PNC Bank

Bad Bank

PNC Bank
Dunwoody, Georgia
Phone: 678-325-1800
I have done my banking services through a small-town family-owned bank since I was 12 and NEVER had a problem. Now that I am a grown adult- starting out my career, I opened my first "Corporate" Bank Account around a month ago...And it has been a headache ever since! First off, the Bank Manager who opened up my account at PNC Bank in Dunwoody, I find out a week later, keyed in my Social Security # wrong (mistyped the last number)...Boy! Let me tell you! I have received NONSTOP Emails-Phone Calls-Mailings from the Government-Homeland Security, stating I am under their radar for providing a false SS#...I had to fill out W-11's OVER AND OVER with my correct #, I even went into a local branch and tried to get them to correct my #...Still not fixed, and still getting hammered by Homeland Security! (Worries me that people who work at this bank obviously key in numbers incorrectly...) Then, I call because it has been a month now and I STILL haven't received checks for my account...Well the Branch Manager never ordered them, even after I PAID for the order last month!!! And what was the last straw?? Today, since it is the first of the month, that means BILLS, BILLS & MORE BILLS to pay...So I go into the branch today as I can transfer my rent money into my Landlords account...and guess what?? THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEM IS DOWN!! So my money is non-accessible, which equals an UNHAPPY LANDLORD. STAY AWAY FROM PNC! Not only is Homeland Security thinking I am an illegal alien, I also have no reliable access to my MONEY!!! I am closing my account and just sticking with the small town bank...
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks
Was the above complaint useful?

3rd of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
Uh, I have went into the branch and showed my SS# to change and correct number, and they gave me W-11 form to fill out. So, obviously it isn't easy to fix. :)
 4th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I completely agree. It is very confusing situation, LOL! I kept asking why I have to fill this form out every time I come in the branch, I even get the form in my mailbox twice a week...?? I think I will just go to another branch near by and fix this...The funny thing is the person that opened my account and the person I have dealt with thus far HAS been the branch manager! Talk about scarey! Where, why and how did they hire this person! LOL! :) Thank you for your time.
 17th of Jun, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Same thing happened to me, they keyed in wrong information, and now I have not received my ATM card in 3 weeks. When I went to correct it, they did not put the complete address either. Next day, I call customer service, and apartment number was missing. They told me they would cancel my current card, but I had to call them back in 3 days to order a new one. They are unprofessional, I withdrew $100.00 in a rush and they did not give me a receipt, they said they would take care of it later. They have 3 separate accounts with different numbers in 1, one for checking, one for savings, and something else. This is inefficient system. I am going to cancel this account.

Customer Care Service