logo

UPWORKPTR.COM A SCAM

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Opinion Outpost, Shelton, Connecticut Complaints & Reviews - Termination of Membership and withhold rewards

Opinion Outpost Contacts & Informations

Opinion Outpost

Posted: 2012-07-16 by    mandiesue1979

Termination of Membership and withhold rewards

Opinion Outpost
6 Research Drive
Shelton, Connecticut
Phone: 1.877.254.1234
opinionoutpost.com
I have been a member of this panel for over a year now. I have heard many stories of them freezing people accounts for illegitimate reasons and not paying. I never had any trouble, and they were actually one of my favorite survey sites until recently. I have done a number of surveys for them, but for the past month have had huge problems with some of the surveys not crediting, they would redirect me to an error page which read that I was flagged for data concerns, or that I or someone in my household had completed the survey before. I know their survey system well, if I had taken the survey before, I wouldn't have been allowed to start it as it redirects you when you click on it and says you cannot participate because you have already done that survey. I would know if I had completed any of these surveys, needless to say I was getting very upset. Altogether I had about a dozen and a half that did this, some they credited me for, about 4 or 5, and I didn't even waste my time complaining about the 50 cent surveys. So they terminated me.. I have done nothing but tell them somethings wrong with their system, as I am not getting credit for some of their surveys. Oh and when a 55 point survey didn't credit, I did threaten them, it took me over an hour to do it, that was over a 5.00 survey. But at first when this was happening, I just ignored it, until it kept happening. I have done many surveys for them, and although it didn't happen all the time, it happened too often, and I couldn't be flagged for data concerns as I would spend a long time answering surveys, honestly with the same profile information all the time. I seen a few others having the problem and they wrote about something on their website saying: Many companies offer the same survey through multiple survey panels. If you ever get the status “someone else already participated in this survey using your computer” it may be that you already completed the survey with a different survey panel. Although this is uncommon, it can be frustrating when it happens.

We encourage our members to prevent this from happening by not taking surveys on a computer that someone else does. We know this is sometimes not possible since spouses share a computer, but if it's possible to take surveys on different computers, this will happen less frequently.
Uh, duh, people know when they do the same survey, but ssi surveys(which is what OO uses), never lets you even start a survey...looks like a lot of people were complaining so much, they had to say something about it. There were times when I started a survey and it redirected from the start saying I may have already done the survey. Thats how it works, it doesn't let you finish the survey to go to an error screen saying that either you may have taken the survey or you were flagged for data concerns, and then it says if you think this is an error please contact them...WHICH IS WHAT I DID. Instead of helping me most of the time they would state that I didn't qualfiy for the survey. which is a lie since I know I finished the survey, its just that they didn't want to admit their system is having problems. Which lead you to think, maybe this error screen is a problem they don't care to fix, its in their best interest to not pay you for the survey, they get paid anyhow.
Its very unfair that I have worked like crazy to do these surveys and then not get paid, I was busting my but, trying to get money for my kids school clothes. only to be RIPPED OFF BY OPINION OUTPOST. I suggest anyone else that has had this happen complain to the BBB and FTC, which is what I am doing, if enough people get together I think we should enter a class action lawsuit against Opinion Outpost, now I know those that have had their account frozen for no reason were legit, because it happened to me.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2012 by   survey101 +1 Votes
Just happened to me! Went to cash out $30.00 and it comes up "Account terminated for data concerns. You no longer have access to the website or ALREADY ACCUMULATED REWARDS." Sketchy, much?
 30th of Mar, 2013 by   anonymous209 +1 Votes
I couldn't agree more. Opinionoutpost is a complete SCAM! I advise all survey takers to please avoid this panel. I busted my butt each and everyday taking surveys to earn enough money to surprise my mother with a birthday present. I had just crossed the $200 mark when I logged in the next day only to be stopped by a ridiculous pop-up claiming that my account has been frozen due to "data concerns". This survey site is so shady and the system is so corrupt! I just couldn't believe I had just lost $200 for illegimate reasons that this scamming panel couldn't provide proof for. I wish I could give all opinionoutpost affiliate a piece of my mind, in person that is. To all opinionoutpost survey takers, enjoy it while it last. You too will be a victim one day. I hope the BBB does something about this. Burn in hell opinionoutpost!!!
 15th of Jun, 2013 by   gigglypuff203 0 Votes
I'm so pissed right now. Whelp. The same thing just happened to me. i built up 100 dollars and my account frozen after trying to redeem the points. Funny how I never had a problem with the site until I went to get my money.
 2nd of Jul, 2013 by   mystory88813 0 Votes
I just tried to cash out my reward points but it sent me a message saying" Account terminated for data concerns" and it kicked me out of the site. I tried to log back in but it said my account was frozen.
 11th of Jan, 2014 by   cinnamonn 0 Votes
I just had the same thing happen to me yesterday. I joined around 5 months ago and remained loyal even after I questioned their work when I would waste time on surveys. The pay was good but I started getting error messages after spending 30+ minutes for a few dollars. I emailed their help desk to find out why I was receiving these error messages after spending my morning on something I'm not even getting paid for. Each time their only response was how the survey was still open and I can still take it. That isn't even closing to helping me with my problem and once I even took another 45 minutes to earn the money I already worked for, just to get the same result. I stopped getting frustrated and tried to ignore whenever I didn't receive my rewards for a survey.
Yesterday I tried to cash out $50 for Amazon gift cards and I immediately got locked out from my account. "Account terminated for data concerns" not even a clear or valid reason. I doubt I'll be getting a response from them, but I'm not just letting this go. I worked for that, even though people may just think it's "only $50". We don't have enough money where I can let this go easily. I always had good things to say about them and I recommended them a lot, but they really ruined that this time.
 17th of Jan, 2014 by   wendimac 0 Votes
I have been a member for over 3 years. Today they froze my account due to supposed 'data concerns', and yet they continue to send me emails. While this site may have been trustworthy at one time, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I have had problems with their surveys anyway, where I would invest 15 or 20 minutes just to be disqualified. Although that happens on every site from time to time, it seems to happen with Opinion Outpost more often. This hasn't happened on any other panel. I never made much on that site anyway, so I say good riddance. There are plenty of reputable sites out there. Best to stick with those.
 18th of Oct, 2014 by   Clasch 0 Votes
The same thing just happened to me. I wrote to their help desk and asked why my account is frozen. I probably won't hear back from anyone. This is very upsetting!

Expired Food, Wasted Money