logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
4. (10 mins ago)
aliwholesales.com
Seller is scam and he doesn’t deliver orders
5. (13 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Unfair tactics

Regional Acceptance Corp.
regionalacceptance.com
Regional Accep. Corp. practice unfair tactics. They do use scare tactics to force a payment out of you. Even when you try to get them to work with you they threaten you, call you at work and force you to do any thing, just to get your payment to them. No matter what the situation is they refuse to work with you. After 5 years of payments they are saying I am 3 months behind, which I am not. They are using late charges and unpaid interest as an excuse to say it is 90 days over.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Nov, 2008 by   calmandcool +2 Votes
Regional Acceptance Corporation uses fraudulent, deceptive, and unfair business practices in attempts to scare the customer and even their relatives. They pose as police officers, detectives, and have even spoofed my cell phone by posing as a relative with the relative's caller ID. I have reported them to the Federal Trade Commission as well as to the Florida Attorney General's Office and the FBI. They must not be allowed to continue this practice, whether the debt is legitimate or not.
 2nd of Feb, 2009 by   DollyAnonymous +1 Votes
Regional Acceptance is predatory lending at its finest. Its usual prey- people with bad credit. And they will call and harass whoever they can to get what they want from you. Not only that but their constant threat of repossession when a payment is barely two weeks overdue is undue force used by them to secure a payment. They are sharks. They threaten, bully, and extort the money from their customers like it doesn't matter. So long as Regional gets paid what difference does it make? They extend loans to people knowing that $344/mo for a car might not be feasible for a one income household. And when times are hard for that household who sends in what they can for the time being, Regional refuses that payment, demands your bank account information, and puts in a payment not what you were told they needed. And what can you do to stop them? Nothing because they say they'll take your car.
I hope this company is nvestigated. Especially their little tactic employed when trying to reach a customer. They call from several different phone numbers and flood your line. And then claim they are supervisors with no power to help. Odd.
Loan sharks. Predatory lenders. Asses.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   john +1 Votes
please anyone who reads this do not use this corp no matter what is said stay away from regional acc corp
 19th of Feb, 2009 by   Distressed +1 Votes
"RAC" collection practices are so illegal. They called my family, even my work!!! and discussed with details "the possible repossesion of our auto due to non-payment".
They called my kids, posing as police officers and detectives, asking questions of personal nature, like "Are your parents still married? Who drives the car?" my son was told our car would be posted as stolen if I didn't make a payment, and then, they would not work out any agreements or help you out in any matter.
They called our house at 6 AM and after 9 PM. The stress and embarrasment has been unbearable.
We initiated a lawsuit and surrendered our vehicle, regardless of our personal outcome, I sure hope our Legal System puts them in their place.
Our country's financial situation has affected so many of us, but we should never allow companies like Regional Acceptance Corporation to treat us like criminals.
 27th of Apr, 2009 by   Sgatrelle 0 Votes
Regional Acceptance repossessed my car even when I wasn't late on my payments and told me it was because I wasn't being responsible due to the fact my car was impounded due to parking tickets.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   fleabag1959 0 Votes
regional accepance are loan shark. they only have predatory loan. region accepance don't care about you or me, just about that one hunderd percent mark up.if you live in florida call, florida acron, they will tell the world about regional accepance. call your state leader, bbb, chamber, the news.don't let them run you over lets stand up as one and fight back. please make the call.lets get the word out about them, P.S make the call
 31st of Oct, 2009 by   NickFote 0 Votes
This is what I went through

I would like a phone call ASAP 484-886-6470 to discuss the type of "customer service" I received. I have a new loan with your company and over the past two years we have experienced terrible circumstances. I have been making payments on my loan as best I can, which has been late and I realize that. NO MATTER WHAT STATE MY ACCOUNT IS IN! DOES NOT GIVE YOUR PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO TALK TO CUSTOMERS THE WAY I WAS SPOKEN TODAY.
Two years ago as a police officer coming home from work my husband was hit by a 19 year old drunk, since his accident he had to give up his career as a police officer, we lost 3 of our 4 family pets and our roof was ripped off by a storm. It’s been awful.
The car accident is what led us to your company. We needed a car to replace the car that was ripped from us by the 19 year old idiot. I was working with Betsy Watkins ext 24220 she is a wonderful woman who was concerned about our situation and who was willing to help, and work with us until our settlement came. I was so grateful.

