logo

Booking.com
False / misleading quotation
3. (35 mins ago)
Mango Pure
Cannot get ahold of company to cancel
4. (36 mins ago)

Fraud and scam

PriceLine.com
Phone: 800-774-2354
www.priceline.com
I booked a hotel room from the priceline.com web page, using the name your price feature. I requested 2 rooms, for 3 nights. I submitted my price request for a 2 star hotel. Here is what occurred when we checked in the room.

*The room was dirty, with stains all over the bathroom.
*We then found a used condom between the nightstand and the bed.

Upon seeing the appalling condition of the hotel, I left the room to report this to the management. When I walked out of the room to talk to the hotel management, I was approached by a man who aggressively requested money. I refused him and quickly went to the hotel reception. When I reached reception, no one was there. I waited for 20 minutes but no one was available at the front desk. I returned to the room.

When I returned to my room, there was a knock at the door. When I looked out the window, I did not know the person and did not answer. He began shouting at my door, asking if I had jumper-cables. I shouted back that I did not. He persisted and made a strange request and asked if I would go to my car and double check and see if I had cables. Again, I told him no. He then asked “if I find some jumper-cables, will you give me a jumpĀ?. I told him NO! I became concerned about the total lack of security and for the safety of my wife, daughter and myself.

We waited for the person to leave my door and then my family and I made a quick exit to our car. As I was driving out of the parking lot, another person (appeared to be another transient) jumped in front of my car trying to get us to stop. I backed up and drove around him and did not look back.

I prepaid $450.28 for a 2 star room. Later, I looked at the hotel that priceline booked for me and saw that it is a 1 star hotel and not the 2 star that had been contracted for. Upon leaving the hotel, I contacted priceline service and was told that there was nothing they could do. As we were desperate for a hotel, I booked a room with the priceline reservation group and paid with my credit card. I have repeatedly contact the priceline service reps, but have been met with evasive and obvious disinterest.

*I paid priceline for a 2 star hotel and was given a 1 star.

Upon reading the other horror stories in this forum about priceline.com, I feel that dealing with these people is hopeless.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2008 by   Mark 0 Votes
You should contest the charges on your credit card. I had similar expreience and contested charges and they denined the claim even tho there was no signature for the charge. . so don't use discover either.!!!
 26th of Jul, 2008 by   Bill Morton 0 Votes
We booked a hotel room through Priceline for our family, and requested 2 beds, but got a standard room with 1 king sized bed instead. Some how in the booking process Priceline swapped what we asked for. We didn't know this at first, but found this out when I called to complain that the "discounted" "name your own rate" price was actually *more* than the hotels own web-site showed! I called to complain about the price only to find out that my kids would have to sleep on the floor, because the room PL gave us only had a king sized bed. The customer service person at PL could have cared a less. She said that the contract clearly showed that we had purchased a standard room. But my eyes clearly remembered that we had booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children. After spending 45 minutes of the CS rep saying the same thing over and over and over again I finally gave up. I kept saying a standard room won't accomodate our family and our kids will have to sleep on the floor. She kept saying I didn't say your kids would have to sleep on the floor. I said you know that means four people in one bed. She said that is what you ordered. I said no I ordered 2 beds at a discounted price and got 1 bed at a price that is higher than the hotel charges, and round and round and round she went... I said the reason I'm calling customer service is to try to remedy a problem, not to be read the contract. But she never tried to rectify the situation. PL customer service people have no power to change anything. It's not really their fault. Once I realized this I gave up. Priceline is truely a sorry outfit. I called my Credit Union and they gave me the steps to dispute the charges. I will NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN! I've used Hotwire at least 20 times a year with about 90% satisfaction. On those occassions when there is a problem, the customer service reps eventually fix the problem; even when the problem is the hotel's. Don't be clotheslined by priceline.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   J.N 0 Votes
Just got scammed by Priceline. Placed and offer for a 3 star hotel only gave me a choice and booked me at the Holiday Inn automatically without confirmation or nothing. Never will use it again or recomend it.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   no more priceline 0 Votes
PLEASE BE WARE...
i have used priceline.com for years...recommended it to my friends...bragged about my great deals...UNFIRTUNATELY...i have just found out that through priceline.com..this company called GRAT FUN got my credit card $ that i used to book my hotels, etc.
I had seen this monthly charge on my credit card for $11.99 for awhile, but thot it was my husbands subscription, when i checked into it...and made the call to this GREAT FUN place..they told me they got my credit card number from priceline.com. I cntacted priceline .com and yes..they did give them my credit card number, but claim that I authorized this...I have never done this...the only thing i have used is priceline.com.
SO BEWARE...
as of today I no longer use priceline.com..and i hope you all follow my advise!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Priceline Master -1 Votes
please you get what you pay for. Priceline is a service not the hotel. So if it is a dump it's not pricelines fault blame it on the non american ran hotel. You wanna get it cheap then stop your whinning. I use priceline weekly and never an issue i book the hilton for $ 40.00 the marriott for $ 38.00 and several other well known hotels so get a clue and blame yourself for being a cheap skate
 18th of Aug, 2011 by   Not Takin' It! 0 Votes
This was the worst experience I have ever had with renting a car. It was not made clear on Priceline’s website that the company that accepted my offer (Alamo) did not take debit cards. I PAID for the car, but when I got to the counter to pick up my car THAT WAS ALREADY PAID FOR I was informed that I couldn't do it because Alamo does not take debit cards (this should be explained BEFORE a person pays for the car so they have the option to decline).

I was told by a Priceline customer service representative on that day that I could not get my money back until AFTER the LAST DAY of the rental (that never happened) and then it would be SEVEN DAYS AFTER that (totaling an ENTIRE MONTH).

The manager of Alamo talked to a Priceline representative on the phone after I did (that same day) and the representative told him that they would give me my refund by COB of that business day, so far no refund. Guess Priceline's word isn't so valid. This was a terrible, terrible experience because I should have received my refund IMMEDIATELY because 1) it was promised to me by a Priceline customer service representative and 2) because Priceline's website did not disclose that Alamo does not accept debit cards and give me an option to decline the transaction.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use this shady service. Next time I will just call my regular car rental company directly and get a "Priceline deal" (which is exactly what I did. I walked over to Budget, showed them my paperwork and got the deal - sans Priceline's scams.

Still waiting on my refund...
 25th of Nov, 2011 by   FBH1992 0 Votes
A letter I recently wrote to Priceline about a vacation I booked from Philly to Key West, Fl. The price was good, but they only booked flight from Philly to Miami - they refused to cancel or make good on the flight all the way to Miami:

I am writing you regarding a trip I booked on Priceline today from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Key West, Florida, leaving Tuesday, December 6, 2011, and returning to Philadelphia on Saturday, December 10, 2011. In addition to the flight, I booked a hotel stay at the Hotel Casa Marina in Key West. The booking information I input into your system was a flight from Philadelphia (PHL) to Key West (EYW). Your web page would not show me the full flight itinerary prior to booking, but stated that there may be 1 stop involved. Having flown from Philadelphia to Key West many times, I assumed the stop would be in Miami, with a changeover to a prop plane there for the last leg to Key West.

After booking and paying for the trip, I was finally able to view the full itinerary. The flight stops at Miami and does not continue on to Key West, which was my final destination. This is not what I asked for, nor my intended booking. I needed a flight all the way to Key West, not to Miami. I made several calls to your customer service center explaining your error, and requested the cancelation of the vacation package. I was told the package could not be cancelled without writing to you, SVP Lisa Gillingham, at Priceline.com, 800 Connecticut Ave., Norwalk, CT 06854.

Again, your booking is not what I requested from your site, and the failure to provide the full flight itinerary prior to booking is a material breach in the agreement for my vacation to Key West. The fact that I booked a hotel in Key West CLEARLY shows my intention and my expectation to have flight service all the way to Key West; I did not book a flight that will get me “almost to Key West.” If I book a trip to Paris, will I only make it to London if I book through Priceline.com?

Avoid Priceline.com like the plague! I'll never do business with them again. Please help me by doing the same: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Travel-websites-I-will-never-use-again/296310527069781
 16th of Jun, 2012 by   Nomo2 0 Votes
Priceline will change the date of your reservation and charge you. This is the cancellation policy; If cancelled or modified up to 15 days before date of arrival, a fixed amount of USD 50 will be charged. So if they change the reservation you will be charged $50 to change it back to what you originally asked for. If this isn't fraud then what is...
 17th of Jun, 2012 by   MYRAcomM 0 Votes
Priceline is a desperate company. They do not care about customers . Once u hit submit, they have your credit card, and will place u wherever they want u to stay, as well as lower star rating, than requested. When speaking with customer service reps., they ABSOLUTELY do not care!!! They'll jus say, "well, there's nothing we can do". They are RUDE and disrespectful . They know they have all your VITAL credit card information and it's nothing u can do about it! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!!!
 21st of Sep, 2012 by   JEFFREY F. 0 Votes
I JUST BOOKED A HOTEL WITH PRICELINE. REVIEWING THE CONFORMATION PAGE, THE DATE WAS INCORRECT. I CONTACTED PL WITHIN SECONDS OF PLACING THE BID. I WAS TOLD THAT THE DATE COULD NOT BE CHANGED NOR COULD IT BE CANCELED. BUT, I COULD CANCEL IF I WOULD AGREE TO PAY A FEE OF THE FULL PRICE OF THE ROOM, BOOK ANOTHER ROOM FOR THE CORRECT DATE THROUGH THEM, AND THEY WOULD REFUND THE INITIAL CHARGE LESS 25 BUCKS. I SAID NO TO THAT. SO, THEY CAN CANCEL BUT FOR A BIG FEE! I CALLED THE HOTEL DIRECTLY AND THEY SAID THEY IT WAS OK WITH THEM TO CHANGE THE DATE BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE DONE IN PRICELINE'S SYSTEM. HE SUGGEST A THREE WAY CALL WITH PRICELINE TO CONFIRM HIS AGREEMENT. CALLED PL BACK, THEY PUT ME ON HOLD TO CALL HOTEL AND CAME BACK ON LINE TO GIVE ME THE SAME SPILL ABOUT THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO WITHOUT A $25 FEE. I CALLED THE CARD COMPANY TO DISPUTE IT. BE FOR WARNED, RIP OFF ARTIST. DON'T TRUST. THIS IS THE FIRST PROBLEM I HAVE EVER HAD WITH PL. WILL BE MY LAST. I WILL LOOK FOR ANOTHER SITE. THANKS

Avoid Online Dating Scam!

Latest Groups