Posted:

Fraud and scam

PriceLine.com
Phone: 800-774-2354
www.priceline.com
I booked a hotel room from the priceline.com web page, using the name your price feature. I requested 2 rooms, for 3 nights. I submitted my price request for a 2 star hotel. Here is what occurred when we checked in the room.

*The room was dirty, with stains all over the bathroom.
*We then found a used condom between the nightstand and the bed.

Upon seeing the appalling condition of the hotel, I left the room to report this to the management. When I walked out of the room to talk to the hotel management, I was approached by a man who aggressively requested money. I refused him and quickly went to the hotel reception. When I reached reception, no one was there. I waited for 20 minutes but no one was available at the front desk. I returned to the room.

When I returned to my room, there was a knock at the door. When I looked out the window, I did not know the person and did not answer. He began shouting at my door, asking if I had jumper-cables. I shouted back that I did not. He persisted and made a strange request and asked if I would go to my car and double check and see if I had cables. Again, I told him no. He then asked “if I find some jumper-cables, will you give me a jumpĀ?. I told him NO! I became concerned about the total lack of security and for the safety of my wife, daughter and myself.

We waited for the person to leave my door and then my family and I made a quick exit to our car. As I was driving out of the parking lot, another person (appeared to be another transient) jumped in front of my car trying to get us to stop. I backed up and drove around him and did not look back.

I prepaid $450.28 for a 2 star room. Later, I looked at the hotel that priceline booked for me and saw that it is a 1 star hotel and not the 2 star that had been contracted for. Upon leaving the hotel, I contacted priceline service and was told that there was nothing they could do. As we were desperate for a hotel, I booked a room with the priceline reservation group and paid with my credit card. I have repeatedly contact the priceline service reps, but have been met with evasive and obvious disinterest.

*I paid priceline for a 2 star hotel and was given a 1 star.

Upon reading the other horror stories in this forum about priceline.com, I feel that dealing with these people is hopeless.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Complaint comments Comments (143) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

Comments

1st of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Withdrew money for a flight that was not confirmed

Do not use Priceline. I believe that any service online that wants you to give them your card information prior to purchase has to have a hidden agenda. Priceline withdrew money from my account. When I called the 800- number to dispute the fact that i did not confirm any flight for that price. They told me that there was no way that they would refund the money or change the flight.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right?
Unless you have money to burn I would not recommend that you use Priceline.
 21st of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Priceline - They really aren't the cheapest
www.priceline.com

Priceline has a "price match guarantee" offer in which if it so happens you find a cheaper price, they can refund you the difference. The catch is, you have to call customer service, go through about 20 voice menus with a computer, stay on hold to connect with a representative, then walk them step-by-step through a website (in which they will try to select features in which they won't be able to pull up the details, or they really can't follow simple directions at all), then they check with their manager all in all 2 hours with customer service on the phone.

The lady on the phone was nice, but after she finally found the website proceeded to read EVERYTHING including what was in the room "air conditioning, TV, premium movies with a fee, two chairs, one or two beds, safe, parking, FM radio, remote control for the TV..."

I should have just gone to hotels.com this isn't worth it and they really aren't the cheapest.
 5th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Priceline - Giving run-around
www.priceline.com

I am writing with regards to the customer service I received in March of 2008.

I had unused tickets from a December 2007 flight (through United Airlines) that I was unable to make; I arranged with a travel service representative to put it on hold.

On March 2, I called to use the Dec flight to purchase a March 15, 2008 flight from SFO to YUL that I saw on the Priceline website for $446, plus a $130 change fee. The agent told me he was able to purchase the flight and that I should wait for my e-ticket which he said would take a couple of days to be processed and emailed.

