logo

Orkin

Posted:    Brandon

Poor customer service

Orkin
I had an appointment scheduled for 2-4 PM today. I left work early to attend this appointment because I wanted the individual to actually deal with pest control issues IN the home as well as outside the home. At 4:00 PM I called because no one had showed. I was put on hold for 30 minutes without anyone helping me. At 4:30 PM I called back to say no one had come. They said they would contact my Pest Control Service Person and get back with me in 5-10 minutes. At 5:30 PM (1 hour) I still had not been called so I called back. That's when they said they couldn't contact the individual and that they would need to reschedule. I said no- I had left work early for this. They asked if they could come before I left for work in the morning (before 7 AM) and again I said no. I politely but firmly told them that if someone did not come today I would cancel my contract with the company. They said they would try to contact my provider. He called within 2 minutes. He told me that the company had not called him and proceeded to YELL at me that it was not his fault, that he was at home, that he was done for the day. When I told him he could not come at 4:30 AM (the time that he wanted to come tomorrow) he said "I guess I could get my uniform on and come over. I'll be there sometime tonight". I felt disrespected (I did not raise my voice once, yet was yelled at twice). I felt as if the specialist was trying to guilt me into changing my mind. I do not feel that a customer is always right, but I DO feel that we should not be treated like this. Even if the specialist comes out this evening, the treatment of me is enough for me to say I do not wish to work with them again. This is the THIRD time an incident like this has happened with this company (within the last year) and each time I have been yelled at, ignored, or told to reschedule at a time that works for them.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Feb, 2011 by   exorkinemployee 0 Votes
Brandon, That's normal operating proceedure for the Orkin company. Don't take it personally. Orkin treats all of their customers this way.

Money and Marriage