Rainbow Air Purifier

Posted:

Scam

rainbow
I filled out one of those "contest" drawing boxes calling cards.The type you see in little chick-n-wing in and outs attached to gas stations.I waited for the phone call-came about a week or so later.I won the little "mini" rainbow!I then made an appointment for two gentlemen to come and bring it to us(and to watch a demonstration on the one that is not free).When they came they were very polite and presented us with our prize!They even did a small demo about all the good things it does=very neat!I took my prize into the next room per their suggestion so they could get set up in the main room.They seemed pretty disapointed that we have no carpet and all tile.So they showed us how awesome the big one was and it was pretty awesome but could'nt do better than our floor steamer.They really wanted us to have a vacum cleaner.My wife and I both had little mini orgasms to ourselves every time a look of confusion and disapointment came across their faces.All we had to do was just say no with no explanaition.It got pretty desperate and we made it drag on and on for over three hours!This form of entertainment was way better than dinner and a movie-We got to stay home and eat an awesome dinner that I made in front of a couple of clowns trying to perform circus tricks for our enjoyment-And they bring me a free gift!I kept going in the other room to marvel my prize and eat my food.He even called back today about some names I pulled out of my ass to put on a "friends" list.I just told him dude I was drunk as hell last night I have no idea -and then came in my pants a little as I hung up.I will put my name in the box again-And see if we can do this again.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam Contests

Comments

15th of Jan, 2011 by    +3 Votes
I enjoy my air purifier, it works great. The fact that you "tortured" those guys trying to do their job shows your maturity level. Grow up, people have to earn a living some how, even at if it's not the most ideal career.
 25th of Jun, 2011 by    +3 Votes
This complaint is not about a Rainbow air purifier. It is about the tactics of some vacuum cleaner salesmen. Let's be fair and file this complaint with the vacuum cleaner company.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Wow! @ smartyp4nts' comment. I'm a single mom who's a salesperson. I don't sell vacuum cleaners but you're cruel, mean, and ugly! These people have to put food on their tables and for you to act like that is terrible. Karma is a b@#$%. God will get you. Then we'll all be laughing at you.
 25th of Sep, 2012 by    +2 Votes
Rainbow is a very good product and helps people and their families live healthier lives. My best friend is a nurse and she told me that 1 TBSP of dust, dust mite poo can literally kill you. Not only does this product help create a cleaner environment it creates jobs for people struggling in an unsteady economy. Think about this people!!! Great product to help you be more healthy and create jobs. A win-win for everybody. You buy a car and you find a selling point from this salesman...so be kind to the salesman trying to help you in your life!
 3rd of Mar, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I agree with Concerned individual, the Rainbow is a really awesome product. It has helped me tremendously with my allergies inside my house and my car. I use to have really bad allergies during the winter months, but I don't have those issues any longer. It cleans very well, I'd say 1000x better than any air purifier/vacuum I have use in my life. The air feels definitely cleaner when I leave it on. I am really grateful I found something like this. I didn't mind the demo at all and really enjoyed watching it. It was entertaining and I bought one and my parents bought one. There is nothing like this on the market.
 8th of Jan, 2015 by    +2 Votes
Well, you can read reviews on 21stReviews before you buy any product so that you can better understand the features of product.
 2nd of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
As an owner of a rainbow office I know that the salesman just didn't take names as they are trained to prove these names are legit before handing over the free mini rainbow.
 18th of Jul, 2016 by    -1 Votes
I just accepted a full-time position as marketing director for one of the rainbow offices. I have been in sales my whole life but would never sell anything to a customer that i didnt believe in or was passionate about. 95% of my job is spent on the phone setting demo appointments for the dealers. These leads are generated by the potential customer during the demonstration. And when an appointment has been set by me it is given to the same dealer who did the rainbow demo, took the time to get the referrals from the potential customer, and worked hard at generating qualifying leads. My job is to reward that dealer for their hard work by setting a promising appointment that has a high potential of becoming a sale. I am fair, honest, and ethical and yes i make a financial % of their sale for setting the appointment but by booking the dealer a promising appointment I am financially helping the Dealer as well. Not to mention giving potential customers an option to live in a healthier environment by supplying cleaner air than what they are currently breathing in and are surrounded with. There is not one part of what i do that does not help somebody else or produce an end result that is not positive. So all u people who think that all sales people are bull**** artists can go screw!!
 18th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
Personally, I don't think all sales people are BS artists. I think the ones the ones who LIE are morally bankrupt. If you have to lie in order to make a sale, then yes, you are a con artist. If, when you call people, you are honest about who you are and what the appointment is really about, i.e. you aren't just saying they won a free prize when in reality it's all about demo'ing and then selling a product, then you have nothing to worry about. I happen to know the Rainbow is a good product, I had a roommate that had one and I enjoyed using hers. It's the same with Kirby though: an excellent product that is sold through very unscrupulous methods. These vacuums are also grossly overpriced. The markup is ridiculous. I would never buy a Kirby, Rainbow or any other brand that is sold via door knockers. If they want to get ethical about their sales methods and make their prices more realistic, i might consider buying. @Tdog11: you state you are new to your position. Why don't you come back here in about 6 weeks and update us on how positive and sunny you are feeling about your job.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree