logo

Red Lobster Survey

Posted: 2011-10-14 by    fascarv3

spammed by ecoupons

Red Lobster
After a wonderful dining experience with my favorite restaurant, Red Lobster, our waiter told us to take a survey online for a chance to win 1, 000. We did and I suddenly have been spammed by something called ecoupons.
They were spamming me hourly for coupons from Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc., etc. I turned them in and after a week of horrid spamming they finally ceased, after repeated FTC complaints.
I emailed Red Lobster and told them I didn't appreciate it and Red Lobster has denied that it was from their site and said something to the effect that I shouldn't have signed up for ecoupons. I explained that I took their survey and it started immediately after I took it and since I didn't do anything else to warrant the barrage, it was from them.
Now, they claim I need to check my internet provider. I call BS. I have been online since 1994 so don't tell me I don't know where this stuff comes from. Red Lobster claims my privacy is important to them and I claim they sell you out.
They only spout what they are told to tell you when complaints are lodged and will no longer be called a devoted fan of Red Lobster.
Good job guys, I have regularly eaten there for over 27 years. More than 12 times a year. I no longer wish to do business with a company that has no respect for my privacy and basically tells me I don't know how to use the internet. Stupid move Red Lobster.

Comments United States Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2011 by   MICHAEL ZONONI 0 Votes
WENT TO YOUR STORE IN WETHERSFIELD CT I HAD BROIED SEAFOOD PLATER THE FLONDER WAS BAD COULD NOT EAT
MY FRIEND ALSO HAD THE SAME SHE COULD NOT EAT MY DAD HAD THE LOBSTER ROCK MUSSHY VERY DISAPOINTED
BILL CAME TO 68.00 FELT LIKE IT WAS NOT WORTH IT MICHAEL ZONONI 92 HEATHER LANE WINDSOR LOCKS CT 06096
 4th of May, 2012 by   Tash par 0 Votes
I've lost my receipt., I kept it not only because of the contest, but to make sure I thanked the lovely helpful and knowledgeable server who took care of us. Being a bartender myself I appreciated her thoughtfulness and suggestions (up selling). Thank -you Bren. We eat at this restaurant ( Bayfield St Barrie) all the time and would be more then happy if you were our server again.
 12th of Jun, 2012 by   Nana X8 0 Votes
I have been trying to complete the Red Lobster survey, and have been taken to numerous various sites, none of which is what I was trying to do. I would be more than happy to complete the survey if I could only "GET" to it. Thanks for the excellent food and service Red Lobster Naperville, IL - too bad I can't complete the survey to let everyone know.
 4th of Jul, 2012 by   kingfisher111 0 Votes
Had dinner at the Dickson City Pa. store the flounder looked and tasted like cheap ling
and besides that the waiter was very rude he gave me a lot of crap about ordering a baked potato with my meal
 17th of Feb, 2013 by   Sally Whelan 0 Votes
Saturday February the 15th I partook in a meal at your Red Lobster in Adrian Michigan. Not too sure I will go baack. It had always berern my favorite spot to eat but not after last night. The waitress acted goofy for one andf when we asked for more rolls she di bring them out with another order but we never got them. I spent thirty eight dollars for the Lobster dinner p;us a drink. The drink was fine-- the dinner was cold and the meat was very tough. The only thing on the plate that was warm was the mashed potatoes. Not satistied with the service or the meal at all.
 18th of Dec, 2013 by   Joe Santarsiero 0 Votes
On Sunday, November 15th, my wife and I visited the Red Lobster In Wilkes Barre, Pa to celebrate our 57th wedding anniversary and we ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer and it was fair, have had it previously and it was much better.
My wife ordered the lobster linguini alfredo and it was poor, I ordered the New Orleans salmon and when it was served it was burned not blackened, I took the burnt top off the 1st piece but the second piece was so hard it was disgusting. I showed this to our waitress and she agreed it was burned but said she could check and maybe take a few dollars off our bill or she could give us a free dessert.
I never complain about a meal unless it is gross and this was gross. She did not ask if I wanted to see a manager she just presented us with our bill and I am used to being asked to fill out the survey but she did not offer the receipt for me tpo do this.
We visit Red Lobster and Olive Garden very frequently at leat 1 or 2 times per month plus I go to the one in Dickson City, Pa. once per month for lunch with a friend. I have been to your new location in Swiftwater, pa.non three occasions in the last three months and was very pleased with the service and the meal and cleanliness of the restaurant..
I am very unhappy and will never visit this particular location again but I will make the 25 mile ride to Swiftwater because they are a class operation.
Thanks for listening and I hope that this comment prompts you to do something about the service i9n this particular location. The cook should not have sent this to the table and the server should not have served it. Also the Manager did visit other tables in our location but she did not approach our table.
Sicerely, Joe Santarsiero, ajsanta8@gmail.com