On March 8, I had still not received any notifications or email so I gave their customer service a call. To my surprise, the agent told me that he could not find my ticket for March 15 and on top of that he could not even find my ticket from December 2007! So I was not only out of a flight for March 15, but they told me my Dec 2007 flight does not even exist in their records. After 45 minutes on the phone, the agent transferred me on to another agent who told me the same thing, and after another half hour he said he was transferring me to his manager but he just hung-up on me! I felt so confused, frustrated, frantic, and angry. I called customer service again to explain what had happened only to be told the same thing and I was advised to try speaking to a manager the next day.

So I called back on March 9, and I tried to calmly explain that I should at least still have my December 2007 ticket still on record. The customer rep told me she could not find it either and finally transferred me to a Travel Service agent. The Travel Service agent was finally able to recover my December 2007 flight and the March 2 record of me purchasing the March 15 flight. The Travel Service agent explained to me that the March 15 flight was unable to be purchased b/c apparently I can only redeem the December 2007 flight through United Airlines directly. She told me that the agent from March 2 tried to call me. But the agent never reached me on the phone and never even left a message. And if the agent from March 2nd was serious about contacting me, the agent should have also emailed me. However, this was not done either.

So there I was, a week from March 15 without a flight and feeling very taken advantage of. In the end, I bought a whole new flight on March 9 through Travelocity that ended up costing almost double b/c of how close it was to March 15.

I am so disheartened and surprised that a well-known and established company like Priceline could have such horrible, ill-informed, and rude customer service. It felt like the customer service was out to give me the run-around until I did not have the energy to stand-up for myself anymore. I am so discouraged from using their company’s services again in the future.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
You should contest the charges on your credit card. I had similar expreience and contested charges and they denined the claim even tho there was no signature for the charge. . so don't use discover either.!!!
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
We booked a hotel room through Priceline for our family, and requested 2 beds, but got a standard room with 1 king sized bed instead. Some how in the booking process Priceline swapped what we asked for. We didn't know this at first, but found this out when I called to complain that the "discounted" "name your own rate" price was actually *more* than the hotels own web-site showed! I called to complain about the price only to find out that my kids would have to sleep on the floor, because the room PL gave us only had a king sized bed. The customer service person at PL could have cared a less. She said that the contract clearly showed that we had purchased a standard room. But my eyes clearly remembered that we had booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children. After spending 45 minutes of the CS rep saying the same thing over and over and over again I finally gave up. I kept saying a standard room won't accomodate our family and our kids will have to sleep on the floor. She kept saying I didn't say your kids would have to sleep on the floor. I said you know that means four people in one bed. She said that is what you ordered. I said no I ordered 2 beds at a discounted price and got 1 bed at a price that is higher than the hotel charges, and round and round and round she went... I said the reason I'm calling customer service is to try to remedy a problem, not to be read the contract. But she never tried to rectify the situation. PL customer service people have no power to change anything. It's not really their fault. Once I realized this I gave up. Priceline is truely a sorry outfit. I called my Credit Union and they gave me the steps to dispute the charges. I will NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN! I've used Hotwire at least 20 times a year with about 90% satisfaction. On those occassions when there is a problem, the customer service reps eventually fix the problem; even when the problem is the hotel's. Don't be clotheslined by priceline.
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Priceline - Priceline Customer Service is an Oxymoron
California

30th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Car Rental
www.priceline.com

