logo

2. (12 mins ago)
ICICI Bank
Unable to COnfirm Payee while abroad
3. (14 mins ago)
yes loans and elephant loans
harrassment

RedBox

Posted: 2011-02-05 by    JMS1231

Unauthorized Charge

Pennsylvania
I rented 2 DVDs from Redbox on December 16, 2010. I returned them both on December 18, received a confirmation email and everything. Mid-January, I checked my credit card balance online before paying the bill and found I had a charge of $49.82 from Redbox. I called the customer service line and was told that one movie was returned on January 3rd and the second was never brought back. I argued, but they would not do anything. I tried to dispute the charge on my credit card, but they would not let me. Not once was I sent an email, or given a call from Redbox saying that my movies were not returned. I am a full-time college student working a part-time job. Obviously, if I wanted those movies enough, I would have purchased them for $17 each from Walmart or something and saved myself around $20. I am currently still trying to get my money back because they almost overdrafted my account by taking that much money from me. From reading other complaints on here, I can see that I'm not alone and that Redbox is a scam and needs to be shut down. I'll say one thing, I WILL get my money back, you can believe that. And I will make sure nobody I know ever rents from them again. They messed with the wrong person.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Sep, 2009 by   redbox_sucks 0 Votes
Redbox is a scam. They work fine but then they slap you with a $26 charge on your crdit card claiming that you never returned a DVD. I would know if I didnt return a dvd! Redbox offered $10 credit in exchange for the $26. NO THANKS! Redbox is a scam, and you only have recourse through your credit card company. Screw Redbox, I will never use them again. I like the idea of printing warning signs and sticking them to the boxes. These benign boxes look like a great idea at first, until they charge your card for keeping DVD's that you returned.
 6th of Aug, 2010 by   minnabee 0 Votes
I rented 2 movies from redbox one day and the following day went and returned them. Well its a month later and a charge of 26.00 has shown up on my debit card statement as pending. Well I called redbox customer service and they claimed one of the movies was never returned and they have no record showing that its been rented since. The representitive claimed they could do a one time credit of ten dollars but that was it.. I told her I was going to dispute the charge with my bank. She told me to go ahead and do that. What a scam redbox is!!
 21st of Aug, 2010 by   RedBox CSR +1 Votes
Redbox official poilicy is to due a one time full refund for situations like that. It's obvious you didn't return the movie, but that's beside the point.
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   RedBox CSR 0 Votes
You either didn't return the movie, or you returned it to a box that wasn't a RedBox... Learn to take responsibilty for your actions.
 24th of Feb, 2011 by   ne_gurl 0 Votes
Seriously, If you had the confirmation emails that the movies had been returned. Why not provide that to redbox to prove your case? With there not being a person there, it is definetly up to the consumer to make sure they get the proper info when returning movies. How is redbox suppose to know that you aren't some crook trying to rip them off. They aren't going to just take someone's word for it. Unfortunately, the burden of proof is on you!

Tips How to Wrap a Christmas Gift with Fabric