Until I met Mr. Pinder located at phone number 302-234-6300. by the sound of his muffled, broken english voice I could tell this person was uneducated, and attempting to recover debts from trash was his daily job.

I HOWEVER am NOT TRASH and the way he spoke to me was rude, ignorant and un called for. He raised his voice at me and then proceeded to ask me "Now What You Gonna DO" over the phone to me like I was some fucking hood rat, from the west side. I am educated and I hold a good job, and I fell on hard times and I am being talked to like this because I am trying to make payment and do the best I can.

No wonder people don’t call to make payments you have someone like Mr. Pinder working on your team. After begging to make a payment for the following Friday and being told, and I quote. "no Too late the car up for repo" I asked to speak with Ms. Watkins. Mr. Pinder then told me "It Don’t Matter, I sign her pappa work it don’t matter you want to speak wit her"
So now what? I get upset, which was the wrong thing to do with someone of no class because of course he just continued to treat me poorly. I then asked who his boss was and told me that his boss was the repo man and then he proceeded to tell me "I am sure he would love to speak wit you" After my husband got on the phone with Mr. Pinder and kissed his ass he suddenly was able to make a payment for Friday like I originally wanted.

IS THIS A GAME YOU PLAY WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS? DO YOU ENJOY GETTIING PEOPLE RILLED UP, GOOD HARD WORKING PEOPLE? IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT THEM? After this ordeal we have decided that when we get our settlement money, which I hope will be soon we, are getting rid of the car and NEVER doing business with your company again. no matter how bad someone’s credit is and no matter how bad the situation NO ONE should be spoken to the way we were talked to today! NO ONE and I will see to it that this doesn’t end here. I am sending this information to the better business Bura and also my local news.

I have been out of work most of the week with the H1N1 virus; Mr. Pinder had me so upset I was coughing to the point I couldn’t speak anymore. Which is why my husband took over the call. You and your company should be ashamed of yourselves.

In this day and age, no matter what, you need to give people the benefit of the doubt and look at the history and if they do pay but you know there struggling perhaps treat them with empathy.
Again I would like a phone call, I would like to discuss the phone call and I would like to encourage you to pull a tape of the conversation and I would be more than happy to go over that with you. No one deserves to be spoken to the way I was today NO ONE, and I want the world to know how you do business!

Sincerely
Nick Fote
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   BellaBoeleke 0 Votes
I totally agree. They just repo’d my car yesterday after being 4 weeks late. My husband was laid off since August and just started the first day of his new job yesterday. Fred Powers is his name to be exact, is the scum of the earth as well as Rhonda E. (supposedly an account executive with the worst ghetto mouth I've ever heard) These people again like all of you, harassed me and my co-workers on a daily basis, impersonated my family to call me at work for an emergency. They even came to my work, impersonated to the receptionist that my best friend "Gina" was here to see me. Talk about embarrassment. Yesterday before they repo'd the car; I spoke with FRED POWERS 866-380-9730 EXT 77295. Who we told that we could make a payment to be totally caught up in 2 days. Did the guy even have enough balls to say anything about repo? NO, course not, he just let us make this imaginary scheduled payment and said nothing of him coming in 3 hours to take the car. They have impersonated Verizon Wireless as well to tell me of some phony power outage and they needed more information from me etc.
Can we all please get together and start some kind of class action against these scum bags; is their some lawyer who is big enough out there to take them on?

For God sakes there are thousands of complaints to the FTC Myself included! And nothing is happening??? Can someone guide me in the write direction? I'll start one today!