I bid on a car rental and after a couple bids priceline accepted my offer. When i checked the emailed itinerary i noticed that they booked me at a rental company at the airport that is closed at the time i requested. i immediately called priceline and told them that they had made an error with my reservation and that if they could either refund me my money or switch me over to another rental company that would be open at my arrival. first off priceline has no customer service skills and then on top of that they told me that basically that it was my problem now and that i need to deal with it. i asked to speak to the supervisor and they were just as unprofessional and told me the same thing, that it was my problem and that they could not change my reservation. we argued back and forth and i told them continuously that it was a error on their part and that they should fix it. finally, the superviosr just hung up on me. now i am stuck with a reservation that is no use to me and obviously they have charged my credit card.
 30th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
Simply dispute the charge on the crdit card. Be sure to uses the magic word "fraud". Good luck.
 29th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Priceline is a ripoff. In combination with Delta airlines. You may as well be talking to a robot when you try to have a actual conversation with customer service at Priceline. They talk to to you as if they want to help, but they just can't, like they are being held captive and someone has a gun to their head telling them what to say. I have never dealt with a company like this before, and trust me, never again. Even at the highest level, corporate, they are very sorry but they just can't help you. I purchased two round trip tickets to Mexico for my daughter and her fiancee's honeymoon, somehow (and I don't think it was my fault) they put my name on both tickets, what started off as something that I thought could be fixed easily has turned out to be a nightmare for me. The bottom line is they absolutely refuse to help. So now I'm stuck with two tickets that I can't use, what am I going to do, take a vacation with myself. I tried to explain to these robots, they just could not help, no one at Priceline can help with anything. I'd just like to get the word out to anyone thinking of using Priceline that they are sooooooooo deceptive in their buisness to please look around, don't use a company like this, trust me. I checked with a travel agency and could have got these tickets cheaper through them, with none of the troubles that I have been through right before my daughters wedding. Just thanks to your site for helping to let others know about companies like this that should not be allowed to operate.
 31st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Priceline - No cust. service
priceline.com

No matter if its their fault and you didn't get what you were lead to believe, Priceline.com customer service insists there is nothing they can do. No changes, no refunds, no nothing. Your bid was accepted, your money is gone and you're screwed. Three calls to customer service later, nothing has changed. Now you're told your case is closed but you can always write headquarters. Thank you, we're sorry, see ya!
 31st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Priceline - Ripped off
priceline.com

After purchasing tickets through Priceline, while still "signed-in" I wanted to research a price on round trip tickets for my mother from FL to NY. When I went to search for the tickets Priceline charged my credit card for tickets it found without "Confirming" that i wanted to actually purchase these tickets. I don't have a problem with the departure time but the return date needed changing because of the length of time. Not only were they rude about it they won't make changes, even though I was willing to pay penalties. I am out a hell of a lot of money because I don't know if my mother will even travel on the dates. So NEVER NEVER NEVER again will I purchase tickets for trips through priceline, nor will I travel the airline that accepted the terms and is unwilling to help me out with changes to the ticket. Even with enough advance notice. I will go out of my way to know how I was treated by this company and how they won't try to help people with ticket problems. It was suggested that even if my mother was dead they wouldn't refund or change the ticket. What kind of a company claiming to help people with cheap fares won't help those they've freely RIPPED OFF!
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I purchased a ticket for my son to visit his in-laws in Texas during Christmas. He was to fly back to his army base, Ft. Drum, NY on 12/27/08. I purchased the ticket 11/27/08. I found out today 12/03/08, that my son will not be allowed to go cross country, because he is to deploy to Afghanistan, Jan. 4, 09. He was told this today . I called Priceline today and related this to them, for over an hour, I was told the airlines was who I needed to speak to about a refund, then Priceline, the the airlines, then back to Priceline. By this time I am NOT happy. so when I couldn't make any head way, basically I gave Priceline a $336. tip. I also told Priceline that I didn't have money tree, and I couldn't just throw away money. His answer was, "If you had called within 24 hours, I could have gotten a refund, well how could I call within 24 hours, when I just found out today?? His answer is I am sorry, Nothing Priceline can do.
Hope Priceline enjoys the tip... I will never buy from them again, even if I have to pay aliitle more for a ticket, I'll go through the airlines First from now on.
 27th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

Priceline - Terrible everything
priceline.com

My latest experience with Priceline was the worst, and I will never use them again!!! During the process of booking a hotel room this time (I have used them twice before with mixed success), I discovered Priceline uses fraudulent advertising to make us think we're getting a great deal. When I requested a particular area for the hotel room, they booked a room clearly not in the area I requested. When I called customer service to dispute my hotel reservation in a place I didn't want to be, their reasoning was, 'it's in that area according to our map'.

