logo

www.FragranceX.com
bad service
3. (9 mins ago)
www.FragranceX.com
Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!
4. (10 mins ago)

OTL*ScoreSense

Posted: 2011-08-25 by    Ruth Kim

Unauthorized credit card charges

OTL*ScoreSense
Since February, of 2011 Score Sense has charged my credit card $29.95 monthly for a service of monitoring my credit cards against fraudulent activiity. I have never contracted for this service, and do not recognize this company. The credit card involved is Discover Card and filing a complaint against Score Sense's charges with Discover Card resulted in their launching an investigation of these charges. I have since received a letter from Discover Card that I am indeed responsible for these charges and they will not acknowledge that I never did subscribe for services with Score Sense. Given this from Discover card, I am forced to close my account with them to prevent these monthly charges continuing ad infinitum.

Score Sense appears to have my e mail address, home address, and obviously my Discover Card number. How this occurred is baffling to me and I can only conjecture that I am the victim of some form of computer fraud.

I plan to file a police report and also a complaint with the federal government, The Office of the Comptroller of Currency.
Comments United States Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More OTL*ScoreSense complaints
OTL*ScoreSense - Fraud

Comments

30th of Dec, 2011 by   Marioin Harris 0 Votes
i did not authorize for anyone to take mooney off my card, and the took it off. and i want my money i did not ask for another credit report at all.. and i would appreciate if they woukld return my money on my card...
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   Marioin Harris 0 Votes
You all took 29 dollars and some change of my card, im did not authorize you all juped me by saying that it was no charge, , , so return my money please
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   Marioin Harris 0 Votes
please return my 29 dollars and change...
 6th of Feb, 2012 by   DianeJames 0 Votes
This same company took the 29 dollars and change out of my husbands acct no permission will file with government if not back on account today. You have no right getting into peoples acct and stealing money, get real
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   Glenn Ferguson 0 Votes
I checked my credit scores but did not authorize the monthly service nor the $29.95 fee. Please stop now! Please return my money as well!
 29th of Jun, 2012 by   Donna Edde 0 Votes
I checked my credit score because of a report posted saying my pc may have been compermised. I did not knowingly sign on for a monthly check.
 22nd of Sep, 2012 by   norma lopez 0 Votes
Please return my money as well, I did not authorize the service.
 11th of Dec, 2012 by   Thu Ha 0 Votes
This happened to me too! I can't believe I am a victim of fraud! I work hard for my money and now these people are going to live freely by taking my money without my permission! Please stop them!
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   biged1 0 Votes
I did not authorize you to remove money from my account.I know this is fraud and it better be returned and no other charges taken . How can you get peoples credit card numbers?
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   Rllee07 0 Votes
I signed up to get my credit scores for $1 and after a week they charged me $29.95. I called immediately to ask for my money back and war told by the CSR that she would submit a request. She offered to give me an extra 30 days for a total of 60 days access free of charge. When I got off the phone I had recd an email telling me that the billing would resume after the 60 days. I was livid and called back and made it clear I was canceling and did not want access for a minute longer. The gentleman assured me that a request for a refund had put through and I would hear in a day or two. The next day I recd an email flat out denying a refund stating the trial period had passed. I have never encountered a credit protection agency that won't at least pro rate your refund. I will never use score sense again and if they charge me again i will sue. I didn't have $30 to piss away and am astounded at the games this agency plays. Consider yourself warned!!!
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   fackscoresense 0 Votes
fack charged 2 x 29.95 per month~ for 3 months~ i don't even know what this is~ hacked my credit card and all my information~
total $ 179.7
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   OTL Scoresense 0 Votes
DO NOT access this Agency. I, too paid $1.00 for credit scores. Next two months, $29.95 was taken out of my bank acct. via debit card. I am a widow & run close in my checking acct. One month, it caused me to be overdrawn in my acct. & was charged an additional $30.00 for overdraft. This may not sound like a lot but when u r on SS only, every penny counts! Shame on OTL Scoresense. They should be prosecuted for fraudulence & false advertising!
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   ScoreSense 0 Votes
Hi,

If you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at 877-335-6823 to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

11th of Apr, 2013 by   Jennifer Reid 0 Votes
I would like you to delete my account. I sign up for $1.00 and a week later I was charged 29.95, I have been getting money off my card for a couple of months now. I would like my money back that they took. I asked them to stop taking money from my card and I was charged again today. This needs to stop
 10th of May, 2013 by   ScoreSense 0 Votes
Hi,

We would like to help resolve this for you and if you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at 877-335-6823 to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

24th of Jun, 2013 by   WDC916 0 Votes
We have had the same experience with unauthorized use of our credit card by ScoreSence.com. We have discovered that they have been charging or credit card for the last 11 months or $29.95 per month. When the contacted them to complain about these unscrupulous business practices we received the following from customer service authorizing 5 of the 11 charges, Not Approving 7 of the unauthorized charges totaling $209.65. In addition we have made several formal request "we respectfully request that you provide a written copy of any correspondence and/or contract in which we have authorized your company to withdrawal these funds from our account and/or any and all correspondence in which your company has advised that we have a formal agreement in which fees would be charged as well as a data log demonstrating that we have ever used your service during this time frame outlined below in your statement" which they have not provided.
Below is ScoreSense response to our request for a full refund.

Membership ID: 21824092
Dear William,
Thank you for contacting ScoreSense Customer Care. After careful review of your account, the following refund requests have been processed:
Transaction Date Billed Amount Refund Status
12/08/2012 $29.95 Not Approved
01/08/2013 $29.95 Not Approved
02/08/2013 $29.95 Not Approved

Beware of This Company
We are filing a formal complaint with this Visa, our Bank as well as the California Better Business Bureau.
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   ScoreSense 0 Votes
Hi William,

21st of Aug, 2013 by   Geoff Melchor 0 Votes
I am also experiencing charges to my debit card for $29.95 from scoresense without my authorization, I am working now to stop this, contacting my bank and scoresense to refund my money back.
 21st of Aug, 2013 by   ScoreSense 0 Votes
Hi Geoff,

26th of Sep, 2013 by   Jacqueline Bemis 0 Votes
I was just charged 29.95 for credit score that I did not order. A dollar was taken out also but they did send my credit score on that so you better give me credit or the 29.95 now!!! Jacqueline Bemis

How to Save on Health Insurance