heard of a brand of tobacco named Rave. I hope that Republic has nothing to do with this name.

Shawn Weaver
 12th of May, 2007 by   nicole krueger 0 Votes
I do not like gambler tobacco, but i like the cigarette tubes better than any others up until now almost half of them are to small for the machine so i rip them or they don't fit. I have looked for a web site for the company it's self and cannot find one so i will have to go back to what i used before.
 14th of May, 2007 by   Brian McNair 0 Votes
I have been a long time user of Top cigarette tobacco, over two years and recently noticed the quality is going down hill fast(way to many long strems and lots of shake) Any ideas of a decent replacement Im tired of spend 3 dollars more and not getting what I paid for. I recently tried Kentucky Smooth and that was just as good but wondered what others opinions were.
 17th of May, 2007 by   Ken Boston 0 Votes
Recently bought fresh bag of Gambler Ultra Light and noticed the taste was much harsher and stronger than previous product. Either they screwed up the mix or changed suppliers. I suspect all tobacco has been genetically altered. Can't find web site or e-mail for Republic to complain. Does anybody know of a brand that is claimed natural tobacco and tastes smooth?
 2nd of Jun, 2007 by   nik helpap 0 Votes
Taste like Marlboro lights its great way cheaper carton for 9 bucks total, good stuff
 26th of Jun, 2007 by   Tammy Whittenburg 0 Votes
I have been using Republic Tobacco L.P. product for about 3 years, but lately have been very disappointed. Stale and course tobacco, holes in the filter tubes and my rolling machine only lasted one day and broke.
 16th of Jul, 2007 by   Daryl Battle 0 Votes
I have been using Gambler tobacco for about 3 years now and been very happy until last month the bags I bought were full of stems and hard to roll I had to rebuild my rolling machine. This month I purchased more and was very satisfied until I reached the middle of the bag the rest was all shake. Checking the other bags I purchased they too are mostly all shake. What happen to the QUALITY of your product? I hate to change but I see no choice.
 31st of Aug, 2007 by   Danny Boy -1 Votes
I think all your complaints don't get to the root of the problem. You should instead reflect on why you're addicted and how you can stop killing yourself $1.99 at a time.
 13th of Sep, 2007 by   Tiffani -1 Votes
Here is the information that I found. I think we all should write/call and complain.
2301 Ravine Way
Glenview, IL 60025-7627
Tollfree# 800-288-8888
Phone# 847-832-9700
Fax# 847-832-9710

I hope this helps.
 12th of Oct, 2007 by   Brad Lozekar 0 Votes
I have been buying your filter tubes for over a year now, but my last box is 10% defects. The glue comes apart on them. I bought a box of 200 and 21 of them split open at the seam. About 3 months ago I switched from top tobacco to Bugler because the quality is better. Not as many sticks and shake. Now I will also be purchasing a different brand of tubes. You have noone to blame but yourself for poor quality.
 17th of Oct, 2007 by   Lisa 0 Votes
Here is a e-mail address that goes to Republic Tobacco, I found it on their website. info@rpbtob.com
 11th of Mar, 2008 by   Virgil Hollomon 0 Votes
I have been a smoker for over 30 years, and with the price increase over the past few years I have gone to rolling my own cigarettes. I have tried a number of different tobaccos, with-in the past 6 month I have noticed that Gamgler brand, (bag tobacco) has gone from a premium bag of long gran ,to 3/4 of a bag to fine tobacco. This fine tobacco dose not roll as well, or dase it stay in the tubes.

If somthing is not done about this soon, thay will lose another coustamer.

Sincerily,
Virgil Hollomon
Kalamazoo, Mi.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   Tim 0 Votes
Yep, that Gambler is still some nasty stuff. The moist texture is good, but it tastes terrible. Here is a good solution - http://www.customblends.com - they have various blends, farmer direct, additive free. Nearly all of their tobacco tastes 10 times better than commercial brands.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   krystle 0 Votes
When we started to roll our own smokes, my fiance choose to use the TOP tubes. Well the last box we bought, half of the box was crushed tubes and useless. I couldnt believe it and am very upset with the purchase.
 8th of Apr, 2008 by   September Fleury 0 Votes
The tobacco product I purchased today was extremely dry and crumbled when I took it out of the bag it wasn't moist like the other bags I have purchased in the past, what is going on with your company? Do you not want to keep your customers? I will switch to another tobacco if I keep getting bad tobacco, this is the fifth bag in the last 3 months. Your tubes are fine, but the tobacco is substandard, needs real improvement. Maybe your employee aren't really caring about who is getting your product. Start checking who is working for you.
 11th of Apr, 2008 by   Karen Few 0 Votes
i recently bought top 3/4 ox boxes and papers were not in the box and tobacco was stale will be last time i ever buy it bugler is much better in quality and how ya supposed to roll cigarettes with no papers ugghhhhhhhh
 19th of Apr, 2008 by   kenneth spicher 0 Votes
my tobacco was stale and it is just getting worst every time i buy it i am going to look for a another company if it doesnt get something done about the quality of your tobacco hope you will right this problem because i am a working man and count on getting what i pay for .
 19th of Apr, 2008 by   kenneth spicher 0 Votes
terrible product stale i work for what i need hope you will right this problem i use to get quality tobbacco from your company i will look else where if i have to if you dont care about what your product taste like or quality what happen to the consumer getting what they pay for?
 21st of Apr, 2008 by   eric 0 Votes
Hey ya'll try midnight special mmmmm good smoke its made by RJR AND ITS JUST A COUPLE BUCKS HIGHER THAN GAMBLER as far as the gambler tubes i think ill keep on usein thoes. I did run across some real nasty stuff the other day thow it's CALLED MCLINTOCK AND ALSO PREMIER BOTH MADE BY COMMONWEALTH BRANDS IT MIGHT BE GOOD STUFF IF IT WERE FRESH THAT STUFF WAS AS DRY AS CARDBOARD MIGHT HAVE BEEN AS FAR AS I KNOW... But now for the shocker I did try a box of OUR ADVERTISER.. dist by republic the same guys that make GAMBLER and that smoked real smooth too ya'll might wanna give that a try.
 23rd of May, 2008 by   Doreen 0 Votes
would anyone know of a electric cigarette machine that works.

Online-Fraud