logo

2. (12 mins ago)
HireRight
Background check
3. (15 mins ago)
Education Credentials Evaluators, Inc.
Transcript Evaluation
4. (16 mins ago)
ASK NOW
STOLE MONEY
5. (21 mins ago)
Skycare ehr
Misleading product ( electronic medical records )

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

RegCure Software Complaints & Reviews - Regcure Software killed my PC!

RegCure Software Contacts & Informations

RegCure Software

Posted:    Valerie

Regcure Software killed my PC!

Complaint Rating:  97 % with 1930 votes
I went on the Internet to find something to improve the poor performance of my computer. Regcure promised to repair all of the problems on my computer, so I purchased it and downloaded the program. After running the program my computer would boot up OK but none of my programs would work. I kept getting messages that said "Winsock2 needs to be installed on this computer" and IHPIPAPI.DLL file is not functioning. When I tried to go to the Internet to report theses problems I discovered that I was no longer able to access the Internet. I am not a computer geek so I depend on the products I purchase from the Internet to maintain my computer. I am making this report on my son’s computer since mine no longer works. I went online to support@regcure.com and reported my problem. I got no response. So I e-mailed them at sales@regcure.com and asked them to refund my money. I still have not received a response. I am reporting this in the hopes that I might save some poor sucker from loosing the use of his/her computer as I have.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2007 by   DH1 0 Votes
Apparently RegCure ain't all that popular. Been searching for an email to ask for a refund myself and all I've found, so far, are unhappy people who can't get a refund. Their site says "60 day money-back guarantee" but I had no luck in finding that option on any of their sites (unlike "Clean My PC").

I was very careful with their cleaner and had no problems with it but the program itself just won't work anymore (after 2 weeks).

If someone could post an email or phone number for RegCure refunds, that they actually respond to, I'd be grateful.

Thanks
 4th of Feb, 2007 by   DH1 0 Votes
UPDATE: There is a form for refunds at: http://www.clickbank.com/customer_service.html if you were billed by them.
 15th of Feb, 2007 by   MandyC 0 Votes
I got scammed by Regcure I think. I followed a link to get a Free analysis of my computer and it came up with 1111 things that needed fixing but said that the free version would only fix the fonts and temp files (well I can do that myself) so just out of interest as to what they charge I followed the Buy Now link. It said $29 so I worked out that was about £15 UK. I wasn't sure so, stupidly, I clicked on buy with Paypal (because Paypal usually give you the UK conversion) anyway the outcome was that I found I had paid for it plus $5.75 tax which came to £18 UK.

I know I was stupid to go that far when I had no intention of buying it - I just kept waiting for Paypal to tell me what the UK price was but then it was too late and they never did!!

I haven't had any problems with it but I find it difficult to understand why if I run it several times it comes up with more errors when it says it has fixed them all? I run Regcure, it says Errors Fixed, then I run it again and there are still more errors even though I haven't opened or run any other programs.

Also, it says I have only bought the license for 1 year which I thought it was a one-off payment.

Regcure also seem to have a total monopoly of Google, having put in all the keywords like scam, etc. themselves - I had to go through 6 pages of Google to find this link because all the others lead directly back to Regcure.

I feel angry with myself for being so stupid and getting sucked in.
 18th of Feb, 2007 by   1guest 0 Votes
I installed RegCure 4.6 to fix long delays during Windows start-up. Not only it did NOT fixed them, it also messed up the registry, now I am unable to run BootVis.

Additionally I can report following problems after running RegCure:
Changed display settings (screen saver, appearance, effects)
Changed windows explorer settings (folder options, also no longer can I resize “open file” window)
Changed internet connection settings
Changed Media player setting (can’t play *.vnw and *.mp3 files)
WinZip no longer functional

I noticed these things within hours after running RegCure. And I suspect the list of problems will grow much bigger and most likely will force me to reinstall windows.

I can also confirm what MandyC says above: RegCure comes up with new errors after saying it has fixed all errors.

I do not recommend this software. I would not install it on my computer ever again (even if you paid me).
 23rd of Feb, 2007 by   Donna L Armstrong 0 Votes
I purchased Regcure package for $39.90 yesterday, put in license number given when order was complete, kept giving invalid number, wrote to Regcure , they replied by saying they would get back to me yesterday, no one did.

So I want you to credit my money back to my account and I'll just go to Walmart or Office Max and purchase my kit from them.

I am not happen with being left without a response, not good for business in my opinion.
 2nd of Mar, 2007 by   Kevin 0 Votes
Regcure is not recommended. I get an error message 1706 when I run Regcure and then reboot, and there is another error "PanoStandalone" which has to do with HP photo software. I had to uninstall and then reinstall the HP software in order to fix this. This happened again, so somehow Regcure affects some installed programs. I assume the problem will be bigger when you have a computer with more programs on it. I also e-mailed Regcure multiple times with NO RESPONSE. How disappointing. I will try the http://www.clickbank.com/customer_service.html link to see if I can get my money back. on top of all of this, my computer actually runs a little slower on some sites, such as Amazon.com.
 9th of Mar, 2007 by   Mortimer Price 0 Votes
I have had numerous problems with 2 PCs ever since I purchased & installed a 2 user license of RegCure this morning. The problems are the same on both PCs - messages with programs that are looking to be installed, other programs no longer working.

