logo

One West Bank

Posted: 2011-12-22 by    Hommile

Mortgage modification fraud

One West Bank
I took out a mortgage with Indy Mac in 2004. I made payments for one year according to their payment schedule. The following year the payments began to increase much higher than the loan papers had indicated. I discovered they had deceptively given me a neg am adjustable. I had the loan go through forensics and it contained several fraudulent lending violations. They refused to refinance it into a reasonable and safe loan and my payments doubled. I began working many extra hours and made all payments until my health collapsed. I was hospitalized and under went major surgery. i hired a law firm to help get a modification and although they worked diligently Indy Mac refused to do anything. The law firm then was closed down because of complaints filed against them. Around the same time i discovered that there were red tags and grading violations on the property and that these violations had deliberately not been disclosed to me at the time of the sale. I discovered that there had been a conspiracy agreement between the real estate brokerages and the mortgage brokerages involved in the sale. They were all friends and had hid the properties violations in order to sell an unsalable home. I had to hire lawyers and pay for expensive geological reports and court related fees. My financial situation deteriated further. My home went into foreclosure and I hired a new law firm who helped to get me a trial payment plan. I complied and never missed a payment for 10 months. I had a negotiator assigned named Eric Rose. Each week he would reassure my lawyer and / or me that he had all the paperwork and that the modification would soon be completed. On Nov 1st, 2010 I called to make my payment and was told it would not be accepted and my house was to be placed up for sale Nov 10th, 2010. Neither my lawyer nor I had received prior notice of this.

I tried calling to get some information about how this could have happened. The customer service personnel and their supervisors were illusive and evasive. Each told a different story. My lawyer and I had kept meticulous records of all our communications to Indy Mac. The Indy Mac personnel simply deny anything and everything and change their story from moment to moment and person to person.( I feel like I am dealing with 14 year olds trying hoplessly to cover their sneaky shenanigans, ) They tell me I was denied because of missing paperwork, paperwork that was clearly documented as having been sent and verified by negotiator Eric Rose as having been received. I am told I have no recourse and no rights to an alternative modification request. In order to retain my home I am being charged an amount that is almost twice the amount of my missed payments, This is in direct contradiction to their advertisements about their modification program.. All I can say is who are these guys!!!??? Scary.. to say the least. i think we should all go out and rent the James Stewart movie" It's a Wonderful Life" It is genius in representing how the ethical and moral fabric of our society is rotting away because we continue to trust and financially support these heartless, corrupt and self serving BiG Business Banking Systems. We need to wake up and go back to placing our money in the hands of the small town banking systems. The time of big business has got to end if we are to get back the innate goodness that was once America's best asset. So now i have no recourse but to find another lawyer. After all that's America's system of accountability these days isn't it..the inevitable lawsuit..Heaven Save us!!!
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jan, 2012 by   figherfrorights -1 Votes
Did you know OWB will go in one day and layoff 800 people from their Austin, Texas call center and the next day hold a job fair to hire another 800 people. They don't want their employee's knowing to much. Their loss mitigation team is also based in Austin as well. those people are robots. OWB could be doing so much more for people especially after the sweetheart deal they got from the FDIC. The main reason behind that deal was to help people not steal from the us. I suggest you and everybody else who have been screwed by IM/OWB file a complaint with your state attorney generals office and the Consumer financial protection agency.I have been told by banking/mortgage experts that Banks do not like to get letters or calls from the Attorney generals office.I'm currently suing IM/OWB and going to trial Next month for over 19 violations the committed. Its been a 3 1/2 year battle. We need to all stand up to these big bullies and fight back.
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   thelarson 0 Votes
One West will learn. Google MacDonald v one west. They lied about stuff and tried to pass it off in front of Judge Matsch.
 1st of May, 2012 by   hbtower22 0 Votes
My wife and I are pursuing a civil lawsuit successfully against OneWest Bank in Los Angeles County for Breach of Contract, Fraud etc... We have a trial date set for July 9th, 2012. We are looking to help others and in turn receive advice and assistance from those in simular circumstances. We have set up a web page that summerizes our story and case against Onewest Bank: http://www.gronoproductions.com/Gronski_vs_OneWest.html

To view our Case Summary to date follow the link below:
Case Number - YC063205

Lets help each other in this fight!

Flagstar Bank Scam Artists Call