logo

Michael Ray - The Artist
scam for money
3. (38 mins ago)
Lal Kitab Aamrit
Fraud Pandit (GD Vashist)
4. (1 hr 1 mins ago)

Reach Local

Posted:    Alan

Bad service

Reach Local
Reach Local is an internet advertiser. The program does not work. They say you are paying to reach customers in your area, well we are in the North Shore section of Massachusetts and we were getting calls from California, Colorado

Florida Connecticut and everywhere else. We told them at the end of three months we were not happy and the salesgirl wanted to come in and show us what we were doing wrong!!! This is a program set up by them it was what they were doing wrong. We told her not to come in and just end our contract with them. They ended our contract 4 or 5 days into the month but charged us for a whole month $1600. . Lesson learned never give your credit card to an advertising company to automatically put the money on your credit card. We even have an email from them stating that we would have to pay the 4 or 5 days and we would receive the money back for the rest. They won't give us the money back. So don't fall into their trap this is a sleezy company.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Mar, 2009 by   Reach Local Refugee +3 Votes
I can confirm the sleaziness of Reach Local because I worked there in early 2008. This company has a very aggressive business model. They have been through a couple of rounds of venture funding and are racing towards going public. They burn and churn their sales people and put tremendous pressure on them to close deals... even to the extent of lying to get business. They treat their employees terribly. In my office, they started firing sales people less than three months into their employment if they weren't hitting very aggressive budget goals. Within one year of opening the office here, they'd turned the sales staff completely over.

As an advertising professional, I'm not sure what I was doing with a company like this. Maybe I was desperate for a job at the time. But I am so thankful to not work there and I feel sorry for the large number of small business owners who have been hood winked by this company.

Here's a joke: How do you know if a Reach Local employee is lying? Answer: You hear words coming from their mouths. Beware. Beware. Beware.
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   Dookie McAdams +2 Votes
I have a company in Toronto. Despite the fact that I made it clear that I was already doing a decent job of running an adwords campaign, they insisted that they would be able to improve my results. It's my fault for believing them. Their campaign was absolutely useless. It was a complete waste of money and now I have learned that it may have jeopardized my google ranking through their use of a proxy website (my ranking has, in fact, dropped.

These guys used high-pressure sales tactics, buffoonery and countless servings of bullshit. I have very little doubt that they're a scam and have had the same feedback from the one other (ex-) client of theirs that I know.
Do not sign on with this company.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   Susan D. +3 Votes
I completely agree that Reach Local is a scam. In fact Reach Local is the new version of a used car salesman. Before I started advertising with Reach Local I was running my own Adwords campaign and getting a good response. Then in June one of their sleazy sales people convinced me they had a better system and I could get a much better response and run my advertising acrosss all the other search engines. Now my business is a complete disaster, most of the clicks to my website were coming from outside of the area I told them I wanted to advertise in, my response dropped from 86 leads in a month to 7!!! and to make things worse Reach Local kept lying to me the whole time telling me to let their stupid software learn what was working. Well their software never worked because Reach Local kept displaying my ads for such general keywrods that we received large volumes of wasted traffic.

If you value your business do not allow Reach Local to get anywhere near your online marketing. The salespeople will lie to you as long as possible only to keep charging your credit card. They shouldn't be called "Reach Local" they should have been called "Reach Into Yout Pocket and Steal Your Hard Earned Money" Thanks for wasting $10800 of mine. Stay away from Reach Local they are scam artists and I don't know how they sleep at night.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   Chris B -2 Votes
After interviewing several "On-line " Marketing companies, we finally settled on Network Solutions, a company who has a great reputation and has been in business for years. I will never deal w/ a new start-up again!
 22nd of May, 2009 by   Internet Skeptic -2 Votes
You know as soon as you see "After interviewing several Online Marketing comapnies, we finally settled on Company X" as a comment in itself, it throws the legitimacy of all the other posts into question. How do we know that this isn't all a black-hat scheme by "Network Solutions".
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   scammed +3 Votes
I wish I would have read this before I signed with reach local!

"I feel sorry for the large number of small business owners who have been hood winked by this company"

I have a small strugling company thinking that they were the answer to help my business grow, boy was I wrong! I was using adwords for a fraction of the cost and making a profit off a minimal budget, spent around $1500 with reach local and made a whopping $20 whooo hooo! total rip off! total scam! DO NOT USE THEM!!!
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   myself 0 Votes
Go with Idearc Media Search Engine Marketing. They do not inflate the cost of the clicks, provide a dedicated account manager, and have more experience in the industry.
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   Donald +4 Votes
Reach Local Sucks! I was a rep for them and the company just plan sticks. Stay away from this company at all cost. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM and DO NOT USE THERE PRODUCTS. BE WARNED!!!

The product is over priced, it does not work and the management is horrible. Before you even think about working for them, just know that you will be fired just as quick. The training class I went to had 60 people in it. By the 5 month, there were 4 people left (Nation Wide) In my regional office, the first week i started a rep was fired. During my 6 months there, 1 person was fired every month.

THIS COMPANY STICKS ALL AROUND. THERE HIRING PRACTICES...is a JOKE! Just think about it people when a company MASS hire like REACH LOCAL...you better rest assure that they are going to MASS FIRE.

