Posted:

Fraud and scam

PriceLine.com
Phone: 800-774-2354
www.priceline.com
I booked a hotel room from the priceline.com web page, using the name your price feature. I requested 2 rooms, for 3 nights. I submitted my price request for a 2 star hotel. Here is what occurred when we checked in the room.

*The room was dirty, with stains all over the bathroom.
*We then found a used condom between the nightstand and the bed.

Upon seeing the appalling condition of the hotel, I left the room to report this to the management. When I walked out of the room to talk to the hotel management, I was approached by a man who aggressively requested money. I refused him and quickly went to the hotel reception. When I reached reception, no one was there. I waited for 20 minutes but no one was available at the front desk. I returned to the room.

When I returned to my room, there was a knock at the door. When I looked out the window, I did not know the person and did not answer. He began shouting at my door, asking if I had jumper-cables. I shouted back that I did not. He persisted and made a strange request and asked if I would go to my car and double check and see if I had cables. Again, I told him no. He then asked “if I find some jumper-cables, will you give me a jump�. I told him NO! I became concerned about the total lack of security and for the safety of my wife, daughter and myself.

We waited for the person to leave my door and then my family and I made a quick exit to our car. As I was driving out of the parking lot, another person (appeared to be another transient) jumped in front of my car trying to get us to stop. I backed up and drove around him and did not look back.

I prepaid $450.28 for a 2 star room. Later, I looked at the hotel that priceline booked for me and saw that it is a 1 star hotel and not the 2 star that had been contracted for. Upon leaving the hotel, I contacted priceline service and was told that there was nothing they could do. As we were desperate for a hotel, I booked a room with the priceline reservation group and paid with my credit card. I have repeatedly contact the priceline service reps, but have been met with evasive and obvious disinterest.

*I paid priceline for a 2 star hotel and was given a 1 star.

Upon reading the other horror stories in this forum about priceline.com, I feel that dealing with these people is hopeless.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Complaint comments Comments (105) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

Comments

1st of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Withdrew money for a flight that was not confirmed

Do not use Priceline. I believe that any service online that wants you to give them your card information prior to purchase has to have a hidden agenda. Priceline withdrew money from my account. When I called the 800- number to dispute the fact that i did not confirm any flight for that price. They told me that there was no way that they would refund the money or change the flight.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right?
Unless you have money to burn I would not recommend that you use Priceline.
 14th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
You should contest the charges on your credit card. I had similar expreience and contested charges and they denined the claim even tho there was no signature for the charge. . so don't use discover either.!!!
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
We booked a hotel room through Priceline for our family, and requested 2 beds, but got a standard room with 1 king sized bed instead. Some how in the booking process Priceline swapped what we asked for. We didn't know this at first, but found this out when I called to complain that the "discounted" "name your own rate" price was actually *more* than the hotels own web-site showed! I called to complain about the price only to find out that my kids would have to sleep on the floor, because the room PL gave us only had a king sized bed. The customer service person at PL could have cared a less. She said that the contract clearly showed that we had purchased a standard room. But my eyes clearly remembered that we had booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children. After spending 45 minutes of the CS rep saying the same thing over and over and over again I finally gave up. I kept saying a standard room won't accomodate our family and our kids will have to sleep on the floor. She kept saying I didn't say your kids would have to sleep on the floor. I said you know that means four people in one bed. She said that is what you ordered. I said no I ordered 2 beds at a discounted price and got 1 bed at a price that is higher than the hotel charges, and round and round and round she went... I said the reason I'm calling customer service is to try to remedy a problem, not to be read the contract. But she never tried to rectify the situation. PL customer service people have no power to change anything. It's not really their fault. Once I realized this I gave up. Priceline is truely a sorry outfit. I called my Credit Union and they gave me the steps to dispute the charges. I will NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN! I've used Hotwire at least 20 times a year with about 90% satisfaction. On those occassions when there is a problem, the customer service reps eventually fix the problem; even when the problem is the hotel's. Don't be clotheslined by priceline.
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Priceline - Priceline Customer Service is an Oxymoron
California

29th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Priceline is a ripoff. In combination with Delta airlines. You may as well be talking to a robot when you try to have a actual conversation with customer service at Priceline. They talk to to you as if they want to help, but they just can't, like they are being held captive and someone has a gun to their head telling them what to say. I have never dealt with a company like this before, and trust me, never again. Even at the highest level, corporate, they are very sorry but they just can't help you. I purchased two round trip tickets to Mexico for my daughter and her fiancee's honeymoon, somehow (and I don't think it was my fault) they put my name on both tickets, what started off as something that I thought could be fixed easily has turned out to be a nightmare for me. The bottom line is they absolutely refuse to help. So now I'm stuck with two tickets that I can't use, what am I going to do, take a vacation with myself. I tried to explain to these robots, they just could not help, no one at Priceline can help with anything. I'd just like to get the word out to anyone thinking of using Priceline that they are sooooooooo deceptive in their buisness to please look around, don't use a company like this, trust me. I checked with a travel agency and could have got these tickets cheaper through them, with none of the troubles that I have been through right before my daughters wedding. Just thanks to your site for helping to let others know about companies like this that should not be allowed to operate.
 29th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
When you "pick your own price" they ask that you put your credit card. When they do this they state that you WILL BE CHARGED IF YOUR OFFER IS ACCEPTED. Once you click okay and submitted your offer you agreed to these terms. If you wanted the optionto change or cancel then you should pay regular price.
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just got scammed by Priceline. Placed and offer for a 3 star hotel only gave me a choice and booked me at the Holiday Inn automatically without confirmation or nothing. Never will use it again or recomend it.
 8th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Lies
priceline.com

