logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (10 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
3. (15 mins ago)
KFC
Filthy conditions, staff uniforms, service and smell
4. (21 mins ago)
Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge
Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!
5. (23 mins ago)

Posted:    P Carr

Bad service & Parts

Pep Boys
Pennsylvania
Three years ago I had my alternator replaced by Pep Boys. For a little more money I got the "lifetime" replacement deal which covers the part but not labor.

About a year after i had the work done I needed a new alternator. I took it to Pep Boys and it was replaced for $120 labor.

A couple months ago I started to hear a very loud rattling sound from under the hood. I determined it was the alternator and when I had time took it back to Pep Boys for replacement.

It turned out it was indeed the alternator which cost me another $120 in labor to have replaced.

So far I have paid over $300 in labor for this lifetime warrantee.

Not my idea of a good deal.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Sep, 2009 by   Melissa L 0 Votes
Um, okay if your alternator is "breaking down" that quickly after getting it replaced several times already...maybe you should be taking it to either a different Pepboys location or just somewhere else in general. I'm surprised a little light bulb didn't click on in your head after the second time. Whether you know about cars/trucks or not, come on! Something's not right here! They're ripping you off! I'm sorry but I don't understand how you could have fallen for this 3 times? I mean depending on what kind of vehicle you have the alternator is going to last a little longer than a year, come on do some research!

When it comes to having to pay for the labor even though you have a free lifetime warranty, who cares really!? That's how it always is. When you took the car back the second time did anyone bother asking you when you last had the alternator replaced/looked at? Something is going on at this location. I have nothing further to say to you except, MORON!

5 Tips for Timeshares