Signed,
One pissed off Coloradan!
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   diamond_31 +1 Votes
Why can't anything be done with this company, couldn't there be a class action lawsuit set up? Has anyone sought legal action against them.. and if so, the solution? They are relentless, brutal and absolutely disgusting people! I understand collecting a debt however telling our parents and our children in depth that we are trash whom think we can take advantage of a reputable company and runaway with their money they are going to make us sorry and we will pay. I can not count how many times we were told we were beneath them and we needed to get our priorities straight and get the vehicle paid for immediately or they were going to a.) seize the vehicle, b.) garnish wages c.) notify our friends and family of our filth, inability and unwillingness to take care of our responsibilities. They also told us repeatedly that they did not care if we had to beg borrow or steal they didnt care how we came up with the money that we were just to get it and pay immediately or else they would arresst my husband and father in law and throw them in jail for grand theft auto. Mind you we had paid our bill on time every month for almost two years, my husband started suffering from severe headaches in June and attendance at work was off and in due to severe impairment. We got behind a month and half and then caught up. On september 9, he suffered from a ruptured brain aneurysm which almost cost him his life. I love the irony in it, they send these numerous notices out were here to work with you, we want to help, call us we can work this out... ONLY the ironic part you call and beg for help and explain the situation only to be belittled, demeaned, abused, ect. It is disgusting how they are allowed to talk and do talk to the customers. In september when we were going to miss our first payment i told them to come and take the truck, that we would not have the money for it, so come get it. They said "no, we want and will get our money" I called one other time when we knew that it was going to be a long term absence for my husband only to be demeaned further... so We were late for September (which I had made a partial payment, however they state that went to late charges) October, November and December. We Finally got a check in December I called them and told them that I could pay 2 and 1/2 months, leaving us one month behind and that I would post date a ck for two seperate times in two and four weeks from now. The lady went nuts telling us how "were filth on her shoes and were almost a year late, come september your going to owe 12months what you think bout that you proud your self, you disgust me, your disgusting so what you going to do bout it you going to do anything or just sit on your ass" I told her um its only december, and thats a far cry from 12months and she went dipshit, I have a bad heart and I was beyond exhausted I told her I didnt know what to do and i hope that karma comes around to bite her. How would these ppl feel if the shoe was on the other foot?? It is absolutely horrible that they do this and the real crime is that they get away with it. AND on top of it, they threatened to throw my husband and father in law in jail and let them rot!! Needless to say they have the vehicle, it is very difficult between myself and my husband precarious medical situation and needs we also have two young children whom suffer from severe allergies and asthma. Not having a vehicle is a ticking time bomb... we live in hickville. The house thats 50ft from the firehall burnt to the ground, waiting for an ambulance for either one of us, might as well sign our own death certificate. Good Ole' President Obama is giving away all this money for people who have sat home ran out their unemployment and not paid their mortgages to prevent foreclosures, thousands and thousands of dollars... what about us morons who are just scrapping and clinging to life barely able to hold on?? If anyone finds out anything or ever gets anywhere useful, please let me know. Thank you very, very much.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   HolbrookMakesSense 0 Votes
Maaybe all of you should pay your debts on time and quit BITCHING FOR FUCK'S SAKES. Everything I've heard seems to stem from delinquent actions on the part of the borrower. You slimy, self-righteous fools are the reasons our economy lost grip and sunk into fiscal recession. RAC seems to be doing you a favor by giving out a loan in which you are requesting, am i wrong? If I am, plese let me know... I would love to hear this. PAY YOUR FUCKING BILLS LIKE DECENT HARD WORKING FOLK WHOM MADE THIS NATION GREAT!! I live from paycheck to paycheck and work at a retail store and dont get harrassing calls, because you know why? Because I'm not a soggy democrat always looking for a handout oblivious to the fact that they themselves are the American Economy's own tapeworms, feeding on the feces of Socialism. FUCKING PARASITIC BOTTOMFEEDERS
