logo

furniture Stores
shopping
4. (22 mins ago)
canadamags.com
Don’t subscribe – scam and waste of money
5. (26 mins ago)
ROBERT CIAMBRANO
stealing money/non payment of a judgement

Consumer Tips & Tricks

cold food, management

Olive Garden
212 Newnan Crossing Byp
Newnan, Georgia
Valentines Day nightmare. I ordered a steak and my wife ordered the kabobs. Both were to be cooked medium. When the food arrived the waiter carefully removed hers from the skewers, asked us to try our food and asked how they were. We both cut into them and they were both medium. My wife however noticed that hers was warm on the surface, but cold in the middle, like it had been sitting under a lamp for some time. The waiter apologized, took the plate back and said he would take care of it. When he returned, 15 minutes later, he cautioned that the plate was very hot. We noticed right away that the kabobs weren't on a skewer and only contained about half an order. When she cut into a piece of meat, it was hot allright, but it was also cooked well and had no juice left. The kitchen had either put it back on the grill or microwaved the heck out of it.

We had now been sitting at the table for over an hour and neither of us were interested in waiting any longer. We called the manager and told him we wanted our bill. We had never seen him there before and he just stared at the plates. He then said that he would have her kabobs re-made. My wife replied thanks anyway, but "my husbands dinner is now cold and this whole dinner experience is pretty much ruined. He finally said "just a minute". He left and returned, apologized and said that he had taken care of our bill. That was the end of it. He did nothing to entice us to return to his store and we will never go back. This is a real shame, because we live in the area and used to eat there a couple of times a month.

The first problem which was a cold meal was made even worse by the second problem, which was a manager that didn't have the first clue about customer retention.

Newnan lost a TGI Fridays last year due to lack of customers. Watch out
Comments United States Restaurants & Bars
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Feb, 2009 by   sillyme 0 Votes
Write a complaint to the main office through their website. I had an awful experience once at Olive Garden, I mean it was really gross, and I wrote a cordial email to the corporate offices explaining what happened. I was very pleased with their response and the aftermath. You should try it.
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   britniniwilliams 0 Votes
"This is a real shame, because we live in the area and used to eat there a couple of times a month."