Priceline's ratings of New York hotels as 4 or 3.5 stars was highly deceptive. I wound up with a reservation for a very very tiny room in a 3.5 hotel described as "upscale plus". Nonsense! The room is 144 sq. ft., that's 14X10. Customer reviews confirmed the ridiculous size. Priceline does not give you the option of rejecting or choosing hotels. You are completely dependent on their categories and choice.

I attempted to upgrade through the hotel (The Hudson on W. 58th. St.) I was told Priceline has to handle it. I phoned Priceline. They told me the hotel has to handle it. I phoned the hotel back. The very nice reservation clerk said, "I knew that would happen. They tell you that if they think you don't know what you're doing. You have to insist that they fax your request to regional otherwise they won't help you and even then they might not, but they are supposed to do it." I phoned back Priceline. Their computer was down and their customer service rep was all but unintelligible due to a foreign accent. I will continue my complaint procedure to as many receipt points as are available on the web.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
PLEASE BE WARE...
i have used priceline.com for years...recommended it to my friends...bragged about my great deals...UNFIRTUNATELY...i have just found out that through priceline.com..this company called GRAT FUN got my credit card $ that i used to book my hotels, etc.
I had seen this monthly charge on my credit card for $11.99 for awhile, but thot it was my husbands subscription, when i checked into it...and made the call to this GREAT FUN place..they told me they got my credit card number from priceline.com. I cntacted priceline .com and yes..they did give them my credit card number, but claim that I authorized this...I have never done this...the only thing i have used is priceline.com.
SO BEWARE...
as of today I no longer use priceline.com..and i hope you all follow my advise!
 29th of Mar, 2010 by    -1 Votes
please you get what you pay for. Priceline is a service not the hotel. So if it is a dump it's not pricelines fault blame it on the non american ran hotel. You wanna get it cheap then stop your whinning. I use priceline weekly and never an issue i book the hilton for $ 40.00 the marriott for $ 38.00 and several other well known hotels so get a clue and blame yourself for being a cheap skate
 7th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Classic bait and switch
priceline.com

We bid on a 5 star hotel in the Riverwalk district of San Antonio for a recent family vacation. What we were 'awarded', however, was the Marriott Plaza, an old, run down, smelly hotel with poor service, small rooms, uncomfortable beds, no amenities (come on.. even a flippin' Clarion has a refer in the room), we had to pay $15 a day for wi-fi.. it was blocks from anything.. including the Riverwalk.. in a dicey area where my wife would not go out unaccompanied. Under no ones definition would this be considered a 4 or 5 star hotel. And we were stuck there for five days with no options, as once your bid is accepted, you are out of luck. So far Priceline has done nothing but say, "Hey, we think it's a 4 star hotel". Well, if their rating system is this messed up, I will NEVER use Priceline again. They completely mis-represented what I was buying...a classic Bait and Switch... and you should be well aware of this when you book with them.
 26th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Refused to match original cost
priceline.com

So I just went to book a car rental on Priceline.com . I was quoted a price of 101.68, which I was fine with and agreed to. I clicked "confirm" and was led to the second page, which said, sorry, but it's 260.39. When I called them to try to fix it, their answer was this: "Well, we just didn't make the reservation at all, so it's ok." I didn't get an e-mail telling me that the reservation didn't go through, or anything. So why bother giving an confirmation number, etc. This gave the impression that not only did they complete the reservation, but they did so at more than twice the originally quoted cost. I asked them to simply match the orginal cost, and they refused. I talk to their initial customer service representative, Victor, and then finally to apparently "the highest court" representative, Ellen, who still refused to do anything.

I have PDF copies of both conflicting offers.
 18th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - I would like everyone to know that Priceline is a rip-off
priceline.com

I just booked a hotel through Priceline very late last night for a reservation next month. I realize we have to change the date and will not be flying into the airport where I made the reservation. I called to ask if I can make cancel the reservation because we are not able to travel at this time. I was asked "didn't you read the contract?" He repeated the "you cannot change the reservation" statement about 10 times. I told him I made the reservation about 15 hours ago, couldn't we make a change. He asked if there was anything else he could do for me (and thinking he did absolutely nothing for me), I hung up the phone without saying goodbye. He had the nerve to call my cellphone and ask if there was anything else he could do for me. After explaining he did absolutely nothing for me and that their policy is ridiculous, I told him I will "NEVER, EVER, EVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN."

