logo

Radio Shack

Posted:

Cell Phone

Radioshack.com
I am a preexisting Sprint customer who decided to use my full upgrade for a cell phone from Radioshack.com. I paid the shipping and handling fee of $14.99 and received the phone in two days. The phone which looked new and broke four days after using it. I immediatedly called Radioshack to inform the phone was broken and they informed me to send it back via Fedex to their return dept. They asked if I wanted to exchange it for another cell phone, which I agreed. I packed everything the phone came with(manual, charger etc.) including the packing material. I scheduled a pick up for Fed Ex to get the return package. The return was received today and I get a email saying that I would be charged $50.00 for a damaged box. WTF???? I immediately called them to explain how was the box damaged and why was I being charge $50.00!!! The box it came with and shipping box was intact and not damaged whatsoever when i returned it. They couldn't explain how the box was damaged and said that the inspector noted this. I demanded to speak to higher management and canceled my exchange(why take the risk of being charged another $50.00 for a Cell Phone Box on if that phone breaks too ????) My sister also informed me that a couple of years ago she thought she purchased a new phone from Radioshack that also broke...turns out it was a refurbished phone!!!IF ANYONE IS THINKING OF USING RADIOSHACK FOR UPGRADE OR PURCHASING A CELL PHONE, DON'T BOTHER!!! You will get stiffed!!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
We sell refurbished phones but only a few. And then they say refurbished on the box. ALl the other ones come directly from the specific carrier. So it just seems like you all are picking shitty phones.

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Arrowhead Roofing
Their services are awful and not recommended
2. (7 mins ago)
Honolulu Towing Inc
Rude rep and they stole some stuff from me
3. (8 mins ago)
www.betterfx.co.uk
They haven’t provided any precise info about the exchange rate
4. (15 mins ago)