logo

Mike
Scam -Beware of Ms Jane from HK HUIAO TRADING CO., LIMITED
2. (1 hr 13 mins ago)
Tata Motors
Poor service and arrogant staff
3. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pro Fit Iron Gym Complaints & Reviews - Inquiry regarding safety wedge replacement

Pro Fit Iron Gym Contacts & Informations

Pro Fit Iron Gym

Posted:    FitJen

Inquiry regarding safety wedge replacement

Profit
tryirongym.com
My family and I recently moved causing the loss of our Iron Gym Safety Wedge. This is the piece that locks into the back of the door molding to stabilize the Iron Gym, so it does not fall. Trust me when I say, it will fall without it! My 2 year old was almost struck in the head by it, after I had just set it up in the door frame the other day. Today, I called the customer service number available on the Website (800)428-1600. I was on hold for 20 min. before anyone answered the line. I'm pretty patient, so I was alright with that. Then a young sounding man got on the line and I asked him about purchasing the two safety wedges (an extra to have a back-up). At first he did not know what I was talking about, so I was put on hold while he spoke with who he later said was his supervisor. After he understood what part I was asking about, I asked him again if I may purchase only that piece. I was put on hold again, this time when he returned to the line he said that he asked booth his supervisor and his manager, and was told that I cannot buy that part through customer service. He then told me that I could go back to wear I bought my Iron gym and buy another gym, why would I do that? The pull-up bar is not the problem, the missing part is the problem. I realize the company is in the money-making business, but that is completely ridiculous. Then I told that I would like for him to note my frustration with the policy. HE then stated that I could call the "warehouse" and asked someone there, if I could buy the part. The number he gave me for the "warehouse" is (877) 262-8889. I repeated the number back to him and he that it was correct. After hanging up, notably frustrated, I called the "warehouse" number. It belongs to a magazine company. GREAT Customer Service PRO-FIT. Obviously my complaint is limited to the fact that I cannot purchase this small part, but my complaint is that their recommendation was to purchase another gym, so that I could obtain the safety wedge, and the fact that the man tried to pacify me with another number to call, that obviously was a bogus number!
Comments United States Fitness / Exercise Equipment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jan, 2010 by   jody48 0 Votes
Got one last night. The iron part is fine. The safety wedge didn't slide in behind the frame. Had to *hammer* at it to get it in. Then, after it was in behind the frame, all of a sudden, it sprang off the wall! The part that was behind the frame snapped off and stayed behind the frame. The rest of it went flying. Went online to buy a replacement. No can do it seems! How silly is that????
 5th of May, 2010 by   Agitate 0 Votes
Sent for the ab straps and no straps came, plus no record of my order since I already sent the check I guess
I live to learn.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   Chris0024 0 Votes
I purchased an iron gym about 6 months ago. I weigh 205 and it has a rating of 300lbs. This thing is now bent from use and will not stay up on the wall. I loved using it every day, but now it is just collecting dust. I have talked to customer service and they refuse to do anything about it. This company is so fail. Subpar product in my opinion.
 20th of Feb, 2011 by   jojowho? 0 Votes
I was using the iron gym. Don't allow yourself to swing. My friend came over and we were both doing ab exercises. Each of us had a little swing in our leg ups. The safety piece did not break, but did bend. He fell almost on his head and took a few minutes to regain his breath. Don't even trust this safety piece. It's flimsy and is just a mental security feature, not a functioning one.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   Demomma 0 Votes
I just called needing a safety wedge and just purchased my IronGym from Walgreens. First I got put on hold and hung up on and then I called back and was told I have to take it back to Walgreen's due to not purchasing it on the phone or online. Whatever!!
Good think I am a packrat and kept the box and the receipt.
 18th of Mar, 2011 by   Agitate 0 Votes
Try using a couple of bent nails instead.
 2nd of Jan, 2012 by   Another Day In Paradise 0 Votes
Two weeks ago, I walked underneath the iron gym hanging from my friend's door and the thing fell on my head. There was bleeding (a lot of it) as one of the bolt heads had dug into my scalp. I went to the emergency room. I had a pretty bad concussion and still get headaches and lower back pain. I am told it will take some time to recover. I do not recommend this product. It is dangerous and there is no assurance that it will not fall down at any random time--it does not lock into place securely. El Cerrito, California 1/2/2012.
 9th of Jan, 2012 by   emerorwal 0 Votes
The safety wedge on my son's new Iron Gym cracked. I emailed them at the address from the web site (http://www.irongym.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1) which is help@ontelproducts.com. They responded the next business day and said they will send me a free wedge. I just sent them my address and I'll see if they ship me one. So far it seems promising.
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   emerorwal 0 Votes
I received my free replacement Safety Wedge today. They didn't even charge me shipping. So, from my experience I would say they had very good service.

4 Uncommon Ways to Earn More Cash