logo

Turkish Airlines
Customer Relations Department
3. (21 mins ago)
leatherjacket.tv
They took too much and no delivery of the order
4. (42 mins ago)
UK Mail Group (formerly known as Business Post Group)
Worst Delivery Service in the UK
5. (1 hr 8 mins ago)
Magic loans
refusing to reply to messages left with them re-refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Dissatisfaction

Pride Mobility Corporation
www.pridemobility.com
I will be purchasing a new scooter for the 4th time in 5 years. I consider myself a "light" user in that I only use it 2-3 times per week for 2 hours per use. I use it for shopping, museum, or library usage. I don't think that this is a stress for a scooter. At over $1500.00 each time this is a hardship on my disability income. Do not buy a Sonic Pride scooter if you expect it to last beyond 3 years. This is "normal wear and tear duration" according to the company's customer service agent, Stephanie.
Comments United States Sports & Recreation
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Pride Mobility Corporation complaints
Pride Mobility Corporation - disability scooter

Comments

6th of Mar, 2009 by   Arlene Bloom 0 Votes
I purchased a Pride elite 3 wheel "Go Go" scooter just over a year ago but did not need to use it untill the middle of November, 2008. I can not walk at all now because of a bad knee which hopefully will be corrected some what in 6 months with Medicares help, have no insurance. Late Feburary, 2009 it would not hold a charge, purchased new batteries, now it is doing the 7 beeps and keeps stopping. Feel the older generation is being ripped off by these scooters, they do not hold up and are so expensive to repair!! It has never been out of my house and has been taken care of, guess I will have to go to a manual operated wheel chair as I can not afford to get it repaired, know it will cost more then I have! RIP OFF, DON'T BUY ONE. Arlene
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   T.D. Carter 0 Votes
I have not seen any complaints about Pride lift chairs. My mother purchased a lift chair
from a local medical supply distributor carrying Pride products. The purchase was made
Nov. 2005.
It has been a lemon from the git-go. The seat tilted to the left. The medical supply
company bent over backwards to correct the problem, and even installed a new seat
in it. Then the lift control mechanism went out and had to be replaced. It had a fault in it, determined by the main company itself. The chair creaks loudly when it is in
motion tilted backwards, and jerks from a slight tilt backwards to a more reclining position. It has been this way since it was delivered.
Because Medicare paid for the motorized portion, the local company cannot
reimburse my mother nor can they replace it!
I contacted the main Corporation, and NEVER heard back from them! The customer service representative told me that although they are the manufacturers, the
distributors are responsible for dealing with the customers AND the products!
In other words, they aren't going to do ANYTHING about it!
This notation is long overdue, but I am in and out of town, and now here at my mother's
place once and for all to deal with this issue.
I would strongly suggest that each and every one of us write our State Attorney General's
Consumer Affairs Office, and the U.S. Attorney General's Office, and get this Corporation
to be responsible for the products they manufacture, "distribute" to "dealers" and sluff off
any responsiblity for ripping off disabled consumers.
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   dyehard39 0 Votes
I got a Z-Chair paid for by Medicare and began to have problems 6 month later. First the battery lasted only 3 month and was checked out and replaces. Now after many complaints, I charged it overnight and it lost charge about 10 am and I have to stop every thing and charge it for several hours. I cannot do that since I cannot walk at all. It just came back from the company I bought it from and they said nothing was wrong with it. I charged it overnight and at 10am it went from two green light to blinking red light is 3 minutes and had to be pushed home from the garbage dump.
I have had it and I am first complaining to the maker, medicare and file a consumers report.
I have only had the chair a year and a half. This is a nightmare. It supposed to go 12 miles on a charge and do not even go a 1/2 mile. Battery has been checked out and is fine so there has to be a defect in the Chair.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   Lynneyvonn 0 Votes
I have had 3 Pride Go Go elite traveler scooters... NONE worked. I have had to go through BBB and have lawyers send letters... to no avail, and the staff in the Presidents office which whom I've had contact are EVIL!!! I've lost good hard earned money on their products, and they don't stand by them.

Their products are DOO DOO, and not worth the money. DO NOT BUY THEM, and tell EVERYONE you know NOT TO BUY THEM. INVACARE products are quite reliable.

Next step is back to BBB and then small claims court.

BEWARE OF PRIDE!

LYNNE
 20th of Dec, 2010 by   Lindy12 0 Votes
Check to see that there's a place that does repairs on your scooter BEFORE purchase. I bought the Pride Revo- sure they promised they would do all future repairs. NOT TRUE! One yer later, chair is broken with NO ONE to repair it. ofcourse the co I bought it from closed & changed names- which is very common! Be ware! If they are not in bus for many years & doing repairs- do not buy it!
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   Rick D wolter 0 Votes
I too have been riped off from pride. before my power chair ran our of warranty I took it to where I got it. payed by Medicare. Every thing they said was working fine. Now 2 months after warranty ran out the Right motor goes out. Tried to get them to help out with cost of motor. Pride response was too bad. You are out of luck. Now no chair until 2015 when I can a new one from Medicare . Just 60 days late. when that time comes around not a Pride that is for sure.

Rick
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   Lynneyvonn 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY PRIDE PRODUCTS!!! If you are in the market for a mobility scooter invest in an INVACARE scooter. I've had mine for 2 years of heavy use and it has held up beautifully, and NEVER EVER failed to get me where I needed to go.