I should have known better - At the very least any software that modifies Windows Registry entries MUST offer to make a backup of the Registry before it makes any changes. It seems RegCure assumes that it knows all the possible permutations & combinations of program installations & registry updates they make - and then believes, WITHOUT ANY SAFEGUARDS, it can just make changes itself & everything will work better.

I have come across several forums & noticeboards complaining about this product - most well hidden by the publisher's decision to use all possible complaint terms in its on-line marketing. Given the issues with the prouct I have to assume this is a deliberate ploy. If they were a drug company some people would be very ill by now with mounting law suits in the wings.

For anyone who want to speak directly to "Pareto Logic" - the publishers of the software - their details are:

Pareto Logic
1827 Fort St.
Victoria, BC Canada, V8R 1J6
Phone: 250-370-9229

Please post any results / response from the company.

I will be calling them as soon as their office opens.....
 13th of Mar, 2007 by   Richard Warmington 0 Votes
Add another dissatisfied customer to the list!!

It doesn't work. The online support doesn't support. And RegCure seems to act as a "dialer" on my PC.

Now removed - and good riddance!!
 22nd of Mar, 2007 by   Sylvia Stanley 0 Votes
I fully agree with the complaints about RegCure. It did nothing for me. My PC - a Dell Laptop running Windows XP - used to take 4 minutes to start up. After running RegCure the PC now takes 5 minutes to start up. All my programs run just as slowly as before. Each time I reboot RegCure says that I have new errors in my PC. I spent over 36 USD (including European Value added Tax) on this software and it hasn't helped me at all.
 28th of Mar, 2007 by   HuwD 0 Votes
It sounds like my problem has saved my pc. I have paid for the program by pay pal but i haven't got a license code so i can't use the dam thing. I normally really check out products before i buy them but was having serious problems with the pc so was desperate to get it sorted. Never again. I will now have to go through the hassle of getting my money back from paypal.
 4th of Apr, 2007 by   Entropy 0 Votes
Regcure is VERY shady company. They seem to be pumping all their efforts into their marketing team and not in their product or customer service for that matter. This is made most obvious by the fact that they seem to be using a common mis-directing marketing tactic by 'Google-Juicing' (see Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_juice) their main web page and several fake self-promoting 'software review' web pages owned by them so that any unsuspecting individual will see these pages first in a given google search. We could, of course with enough people involved, return the favor by entering in thousands of google search requests for 'regcure' (etc.) and then selecting this review page from the results. With enough effort, this page will start creeping to the top of the search list hopefully warning others.
 8th of Apr, 2007 by   Paul Celli 0 Votes
Ran RegCure and had to reinstall windows. I run XP Pro x64 version and it fubar'd it completely. I'm going to follow the get my money back link above and clean it the old fashioned way.
 8th of Apr, 2007 by   doobieDoo 0 Votes
For all anyone who like get revenge, this is the way :

1-Share your regcure exe file with purshased serial in a P2P client.
2-send your serial number to a warez board.
3-send an e-mail that you will do this thing if the will not give you back your money.

I'm sure if you do one of 2 first thing, you will get your revenge :-)
 10th of Apr, 2007 by   Jim Feil 0 Votes
RegCure is as bad as everyone says it is. Avoid it like the plague. Total waste of money with no contact info or phone number available. I have 4 words for them: US Attorney General's Office
 10th of Apr, 2007 by   Ricardo L.Mandil 0 Votes
Two days ago i bought the software regcure, the price publish was 29,90 dollars, when i received the charge in my Visa was 39,90.- I dont now why, it seam to me that I was cheated. Immediately I sent a mail
complaining but no answer. I believed in a respected company?
 11th of Apr, 2007 by   Curt Bostic 0 Votes
Regcure company did nothing for me other than make sure i had to put in my recovery cd and start over what a joke if i knew who to sue i would. Just because i cant stand a liar and a thief... I wished i had a phone # all i can say is save your money there crooks... Whats sad is i do not know how to get ahold of these people.
 17th of Apr, 2007 by   Patricia King 0 Votes
Paid to regcure download on my xp windows not satisfied with service.
 17th of Apr, 2007 by   Georges Beausoleil 0 Votes
J'ai fait l'installation de Regcure il y a une semaine et maintenant a chaque utilisation il m'indique que j'ai trop d'installation et que mon numéro clé n'est pas bon . J'ai essayé de communiquer avec Regcure mais je n'ai jamais de réponse.
 18th of Apr, 2007 by   Del W. Wray 0 Votes
Sub: Doesn't work made my system XP Inoperative

Purchased RegCure Online, downloaded and ran, it caused my system to freeze, could not properly turn off, had to unplug and reboot an use the Restore program. Have emailed 4 times no response, tried to contact ClinkBank and they too are not responding. Information they gave to contact them is bogus.
 18th of Apr, 2007 by   Natalie 0 Votes
I too purchased regcure online that lead me to believe there was a special offer of $9.99 so i proceeded with the payment which then turned into $39.90. I contacted them via there email support@regcure.com and within a few hours got an email apologizing for the miscommunication. I received my refund within 1o days through paypal so there is a light at the end of the refund tunnel. Good luck to all (while i used it in the mean time it did slightly improve my pc but slightly is not worth $40).

5 Tips to Pick the Right Hospital