logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Achievers Point Knowledge Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Delay in Delivery
Unsolicited phone calls

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Prima Seal Complaints & Reviews - Close Prima seal down! They are a scam company!

Prima Seal Contacts & Informations

Prima Seal

Posted:    Kevin & Renee Amoruso

Close Prima seal down! They are a scam company!

I Wanted to let every customer know that Prima Seal is unethical and has fraudulent business practices. After completing an online questionnaire for replacement windows on the Andersen Windows website, we were contacted by Prima Seal for a free, in-home consultation. On February 7th, 2007, I was visited by Ken Alderfer, home improvement specialist, for Prima-Seal. During his visit, Ken explained the benefit of using Sunrise Windows over other competitors such as Andersen Windows, Pella, etc. Because my wife and I have never heard of Sunrise Windows, Ken provided us with a sales brochure and a demonstration highlighting the differences of competing windows. As a result of the demonstration, we were very impressed and extremely interested in purchasing windows from Sunrise Windows. However, because we were updating our kitchen with several contractors, we would make a purchase contingent upon our replacement windows being installed by the week of March 5, 2007. We were very clear and concise regarding the sensitivity of our time line. To our surprise, Ken explained this was a "slow time of year" and this would be no problem accommodating our deadline. Further, he offered a significant discount for the windows and arrived at a total price of $2,753 (with a required deposit of $1,427, paid by check). We ordered 3 windows: 1 Sunrise Window, 45 degree, Prima-Weld Bay window, with Colonial Grids. 1 Sunrise Window, Double Hung Window, measuring 35 X 35. 1 Sunrise Window, Slider Window.

Beginning on the week of 2/26, we began making calls to Prima-Seal to confirm our order was placed with Sunrise Windows and we were on target to meet our deadline. However, the representative we spoke to, Beth had no way of communicating with Ken Alderfer and we were referred to Brad Scott (later discovered his real name of Brad Sores) also other last name she goes by, owner of Prima-Seal. Throughout the next couple of weeks, we were informed by Brad the windows had been ordered and he was expecting delivery in the next few days. However, in every instance, he was unable to produce an order number or model number of windows being ordered on our behalf. As Brad, began to offer excuse after excuse, we decided to be proactive and contact the corporate headquarters of Sunrise Windows in Temperance, MI. Sunrise Windows had no record of any order being placed on our behalf. Further, we learned the company had severed ties with Prima-Seal in January 2007, mainly Brad Scott. Though the company did not offer details, the legal representation of the company was seeking action against Prima Seal. After learning of the news, we researched Prima-Seal on the Better Business Bureau. To our dismay, we discovered 11 complaints had been filed in the last 12 months, and 13 in the last 36 months. Also, his name is stated Brad Sores on the site, though in every conversation, he claimed his name was Brad Scott. Though the BBB lists this company with a "satisfactory record", we were very unhappy and proceeded to contact Brad with our findings. After informing him of our calls to Sunrise Windows and our findings on BBB, he stated he uses another local distributor to order his Sunrise Windows. Once again, he refused to provide contact information of his local distributor. Also, he stated he decided to sever ties with Sunrise Windows. Oddly enough, at the conclusion of this call on 3/6, he informed us our windows were in his warehouse and would be installed on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 between the hours of 10-11 AM EST. After calling the morning of 3/13, we were told Brad is on vacation and there is no delivery and installation scheduled at our home. As a result of his misinformation and false expectations, we have many conflicting schedules with our other contractors.

Given our issues, historical complaints via the Better Business Bureau, The Attorney General of PA & our attorney that sent a letter out to Brad and Sunrise Windows position against Brad Scott, we requested an immediate investigation into Prima Seal. We would like to be refunded our deposit of $1,427 immediately and this company to cease operations. It is disgusting and shocking with the number of formal complaints, this company is in good standing with the Better Business Bureau. I think it is very important to emphasize formal complaints. For an individual, like me, to take the time to investigate a company, make numerous calls during business hours, and research the process of filing a formal complaint is a statement of its own. In the last 12 months, an average of just under one complaint a month has been filed against Prima-Seal. I demand a formal investigation be launched into the fraudulent and unethical acts of ALL associated with Prima Seal. We just want our money back!! Be careful with his contracts!!!The contract does state Prima Seal does have 180 days to complete the project. Who in there right mind would wait 6 months for a window? However, if Sunrise Windows has severed the relationship with Prima Seal as of January 11, 2007, how could these windows be produced at all? After one month, Brad informed us he is using another contractor to purchase Sunrise Windows. This should have been disclosed at the point of sale to give us an opportunity to research that individual’s good standing with Sunrise Windows. When asked for this contractor’s information, Brad stated he was not permitted to release it. Most importantly, no where on the contract does it indicate Prima Seal’s right to use a third party. STAY AWAY FROM PRIMA SEAL...
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Nov, 2007 by   Xiaofeng 0 Votes
Hi:

I have had exactly the same experience with this complaint. I ordered 6 wood windows, and Ken was also the sale's man. I paid over $1400 deposit, and never got the windows. I contacted Prima-Seal for numerous time over half year, and finally after 2 years, I went to the small claim court. As this complaint said that Brat Scott, the name he used, lied to me all the time. The court rewarded me for the entire deposit plus the court cost, but I still haven't received any money yet. Now, I am contacting the court at Allentown, and hopefully I will get my money back. This is a fraud business, and they steal money!

xiaofeng.
 20th of Nov, 2007 by   Tyler Jones 0 Votes
Apparently people are now starting to get ripped off at Brad Scotts new company Creative Windows & More.. this guy needs to be locked up!

How to Deal with Penalty Charge Notices