Whatever you do though, stay AWAY from Pride.
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   Wolf Baines 0 Votes
I recently registered a complaint about a Pride Legend scooter, as well as Petersens Medical (in St George, UT) to Pride Mobility itself. I asked Pride Mobility to respond to my complaint, if they had any interset in customer dissatisfaction. Pride Mobity has made NO RESPONSE!!!
If you're looking for a handicapped scooter, I don't recommend Pride Mobility products unles you have a lot of money for high and unreasonable repairs!!! ** I FULLY SUPPORT and STANDBY MY STATEMENTS!!!
 19th of Dec, 2011 by   Lindaleer 0 Votes
I have a pride jazzy power chair and I am vert unhappy with it .It has wheels that stick out one foot from the chair and is very hard to move in small areas, the bumper also sticks out and is very sharp in fact it has ruined my walls in my hallway and my kitchen cabnet doors are almost cut in half my entrance doors are damaged my furniture is ruined from these sharp things, my feet and ankles have been twisted by the front wheels and not to mention that the arms always come loose and will not stay tightened I am really afraid to travel with this machine of distruction . It has caused more damage than I can repair, Please do not purchase a Pride mobility product .Lnda Reed Shasta Lake california
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   anoel 0 Votes
My Pride Jet 7 was in use about one year when things started going wrong. Just days after the warranty expired, I had to replace both batteries to the tune of $300.00 Then, it was the battery charger, again nearly 300.00. Last, the controller arm went bad. The response from the company where it was purchased was that the chair was obsolete, but--maybe they could find a spare one in one of their warehouses. Of course, the part was approximately $1200.00 and the labor charge was $27.50 per fifteen minutes. I would not have another Pride product !! One major thing I find lacking with this company is "pride" in their product.
 22nd of May, 2012 by   PRIDE CLEBRITY X SCOOTER 0 Votes
Be careful with a Pride purchase.I had 2 pride scooters over the past 17 years. Other than batteries I had no problems. Then Pride went with Chinese manufacturers for the new scooters. My problem is a clicking noise from the wheels. The local sales office now tells me all the scooters have the same problem. The solution is to swap the wheels and grease them. However, after 2 or 4 months the wheels start their clacking noise again.This noise is like putting a wooden clothes pin on a bike wheel. CLACK< CLACK all the time. Worst of all the sales firm knew of this problem and continued to sell to new customers. they tell me even if I put new wheels on the scooter the same problem will start after 2 to 3 months. Bad design, horrible support, no solution. My next step is to file a complaint with Medicare. Maybe they will stop funding future purchases if enough people complain ! -----JR Phoenix, Arizona 5/22/2012
 24th of May, 2012 by   Darlene from Moon 0 Votes
My Pride GoGo has that same clacking noise. I have the local dealer come out, and all he does is put some kind of grease on the wheels----at a charge of $115. I can't keep doing this every three months. It's just too expensive.
 14th of Apr, 2013 by   erikn 0 Votes
My Pride scooter (GoGo ultra X) was purchased second hand with every single part brand new. Ran great for two months now not so much.
Speed pot needed replacing two months after first getting scooter.
Throttle pot now needs replacing and possibly the controller (keep getting 9 beep codes when scooter is switched on occasionally). Frequent motor cut outs.
Useless pile of crap. Get another scooter from another company. No wonder I got this scooter so cheap - no one wants to touch them with ten foot poles. They're useless and won't hold up being bounced around on speedhumps and kerbs.
 3rd of May, 2013 by   david9 0 Votes
I have 2 Pride Revo units, one was bought new in 2010, so it is not that old. Just recently Pride has dis-continued making the Revo, but much worse, there are little to no parts available. Their vendors will not supply crucial parts anymore, and when I ask how to get in touch with the vendors for a response, I am in a knee-jerk response, told, "we do not give out the contact information for our vendors." The part that broke on my Revo was where the throttle tabs connect to the plastic lower shroud, which in time, (and Pride know, this as well as a whole lot of other things engineered to break and go to expensive repairs, ) due to normal stress, will break apart, rendering the unit un-useable. As in another comment, the higher up you go with trying to get a solution, the more evil the customer service reps become--with an attitude of "just go fly a kite". Even though a company should be required to supply parts for at least 7 years, according to the higher-up rep, that is only a "courtesy" that they are not honoring. The Revo is the largest selling unit, since around 2000 to the present, and so what are potentially millions of Revo owners nationally and around the world supposed to do, with units new and old when they need parts? According to the company, we should basically just "go shove it". This company needs to be made accountable for this totally callous and uncaring attitude. These units are not only one's "car" but one's total mobility inside and out, and this attitude should not be tolerated.
 3rd of Jun, 2013 by   Ketzel 0 Votes
I have a Gogo elite Travel Scooter. I had two warranty repairs - each time I was told it was somehow my fault. After about 9 months, I had to spend $200 to replace the battery. Now, after a year, it is inoperable without a $360 repair. When you connect the back wheels to the body, pins snap into holes. This connection is blind, so you can't see whether it is going in correctly. If it is not slipping in correctly, as I found out, a pin bends. The only repair is the expensive one of replacing the motor. Again, I'm told it was my fault, that I forced it. An easy design fix would be to make this electrical connection a separate plug from the physical connection of the two pieces. That would solve the difficulty of connecting blindly a delicate part. Something made to be constantly disassembled for travel should not be so delicate anyway. When I tried to tell Pride about the problem, they had no interest at all. They maintain that their design is perfect. Wouldn't you think that a company would want comments that would help them improve their product? Don't buy this. It is too delicate for even occasional use.

How to Save on Health Insurance