~I understand that service sucked but if you like a restaurant, it's silly to let one sucky time ruin it for you. It was one trip to OG and there are other managers there. You just happened to go on the night when the idiot manager was working. Don't judge the restaurant as a whole by that one experience. I actually work at an OG in Indiana. I know that night was Valentine's Day and I think what happened was inexcusable. The situation wasn't handled correctly at all. I also know that on the busiest day of the year, the best cooks should've been on line and the GM and other great managers should've been the one's working. But give it another try and yes, definitely talk to corporate. I know that they send out gift cards in the mail for complaints!!!
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   SIR. FARAMARZ FRED ABOLFATHI 0 Votes
Let me tell you about a horrid experience I had at a panera bread in Florida! i prefer to have that manager he called himself a general manager and should be fired all the way to the Mopon!!! If I was the owner and he spoke to me that way he would never work anywhere in the USA as far as i am concerned I tried the BBB and they asked what the remedy was i told them to make him appologize and on a letter Head and all would be forgiven maybe the manager never said he was sorryu for false accusations against me and since June of 2008, I have ot been there since it is march 2009 and i am a happy man now I have the Laptop I dreamed I could want but diod not think i could affoird some miracle happend and poof i got the Dream PC laptop with the most powerful Memory and not so much hard drive but if you ever go to drink Coffee the area Dunking Donut shop is better they may be not as clean or tidy but they give you the respect and the manager does not falsley accuse you of Voyerism and I was innoiocenty and tried to defend myself but lost to this mANAGER AND THEN MY uNCLKE FROM THE uk WITH MY SISTER ARRIVED TO EAT THERE i SAID DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THEM AND WE ALL WENT TO ANOTHER LOCATION AND HAD A GREAT TIME NONE THE LESS AT A LOCAL sAM'S CLUB NO DOUBT THEY TREAED US LIKE A FAMILY IF YOU WANT TO NOT BE TREATED LIKE CRAP AND GARBAGE GO TO THE SAM'S OR TARGET THEY TRULY TRAT YOU LIKE A GUEST AT A PANBBERA BREAD YOUY ARE TREATED LIKE THEIR PAYCHECK THEY DO NOT DO WHAT THEY SAY AND WHGEN THEY SAY CAN IU HELP THE NEXT GUEST THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO PANERA BREAD LET THEM GO OUT OF BUSINESS AND ON bRUCE b DOWNS ANDS ALL THE OTHER PANERA BREAD'S SHOULD EITHER RE ESTABLISH A NEW POLICY TO FIRST ASK BEFORE ACCUSING AGAINS THE LAW YOU SEE IN THE USA YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO POINT A FINGER UNTOO THE DAY AT THE COURT HOUSE I DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO SUE THIUS COMPANY BUT I TELL YOU IF I WAS A MILLIONAIRE OR WON THE LOTTO IN FLORIDA I WOULD GO FOR THE HEART IN A SECONMD MAKE THE OWNERS FIRE THE SOB AND MAKE SURE HE NEVER WORK ANYUWHERE IN THE USA AS LONG AS I LKIVE OR HE LIVES BECAUSE HE WAS JUST PLAIN RUDE AND THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT A GUEST THAT IS HOW YOU FALSE ACCUSE A CUSTOMER OF SOMETHING ANOPTHER SLOTH CUSTOMER FEMALE STUNDENT FALE ACCUSED ME OF TAPING THEM I DID NOT VIDEO THEM I DID NOT PHO9TO THEM THERE ARE TONS OF STDENTS THER EWHO WEAR WHORISH OUTFITS THE MANEGR FROM THERE PROIBABLY DID EACHN AND EVERY ONE OF THEM OR WISE VERSA LIKE THE CLINTON THING THE IN AND OUT BOBBIBNG FROM MONIUCA YOU KJNOW WHO LAWINSKI GOT IT?
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   SIR. FARAMARZ FRED ABOLFATHI 0 Votes
DO NOPT SEE THE DVD TWILIGHT IT COMES OUT ON MARCH THE 21ST IT IS A JUNK MOVIE THEY ARE MAKEING A SEQUEL I STILL AM BOYCOTTTING THEM AND PANERA BREAD AS TO THIS VERYT DATE IF THE MANGER WAS NOT TAKEN CARED OIIF MAYBE WE CUSTIOME4RS SHOULD DO THE JOB FOR THEM?
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   Sherry1 0 Votes
The Olive Garden Doesn't Serve "Kabobs" ! FYI
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   BossesSuck 0 Votes
Sherry1 for your information they do serve "kabobs" or "skewers"...I ate there and that is what I ordered directly from the menu and it contained chicken and steak smarty pants.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Anonymous 0 Votes
yeah i just looked at their menu and they didn't have "kabobs" or "skewers."
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   katherineg 0 Votes
they don't serve "kabobs" they sell steak medallions on a skewer its called "mixed grill" and it's one of my favorite dishes from olive garden, the manager apologized and offer to replace your meal, he even paid for your check what else did you want him to do, kiss your feet? things are not always going to be perfect specially on a day like valentine's when they get slammed, sorry but life may continue to be hard for you
 24th of Oct, 2010 by   John Rinaldo 0 Votes
First I want to thank Olive Garden. I do like wine and it was there that I discovered Riunite Lambrusco. That is the good part. Olive Garden charges $5.00 a glass or $25.00 for a small carafe.
I found the Riunite Lambrusco at Smart and Final grocery store for $3.99 per bottle. 85% less that a bottle by the glass would cost at Olive Garden.

OK, that is the good part. I like soup and their soup is consistently terrible!! Yesterday I ate at the one in San Diego. The menistrone was awful. The vegetables were uncooked, not good in a soup, OK in a salad. And the broth was just water. Like it was just made and had no time to soak up any flavor. I complained since this had happened several time before. The server was quite understanding and I decided to try the pasta fagoli, again terrible no past and no beans. That less than five tiny piece of pasta and less of the beans. So I decided to complain to the manager. He seemed not to really care, but offered to bring me a bowl with more pasta and beans.
But of course the broth was terrible. I pointed it out to the manager and he replied "well soup is suppose to have water in it"
It was around 2:30 and I think they were just preparing a new batch. You really cannot make soup instantly unless your culinary training is limited to top raman!
I suppose you could just right the soup thing off as "never order soup".