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   Tfrazier 0 Votes
Um who ever made this last comment sayin regional is doin us a favor is a moron an ppl do go thru problems an difficultys sounds like this jerks from regional how foul there mouth is
 3rd of Aug, 2010 by   Not Pleased AT ALL 0 Votes
I'm going throught the same things you guys are going through and to make matters worse my mother help co-sign the car and when I was first getting the car they said I only needed her to help boost my credit up cause it was not enough even though my credit was not bad at all. My damn ass listen and now I stuck with a 2008 Accent that was worth 11, 00 and when I got it finance through Reg. it became 24, 00 what the hell! So when I tried to take the car back I they told me I was not able to and that I was breaking my contract and that my mother would pay dearly for me doing such a thing! Beening the wonderful person that I am I did'nt want my mother to go through this...what the hell was I thinking the have stress me out so much that I don;t know what ti do. They have seen people on my job the mess with me and come by my home late at night. I heard of a company named vehicle payment solution that help people that are dealing with companies like REg. has any one else heard of this company...are they worth looking into please let me know
 21st of Aug, 2010 by   Nae-Nae 0 Votes
If we all knew that this company was so shaddy, none of us would have signed the contract in the first place. After reading all of the bad complaints which we went through as well, some attorney should feel sorry for us and handle a class action law suit for us and put these crooks up under the jail house.
 28th of Aug, 2010 by   Tony in SC 0 Votes
I have not had any problems with Regional Acceptance Corporation since purchasing my car in 2007. I have paid my bills monthly and just paid off my loan and received my title in the mail. No one ever harrassed me or called me for any reasons. What I am looking for is any information on whom they use for an extended warranty for my vehicle.
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   WWOTW99 0 Votes
I had no choice but to be stuck with Regional Acceptance. Our local bank which has been a staple in our area since the early 1900's was forced to liquidate assests due to the recent downfall of banks. They sent us all the paperwork saying that our terms and conditions would remain exactly the same as they did with our previous bank. We had a 10 day grace period with no finance charges to pay the payment. We never went past that grace period so i have no idea what happened after but never once did i recieve a phone call stating our payment was 1 day past due or 3 days past due etc. We just always paid within that grace period and never had issues. Regional Acceptance starts calling any number they can find 1, 2, 3 days etc after your due date within the 10 day grace period they promised to keep. I have repeatedly told them they CANNOT call me at work and the still do. It doesnt matter if I tell them i will pay the payment on friday etc they continue to harrass you until you pay calling them "courtesy calls". So to all you people who claim its only dead beats or poor credit people who have them its a load of BS. I had no choice and now have stuck with them for the next 2 years until i pay off my loan and or can trade it in for a new car and get out from these A&&holes.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   2004 trailblazer 0 Votes
I had a car loan through Regional, and I must say, when my health condition forced me out of work or a while, Regional was very patient and worked with me. They reduced my payments through rollbacks. There are a lot of financial lenders that violates the fair debt collection act, but I can't say that my experience with Regional was such. I am not a Regional employee. I was a someone needing funding for a car loan and they delivered.
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   consumar 0 Votes
regional accepting corp charged me extra for making extra payments a two dollar service fee for every extra payment made
 11th of Dec, 2010 by   UNSATISFIED TEXAN 0 Votes
I PURCASED MY VEHICHLE IN MAY OF 2009 AND SINCE THEN I HAVE MADE 19 PAYMENTS ONLY TO FIND OUT THIS MONTH THAT THERE IS NO GRACE PERIOD-THAT EVERY REPPERABLE BANK OR FINACE COMPANY HAS I FOUND OUT THAT SINCE MY CAR PAYMENT IS DUE ON THE 19TH ON THE 20TH IF THEY HAVE NOT RECIEVED IT THEY START TO CHARGE ME 8.5O CENT A DAY TOWARDS "LATE CHARGES" AND ALSO A 25.OO LATE FEE ON THE 20TH AND 8.50 FOR EACH DAY AFTERWARD UNTIL THE PAYMENT IS MADE SO IN ALL REALITY I HAVE PAID IN 19MONTHS OR WHATEVER THERE FIQURES WERE OVER 1100.OO IN LATE FEES AND SOMEHOW NOW THEY ARE SHOWING MY ACCOUNT AS 90 DAYS DELIQUENT EVEN THOUGH I MADE A PAYMENT LAST WEEK!! WHAT A FUCKING BUNCH OF CROOKS AND THEY CALL THEMSELVES A FINANCE COMPANY??!! WELL IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS I AM GOING TO SEE WHAT I CAN