Lastly, The product or the services does not work. I can't tell you how many times I was selling this product and knowing it was not going to work. Sure enough, my clients did not but rightful complain and wanted out of their contract. STAY AWAY FROM REACH LOCAL and the used care SALESMEN by the name of NATHAN HANKS
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   scammed +2 Votes
reach local reps make commission off each click. they are a scam and will continue trash them until they no longer exist! TOTAL SCUM BAGS!!!
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   scammed +2 Votes
my rep was pretty persistent in the 1st month with emailing and phone calls weekly sometimes daily but in the 2nd month when the campaign didnt seem to be working (at all!) there was little or no contact other than "your next months payment is due on ?"
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   scammed 0 Votes
may as well google "reach local" and click on their sponsored links, it cost them money. just like they lost me money!
 14th of Jun, 2009 by   snarfalous +2 Votes
Reach Local have recently moved to the UK, and one of my client halted a very successful Adword campaign they had set up to go with Reach Local, my client (a cosmetic dentist) was getting between 5 and 10 enquiries per day with a spend of £1500, Reach Local advised a £2000 spend and in one month we have had a total of 8 enquiries, they ignored the campaign we had set up geared towards a specific aspect of cosmetic dentistry and launched a campaign based around the whole industry..

We have now halted dealings with them and are likely to end of taking them to court for making false claims.

I am an experienced organic SEO expert with 8 years organic and Adword experience and would advise anyone to avoid these 'cowboys' like the plague.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   Live and Learn with PPC -2 Votes
Business owners who invite "sales people" into their business should not be so willing to claim ignorance or being scammed, if they willingly with full forethought and knowledge sign an advertising agreement which is very specific to the Advertising Terms of Service.

Furthermore, I have personally managed my own PPC (pay per click) and this year have spent over $10, 000 in Google Ad Words. I also have paid more for ad words than I should due to my own mistakes and not properly monitoring or targeting the best key words or long tail key word phrases or geo coding. Google, Yahoo and the rest of the pay per click contenders realize their greatest profits on inexperienced users who don’t know or pay attention to what they are doing and who end up wasting thousands of dollars on useless PPC.

Ad Word programs are very costly if you don't know what the heck you are doing. Business owners who fail to use proper tools and analytics to daily monitor results will quickly drain away their ad spend to the delight of Google and Yahoo.

Unless you are highly skilled in using Google Analytics and other critical sophisticated monitoring tools, and are willing to put the time in monitoring results, (rather than running your business) to assure you’re hitting the right audience with high performing key words and long tail key word phrases, you stand to quickly drain away your ad spend dollars on useless clicks.

For this very reason, your odds of getting measurable positive results are significantly increased with professional management of your PPC program. Nevertheless, PPC programs are not 100% accurate due to ever changing technology, metrics and placement criteria of Google, Yahoo or MSN. You should never assume that Google, Yahoo or MSN do not ever have hick ups with delivery of PPC. We are dealing with fallible technology.

Moreover, print media advertising is either dead or dying. I have drastically cut all print media including yellow pages and have dedicated my advertising spend to PPC and www.yellowpages.com.

Thus far I am very happy with click conversions and new customers.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   Screwed by Reach Local  Best Advice +5 Votes
All I can Say is REACH LOCAL SUCKS! Stay far away from this company as an employee and client. YOU WILL BE BURNED!
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   MatthewB1234 -2 Votes
Donald you sound like a disgruntled Ex employee (did you resign or get the boot ?) why where you selling campaigns that you knew were not going to work it the first place. Its your obligation as an employee to educate the market, Meaning: if you know a campaign isnt going to be successful from the start you should inform the advertiser and walk away from the business. (Ethics)

As for the aggressive recruitment of employees, its sounds as if reachlocal as any other growing company are looking for high calibre consultants; hence the hiring/ firing of consultants so quickly.

Lastly for a product that apparently doesn't work, they seem to be expanding quicker then most US companies right now or is that fictional too ??
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   mikeOneIms -2 Votes
Hey guys check out ClickXPosure.com NO COMMITMENTS! We are so confident you will be happy with our work that we don't believe in contracts! Everyone on our team is a Google expert. Call us and hear us out.
 27th of Jul, 2009 by   blueyed devil +2 Votes
I agree 100% with everyone, well not everyone Mathew 1234 seems to be a manger of Reachlocal. Shame shame shame
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   Little Birdie -2 Votes
Actually, Google AdWords only gets you about 20-30 % of online traffic where-as if you have an optimized (by a white hat company of course) website you will actually see 70-80% of search engine user traffic. And, you won't be paying per click. Just some useful information for business owners.
 19th of Aug, 2009 by   OhioABC.com -2 Votes
It is sad that some companies give the whole bunch a bad rap. Go to www.ohioabc.com. For $55/ mo you get a website, SEO campaign (not PPC$$$) on Google, Yahoo MSN, AOL, YellowPages, YellowBook and about 40 other search engines, discounts to over 100 national companies that business owners use everyday, business information and much more. There is no one in the market that can touch what we are doing for small businesses. You really have nothing to lose by giving us a shot.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   scammed -1 Votes
i'm over it now but no way in H E double hockey sticks would i recommend this company!

Advice From 1998 - Bottled Water