I would like everyone to know that Priceline is a rip-off. They claim their hotel rates are 50% cheaper than hotel rates. They are liars. I checked on the hotel site and I could get the same room I reserved for $7 more per night, but that $7 would give me freedom and flexibility to change my dates, the location and to cancel if necessary. Now I will either lose the money if I have to change plans, or drive from a different airport so that I won't lose my money. I also found out that the "stars" they use to rate the hotels are their own, so they can say something is 3 star and it isnt'.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline - No customer service
Richmond
Virginia
priceline.com

I will NEVER book through priceline ever again! I put in a bid for to pick up the rental car on June 4 at 5:30pm and will return on June 6 at 4:00pm (22 1/2 hours) They charged me for 2 full days so I called to see if I could change the return time to 5:30 instead of 4:00 to get the full 48 hours that I am being charged for anyway and since I will be driving 6 hours away I wanted that additional time in case there was traffic. I called priceline and they said I would have to speak to the rental company so they transferred me to Avis. An Avis representative answered and said that they would have to transfer me. After being put on hold from Priceline for an hour then another 30 with Avis they finally picked up the phone to tell me that I would have to speak with Priceline. Both companies will give you the run around and will waste your time. I am already paying for the 48 hours so why couldn't I get that extra hour and a half? Ugh!

Be wary that you can't change anyting once you put your bid in. There are other compainies out there that are much more lenient when it comes to changing your itinerary and will actually pick up when you call their customer service. I didn't even get that great of a deal of priceline either, they will advertise you can get a car rental for 12.00 a day, but when you put your city and state in the price dramatically increases to nothing close to 12.00.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - All along we were told we signed a contract for an amount we were never shown
priceline.com

Buyer beware for Priceline.com. We were totally burned by Priceline. Until now, we have been extremely satisfied users. We have frequently recommended it to friends and family. No more. Even if you have been satisfied customers in the past, your turn is coming.

We have complained to technical support, and it was escalated to the VP level and we still got the same answer. Our system could not have made a mistake.

We agreed to one price that stated "rental included." After agreeing to that price, we were automatically charged a price $208 above the price we had just agreed to. We called immediately to ask for assistance. We got a "too bad, so sad" message. All along it was denied that this could have occurred. All along we were told we signed a contract for an amount we were NEVER shown.

All in all, we got at least three different prices during the process. The final one we were stuck with was never shown to us before we "agreed to it". It was published after "the point of no return." It is no cheaper than just purchasing the airline & rental car on our own. We are both web-savvy. We are both experienced users of Priceline.

I cannot express just how dissatisfied and disappointed we are that there is absolutely no recourse for these types of errors.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline Vacations - pripaid unusedlax parking
priceline vacations

we pripaid parking at lax california airport for 6 days that we did't use . I e-mailed priceline customer service was told I would recieved a responce e_mail in 24 hours and I did not. I want my account credid for dates 6, 23, 2010 until 6, 28, 2010
 10th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I don't understand my marking weather my camplaint was useful or not .
 26th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline - Poor policy
Priceline

I recently booked a hotel through priceline. I had to leave early due to a funeral and the hotel assured me that I would get a refund.

The hotel informed me at checkout that they only charged priceline.com for the nights that I stayed at the hotel. When I called priceline, they admitted that the hotel was correct, but they would not refund my money because it was their "company policy to issue no refunds."

I know now that they put this in fine print on their site, but I think it is unethical and a bad business policy to keep the $120 that I feel they owe me. Especially when they very obviously tried to prevent me from seeing this information. After all they don't tell us about that on the commercials.

In an economy like this one, can we really afford to give our business to a company that won't assure us that their service is an outstanding one?
 20th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline.com - Wrong booking area...
St Albans
Vermont

I booked a room on Priceline.com for a one night stay in Montreal. I chose the two destinations I wanted to stay in, as is my practice, and I was booked in an area far from where I requested. Priceline.com representatives refused to provide any resolution, they claimed I asked for a hotel many miles from my destination. I know for a fact I did not and they would not listen. I will NEVER use Priceline.com again, they will do whatever it takes to get a room rental for as night. Tough times require tough measures. i think they are hurting financially and they have resorted to this sort of practices in order to get reservations. BE AWARE!!!
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

Priceline - Safety Issue and Care
Priceline - hung up on & screwed over
New York

While Priceline does specify that it cannot guarantee whether you will receive 2 double beds, a queen bed, or king size bed, it does NOT mention anything about the possibility of hotels so small that they cannot have cots due to a fire hazard. This is not normal or safe and is causing me to lose the entire cost of my trip. And despite my tears and fear because of the impossibility of going to this hotel with my overweight, 6 foot 6" brother and staying in one small bed in what reviewers called "miniature rooms, " I allowed the customer service representatives to make their required statements like "Well I do apologize for the inconvenience" and provided the requested information, the customer service representative--whom I was put in touch with after asking for a manager--hung up on me. It is safe to assume that hanging up on customers in distress is not policy. This woman and the oversight of the issue of cots disgust me.

Priceline.com Logo Priceline.com