COME UP WITH TO PAY THEM OFF IF I CANT IN THE NEXT 60 DAYS IMA LET THEM HAVE THE FUCKING CAR BACK MY CREDIT WAS POOR ANYWAY SO HAVING THEM COUNTING MY PAYMENT LATE EVERYMONTH HASNT HELPED MY CREDIT SCORE ANYWAY SO IM SURE A REPO WANT HURT ME ANYWAY! THEY ARE LEGA LOAN SHARKS THAT DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE CUSTOMER OR THE AMT OF CARS THEY REPO THEY JUST WANT YOU TO GET THE CAR PAY FOR IT A WHILE AND TAKE IT BACK AND RESALE IT AGAIN TO THE NEXT UNSUSPECTING HARD WORKING AMERICAN CITIZEN! THIS IS BAD PUBLICITY FOR THEM AS COMPANY I WOULDNT RECOMMEND THEM TO A FUCKING DOG FOR A FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE! THEY WILL GET THERES AND I FEEL THEY WILL GO BANKRUPT IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS, AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! 2011 IS GONNA BE BETTER FOR ME AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT THEY ARE SCANDELING EVERYDAY!
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   rebeccablumer 0 Votes
My friend purchased a vehicle with RAC. I was the co-signer. I received a phone call from a guy named Miguel from 4042792923. Right off the bat he started yelling at me about being late. This is the first time I heard anything about a payment not being made. I know that my friend had fell on some hard times and I can see how a payment might be late. The payment was due on Dec 20, 2010. Today is Jan 17, 2011. They told me she is over 30 days past due and would repossess the vehicle. I was very calm and told Miguel to please calm down and stop yelling at me. He continued and told me he would keep yelling at me and giving me attitude unless I pay him the past due and upcoming payment right then. I told him that I would speak with the applicant on the loan, since I am the co-signer and get back to him. He told me he would send someone to my house and repossess the car today. I told him that I did not appreciate his threats and I know my rights, since I am a current law student and specializing in victim advocacy. I requested that he no longer call me or my friend and that all further communication be made via mail. He told me he would do one better and send his representatives to my house and force me to pay. I asked to speak to his supervisor. He told me he was the collections manager. I told him that I would file a better business bureau complaint and request the resolution be that he is fired and that I can receive up to $1000.00 for his tactics. If I find others willing to go in on a class action suit against his company we can receive up to $500, 000.00 or 1 % of the companies assets, which ever is less. He told me his representatives would go to my house and stay until they get the car or I pay. I filed a complaint and then called the company directly and spoke to a representative. I told him to note on the account the BBB complain number of 11064321 and that I would file a law suit if these practices continue. He told me that if I request no further phone calls be made he would sent representatives to my job and to speak to my references. I told him I know the law and he can not do that. He can not speak about the case he can only request the phone number or address of myself or my friend who is on the loan. He can also only contact them one time. He said that is not true, and I said yes it is, according to federal law. If anyone wants to get in on the class action suit, please email me at rebeccablumer@yahoo.com. In the subject line please put "RAC Class Action Suit". This company needs to be shut down and the victims need to be compensated.
 23rd of Jan, 2011 by   Monty01 0 Votes
I had a car loan with RAC. They are jerks. My car was totaled by my insurance company due to my neighbor's car being set on fire and the damage my car sustained being parked next to her vehicle and they kept calling for their payment! I called and explained to them that the car was totaled and the insurance company was going to pay them the balance and if not my GAP insurance coverage was going to pay them. They called me on the phone several times after this and the lady would tell me that I had to make the payment. I told her she could get bent. I wasn't going to pay for a car that I didn't even have in my possession. That is like throwing money in the trash and I am not one to just throw money away! I again explained to her the circumstances and she stated she did not care. I still needed to make a payment of 119 dollars. My payment was made regularly and I always paid extra. I told her that I didn't think I should have to pay the company for a vehicle that was totaled. And instead of trying to talk to me she just said I'm going to note on your account that you're unwilling to make the payment. I told her to type whatever she wanted into her computer. They received the payment from my insurance company and from the GAP insurance. I calculated the totals and now they owe me 77 dollars. I'm still waiting for my payment!!

Jury Duty Fraud Prevention Tips