But it is not just the soup, or just the stupid manager. It is the food.
I like chicken parmigiana. At Olive garden they deep fry a frozen chicken parmigiana breast! I have ordered it several times and the edges are alway over fried and hard as rocks.
This restaurnat sucks, and the public should wake up and show them that people really matter.
Hopefully if enough stop going there they will go broke since they have forgot the simple ethic of providing good food at a good price results in sucess in the restaurant business.
And the reverse ultimately results is failure!
And that is where they belong! There obsession with the bottom line and their stock price shows where American business is going.
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   jerrygl 0 Votes
I have eaten many times at Olive Garden and it seems the Jax, FL locations are terrible. I have yet to have an enjoyable experience there. My last was 10/30/10 at 330pm. We went there and were told 10-15 min wait, after about 30 mins my wife asked how much longer and was advised they had no idea. The place was half empty and there were 4 host/hostess standing up front. We have had this happen before do to poor management. Again I do not stop going for 1 problem, but to continue to have this happen over and over is enough. I've also sat with my party at OG as others in my party ate and I waited another 45 mins for my meal. Again management did not seem to care. Red lobster in Ocala, Fl had this problem several years ago and we stopped going for about a year and now this is no longer a problem. Either new managers or enough complaints. jerrygl
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   ANGRY WILSON CUSTOMER +1 Votes
Olive Garden WILSON, NC
Horrible Service, Filthy, and lack of MGMT. WOW! Worst restaurant experience I or my wife have ever had! You think a new restaurant would have an experienced well trained staff, or after being opened for 3 months would have atleast adjusted! Well first of all the staff created all the kaos by themselves, empty tables everywhere and no employees sitting us! We waited 5mins until we were even acknowledged. Where is the manager I asked the host said "hes too busy in the back." Well after several customers walked out in front of us and after we waited 28 minutes they decided to sit us, then had the nerve to sit us down at a dirty table At this point I already had enough and was ready to leave but my wife wanted to stay. Finally they moved us to a different table and we only had to wait 6minutes more before someone even said hello then another 10 minutes before we got our drinks. What really made me upset was all the waiters and servers just standing around talking and laughing while we were just waiting. My wife decided to use the bathroom she said it was absolutely filthy and had a horrible stench that neither did she want to use the bathroom or eat anymore. Filthy, filthy restaraunt dirty tables waiting to be bussed trash all over the carpet, my waiter had to rewipe my table. We waited another 35 minutes before we even got our salad or any bread sticks, I look down at my salad plate and it was disgusting, it had a used straw and crumbs all over it! At this point I insisted to speak with a manager I asked several waitresses and a busser! So after 5 minutes all they gave me was his name Michael, we never saw him. He didn't even have the nerve to come and speak with us no wonder this restaraunt is so horrible! So we left without paying anything or even talking to a manager. They lost 2 customers and ruined Olive Garden for the rest of our lives. I plan on calling the health department to do an inspection and I figured Id save as many customers the stomach pains and neglect that we had experienced as I can.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   Bronx johnny 0 Votes
So you've been there several times before? Get over it, you had 1 bad experience, go back and try again, i swear i hate people like you!!
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   kensie007 +2 Votes
You people who complain never cease to amaze me. Seriously, the guy paid for your meal and apologized. You essentially got two free steak dinners and then still feel it necessary to go to a complaint board because he didn't "entice" you to come back???? You are an entitled piece of sh*t and it is likely they don't want you to come back. Enjoy your ungrateful miserable life and you should look into getting some therapy... Seriously.
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   VCK41 0 Votes
Receiving 2-3 spam advertisements daily from Olive Garden. This company doesn't care about their customer's privacy. On top of that, they constantly violate the spam laws. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who breaks the law is a criminal! I will not do business with criminals! By the time I'm finished with Olive Garden, the whole country is going to know what a bunch of jerks all of these people are. On top of everything, I've never seen a clean restroom in any Olive Garden. As far as general cleaniness for the entire Olive Garden chain, I would rate the about a THREE! I'm taking them to court!
 12th of Feb, 2012 by   TheItalian 0 Votes
Olive Gardens food is mediocre and given the way the servers are treated by management there, im sure the prob will get fired eventually. Best bet is to complain to corporate and you'll prob receive a nice gift card for a free meal and better service. Also mention upon arrival that last time you were there, you have received bad service and they will make sure you get the 4 star treatment. Good Luck
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   golfingmorris 0 Votes
Just had lunch at the Olive Garden, will never eat there again. I ordered the beef with pasta, and mushrooms. I received, four slices of mushrooms, 7 small piecers of beef, and a lot of pasta. We arrived at 10 to 12, had to wait 10 minutes for the tables to be cleared.
Service was very, very slow. My Daughter, and I spent over an hour, and a half for lunch. Not many people eating at this time. Like I say, this was my last trip to the Olive Garden. What you should do is, send your people to the Elephant bar to see how a business should be run.
 11th of Apr, 2014 by   N contreras -1 Votes
I would like to report that Olive Garden located at 1710 Old Fort PArkway, Murfreesboro TN 37129 has illegal immigrants working there. I know for a fact there is a Mexican employee there working as a server and sometimes as a bartender that goes by the name of (Alex Rodriguez, Alex Torres or Alejandro Rodriguez) and he does not have a valid working permit to be able to work in the United Sates. He is using someone else's Social Insurance and he also uses a false alcohol permit when he operates as a bartender. When he works as a bartender he offers other services to customers for an extra charge and steals coupons to sell/use for his own benefits. It's a disgrace knowing that Olive Garden is a prestige American Restaurant and knowing that hires people that have no permit to work in the country and are stealing the jobs of many other legal Americans (Citizens and Residents).

Latest Trend In Identity Theft: Bank Text Alerts