I called the hotel directly to ask them if there was a misunderstanding or if they could shed any light on the matter, and the folks who worked at the hotel insisted in no way, shape, or form, was their hotel in the area I had requested on Priceline. I ended up calling customer service at Priceline three times and talked to three different managers for a total of two hours trying to resolve my problem, and to add insult to injury, all three managers ended up hanging up on me!!!

Needless to say, Priceline customer service had a scripted response to every point I made about their false advertising, dishonest business practices, and misleading literature, which was, 'we use our own maps to determine where hotels are, and we are not able to refund/cancel any reservations'. No matter how many times I pointed out 'their own map' was, in fact, different than the maps the city planners themselves made for the city, they insisted 'we use our own maps and all bookings are nonrefundable and nonnegotiable'.
 29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
When you "pick your own price" they ask that you put your credit card. When they do this they state that you WILL BE CHARGED IF YOUR OFFER IS ACCEPTED. Once you click okay and submitted your offer you agreed to these terms. If you wanted the optionto change or cancel then you should pay regular price.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
To Whom This may concern:

Priceline is a rip off, as far as I'm concerned! My receipt reflects that I have a rental car included with my vacation package which also includes hotel and air.

When I called Priceline several times, they have refused to admit that in fact I do have car rental included. I faxed a copy of my receipt to a Quinn, Priceline Employee and the same answer comes back. "Your contract does NOT include a rental car, when in fact my receipt reflects that I do!!!

Please help!!!

Thank you in advance.

Jessica Cossaboom
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just got scammed by Priceline. Placed and offer for a 3 star hotel only gave me a choice and booked me at the Holiday Inn automatically without confirmation or nothing. Never will use it again or recomend it.
 1st of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
The same thing happen to me. Confusing maps, miserable customer service, and worthless supervisors. Never use "name your own price" for hotels.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Lies
priceline.com

Priceline's ratings of New York hotels as 4 or 3.5 stars was highly deceptive. I wound up with a reservation for a very very tiny room in a 3.5 hotel described as "upscale plus". Nonsense! The room is 144 sq. ft., that's 14X10. Customer reviews confirmed the ridiculous size. Priceline does not give you the option of rejecting or choosing hotels. You are completely dependent on their categories and choice.

I attempted to upgrade through the hotel (The Hudson on W. 58th. St.) I was told Priceline has to handle it. I phoned Priceline. They told me the hotel has to handle it. I phoned the hotel back. The very nice reservation clerk said, "I knew that would happen. They tell you that if they think you don't know what you're doing. You have to insist that they fax your request to regional otherwise they won't help you and even then they might not, but they are supposed to do it." I phoned back Priceline. Their computer was down and their customer service rep was all but unintelligible due to a foreign accent. I will continue my complaint procedure to as many receipt points as are available on the web.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
PLEASE BE WARE...
i have used priceline.com for years...recommended it to my friends...bragged about my great deals...UNFIRTUNATELY...i have just found out that through priceline.com..this company called GRAT FUN got my credit card $ that i used to book my hotels, etc.
I had seen this monthly charge on my credit card for $11.99 for awhile, but thot it was my husbands subscription, when i checked into it...and made the call to this GREAT FUN place..they told me they got my credit card number from priceline.com. I cntacted priceline .com and yes..they did give them my credit card number, but claim that I authorized this...I have never done this...the only thing i have used is priceline.com.
SO BEWARE...
as of today I no longer use priceline.com..and i hope you all follow my advise!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by    -1 Votes
please you get what you pay for. Priceline is a service not the hotel. So if it is a dump it's not pricelines fault blame it on the non american ran hotel. You wanna get it cheap then stop your whinning. I use priceline weekly and never an issue i book the hilton for $ 40.00 the marriott for $ 38.00 and several other well known hotels so get a clue and blame yourself for being a cheap skate

Priceline.com Logo Priceline.com