logo

Kirby Vacuums
Kirby sales tactics solution
2. (6 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
3. (28 mins ago)

Products made by MTD Contacts & Informations

Products made by MTD

Posted:    gramps89

below poor quality

Anything made by MTD is JUNK! We bought our mother a snowblower from sears (seasonal product) that she has used at the most 8 times. The bolts are now breaking off. This is an 73 old who uses it for her driveway! We bought a tiller at tractor supply. Used it to till the garden twice the first season for I use my dearly loved Stihl cultivator to keep weeds out and not a bigger tiller. The second season, a part broke, hubby fixed it. The third season, the part could NOT be repaired so called MTD...they more or less said sorry, nada thing we can do for you. Max of 10 tilling uses cost us nearly $700.00! Our lawn mower is sears brand craftsman...after purchasing and the wheels falling off the first season we found out MTD makes these. Sears fixed it but what I don't understand is why Sears and these other companies continue to let MTD make their products. Do research people, many brands that once made a name for themselves for a great product have been bought out by MTD and no longer reliable products. RESEARCH FIRST...just trying to keep someone else from spending hard earned money to throw it in the wolves den!
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2011 by   sspnelson 0 Votes
I recently bought a TroBilt tractor at Lowes. After two repairs in the first six months and the last one being in the shop for four weeks I found MTD could care less about the buyer. Plus the garbage Kohler engine, at one time used to be good. I will never buy a Troy Bilt anything, Nor MTD or anything with a Kohler engine. Seems MTD is taking teh Route of the American car maker or soon will be and then they may scratch theri head and wonder what happened.
I did call MTD their attitude was sorry dont care. I intend to notify Lowes of my dissatisfaction and then wonder if others complain if they would ever carry MTD made again. Thank God I bought the extended warranty.

Food Prices on the Rise